Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Happened right in front of the photographer. Ouch :shakehead

BDCArO3CQAA2l_K.png:large

Yeah, Cooke's looking straight at Eriksson's leg. I guess that settles it.

It looked like an intentional play to me anyway, after watching the replay. There's no way Cooke's leg should otherwise lift that high when checking a player. The position he was in looked like he wanted to do something else than battle for the puck.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

It looked like an intentional play to me anyway, after watching the replay. There's no way Cooke's leg should otherwise lift that high when checking a player. The position he was in looked like he wanted to do something else than battle for the puck.

He's looking at the puck.

They were going into the corner for a puck, Cooke started to lose his footing and his leg came up. When he hit the boards he was able to regain balance and bring his foot back down, it was just unlucky that it came right down on Karlsson's achilles tendon.

I hate Matt Cooke as much as anyone, but he really has changed for the better over the last year, and I really do believe this was an accident.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He's looking at the puck.

They were going into the corner for a puck, Cooke started to lose his footing and his leg came up. When he hit the boards he was able to regain balance and bring his foot back down, it was just unlucky that it came right down on Karlsson's achilles tendon.

I hate Matt Cooke as much as anyone, but he really has changed for the better over the last year, and I really do believe this was an accident.

That's what he's counting on. Because he's "changed for better", he can get away with sneaky stuff like this occasionally.

That being said, I would've done the exact same thing on his situation. Getting rid of opposing teams star player AND making it look like an accident? It's a win-win situation.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's what he's counting on. Because he's "changed for better", he can get away with sneaky stuff like this occasionally.

That being said, I would've done the exact same thing on his situation. Getting rid of opposing teams star player AND making it look like an accident? It's a win-win situation.

135524136776.jpg

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

This. This is the one question that just will not go away. It looks like he's climbing a damned ladder, and then you just wonder why the hell, if he's going at that speed into the boards, is his leg lifted up like he's going to take piss. It's just weird, that combined with Cook's well earned reputation for being a girlscout... It's just weird...

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Made an unbelievable save, avoided stepping on laying Tarasenko, caught the puck, and made it all look like a walk in a park. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad