OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Justin Fields too!! :sarcasm:
Bust.
I’ve got:
Williams
Maye
McCarthy
Daniels
Penix Jr
Nix

I’d give Penix a legit shot. That dude was absolutely nasty at throwing the ball.
Williams has bust written all over him, mental game is weak.

Daniels is a huge question mark that I wouldn't want and Penix will struggle in the NFL. If we are going to draft any of Daniels, Penix or Nix I would just as soon put the eggs into Darnold and bolster the defense. I'm not selling two draft classes for any of those guys. Maye or McCarthy or just BPA.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Bust.

Williams has bust written all over him, mental game is weak.

Daniels is a huge question mark that I wouldn't want and Penix will struggle in the NFL. If we are going to draft any of Daniels, Penix or Nix I would just as soon put the eggs into Darnold and bolster the defense. I'm not selling two draft classes for any of those guys. Maye or McCarthy or just BPA.
You wouldn’t have to sell anything for Penix. He will be there at 23. I think that is one of the contingency plans in place.

I’m a packers fan, but if the vikings get McCarthy I’ll be tuning into their games. McCarthy and Jones are worth watching

Reactions: MuckOG

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You wouldn’t have to sell anything for Penix. He will be there at 23. I think that is one of the contingency plans in place.

I’m a packers fan, but if the vikings get McCarthy I’ll be tuning into their games. McCarthy and Jones are worth watching
They might not play together.

Jones is on a 1 year and McCarthy might sit for a year.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Twins come back late to win it. Buxton made some clutch hits. Correa with a nice tag at second.

Also, sorry to those that may have liked Bremer, but it is so nice to not have to hear him anymore. That is all.

Reactions: MuckOG

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Baseball players are so f***ing fragile.

Lewis might miss a month because he can't round 2nd like an adult.
Brooks Lee is out with back spasms for a few weeks (every top prospect we get is always injured - Buxton, Lewis, Kiriloff, etc.). If Buxton and Correa play over 110 games, and Lee or Jenkins make it through the season healthy (after Lee's early DL time), I'll eat my hat.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Same thing as putting the eggs into the Fields basket. You do you.
The question that I think people are missing with Penix is he's also a left handed QB, which means you need a good RT, which Minnesota doesn't have (roll-outs are different). As well, Penix's injury history is such a massive red-flag.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The question that I think people are missing with Penix is he's also a left handed QB, which means you need a good RT, which Minnesota doesn't have (roll-outs are different). As well, Penix's injury history is such a massive red-flag.
Brian O'Neill isn't a good RT? That's news to me. PFF has him 8th among tackles, not Right Tackles, but all tackles.

Reactions: TaLoN and MuckOG

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Brian O'Neill isn't a good RT? That's news to me. PFF has him 8th among tackles, not Right Tackles, but all tackles.

Darrisaw was better, also don't know where you are seeing him as the 8th best tackle as they graded him a 74.5 and there were like a dozen better than him:

He also has had two injuries to his leg so far; ACL and ankle, though they said it was a foot fracture later, so who knows if it is 2 or 3 injuries.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Penix's injury history combined with his performance in big games are definitely red flags for me. Not so much for our tackles.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Penix's injury history combined with his performance in big games are definitely red flags for me. Not so much for our tackles.
He definitely will need to sit a season so that O'Connell and group can get the entire team to switch and get comfortable.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He definitely will need to sit a season so that O'Connell and group can get the entire team to switch and get comfortable.

I think there is an argument that can be made that the Vikings should sit any QB they draft for their first season

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Darrisaw was better, also don't know where you are seeing him as the 8th best tackle as they graded him a 74.5 and there were like a dozen better than him:

He also has had two injuries to his leg so far; ACL and ankle, though they said it was a foot fracture later, so who knows if it is 2 or 3 injuries.

From here: Sports Illustrated

When you look at only tackles, Darrisaw is No. 1 and O'Neill is No. 8. Cleveland is ninth among all guards, and Bradbury is ninth among all centers. In other words, the Vikings have four top-10 players on the offensive line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad