Non-Minnesota NHL News IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Probably Gilbert because of how good Brodin-Suter have been. In a perfect world you'd have left and right hand guys paired together but I would not touch that pairing. I would take an experienced, quality RH puck mover over Stoner.

The chances of finding a RH dman who would be comfortable on the left side is extremely slim. The NHL isnt EA sports.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Semin re-signed for five years, $7M AAV.

And the thread was very quickly filled with Leafs fans who think Kessel is better (and some even say much better) than Semin.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
anyone else think its crazy broduer has 666 wins & is a devil? the ducks were upset because the detroit player stepped on getzlafs stick and fell down VERY easy.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
15-page thread on the main board was locked without anyone posting a video. Someone posted these though:

dSg3k2t.gif

tumblr_mk75ebVQPk1rqhbsko2_400.gif

The angle I saw on tv made the Getzlaf kick look much different. This looks so sad I might like it more though.

Well that's just the ***** being the *****. Outside of us I enjoy seeing them lose to no greater team then Detroit.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Semin re-signed for five years, $7M AAV.

And the thread was very quickly filled with Leafs fans who think Kessel is better (and some even say much better) than Semin.

And yet they're gonna get Kessel re-signed for <$6M per year as well. No worries though. They're gonna sign Getzlaf and Perry trade for Bobby Ryan and wait for Kadri to become that illusive #1C.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
They got their next game vs. Columbus. I don't know what to think about that. Bobrovsky can alone win the game for CBJ.

Columbus has been great lately. In their last 10 games they've been 7-1-2, which puts them third in the NHL in that category, only behind Pittsburgh (10-0-0) and us (8-2-0).

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
End of the Ducks-Red Wings game last night was incredible. Ducks were down by 1 in a game where they were handily outplaying everyone but Howard, pulled the goalie and just frenzied on the Wings' net. Weak penalty with a half minute remaining, Candy Corn Perry slams his stick into the wall, Getzlaf dropkicks his stick down the ice, Selanne very lip-readable for a few minutes, all three ejected.

It was beautiful.

Went back and watched the last few minutes on GameCenter...beautiful is right. Their tears are delicious.

Is anyone else hearing rumors about Leslie Alexander wanting an NHL expansion franchise for Houston?

Next expansion is going to be to "slam dunk" cities, not to a boom/bust like Houston. Seattle getting a team is somewhere between a likelihood and a poorly-kept secret at this point. Québec will be milked for comically large relocation and/or expansion fees. Prior failures like Atlanta, Phoenix, and whoever flops next (Dallas? Miami?) have made everyone a bit more conservative about the whole "new markets" thing.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I might be the only one, but I'd rather our 1st lane stay as is. The cycling from that line is great, even if it isn't that flashy. (part of this success IS coyle)

Meh. You could score 800 goals like the top line did last night. Big deal.
Or, you could have Parise-Koivu-Filppula-Iginla-Broduter-Metal Crosby as the top line.

And before you make your decision, you should know that Metal Crosby comes with a bluetooth deep fryer pizza cannon, and instead of having skate blades it uses circular furniture mover pads co-developed by the space program and the makers of Booty Pop.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Next expansion is going to be to "slam dunk" cities, not to a boom/bust like Houston. Seattle getting a team is somewhere between a likelihood and a poorly-kept secret at this point. Québec will be milked for comically large relocation and/or expansion fees. Prior failures like Atlanta, Phoenix, and whoever flops next (Dallas? Miami?) have made everyone a bit more conservative about the whole "new markets" thing.
Except I stopped hearing the rumors about Seattle getting a team about two months ago. Right at the same time as I started hearing Houston as the next "expansion" not for a relocation.

In the end, this will all be determined by who has the fattest checkbook...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Seattle could, and should get a team. They just need a good rink placed in a good spot.

There are a lot of midwesterners that live in Seattle, as well as Canadians. Seattle is also a huge weekend destination spot for Canadians from all over Western Canada. That, and many people in Seattle like more alternative sports to football and basketball, etc. I could see the Hipsters getting into hockey. There's a reason waterpolo and soccer are so popular over there.

Little known fact: Seattle had the first ever U.S. Stanley Cup winning team. Not that anyone there knows that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad