OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Nothing to do with school. More my time spent on a farm, and at the racetrack. You don't put a female out to stud, dudes only.
I hear male cows give funny tasting yogurt.

myq06want4x71.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wife asked me if she should buy Brewers homer opener tickets when they first went on sale. I said no because it'll be weather dependent if we go. There is currently 2" of snow on the ground with no sign of letting up any time soon. Glad we didn't buy tickets.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I will be interested to see what other picks in addition to next year's second.

Texans starting to look scary good.

EDIT: Looks like the return will be a 2025 2nd and 5th round, and 2026 6th round picks.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

I will be interested to see what other picks in addition to next year's second.

Texans starting to look scary good.

EDIT: Looks like the return will be a 2025 2nd and 5th round, and 2026 6th round picks.

Until Diggs starts pouting again

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was Diggs starting to be a problem in Buffalo, or is this a move for cap reasons? Seems like a terrible return for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Was Diggs starting to be a problem in Buffalo, or is this a move for cap reasons? Seems like a terrible return for him.

Basically, Diggs was doing the same thing in Buffalo that he was doing in Minnesota - complaining about not being targeted enough. He never explicitly said he wanted out, but it was pretty clear that he was unhappy and would welcome a trade.

What is it about the WR position that there are so many divas?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Kiriloff, Buxton, and Jeffers produce for the Twins. Correa had a great catch. Relief did their job.

Hope Kiriloff can stay healthy - love his swing.

Also, Morneau is starting to enter Walz territory for me. Former player I really liked becoming extremely annoying...

Reactions: Northerner

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What is it about the WR position that there are so many divas?
You have a position where the best players only touch the ball 8-10 times/gm, yet are talked about like they are the one player a defense needs to be concerned with... thus you get over inflated egos.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You have a position where the best players only touch the ball 8-10 times/gm, yet are talked about like they are the one player a defense needs to be concerned with... thus you get over inflated egos.
QB, WR, RB, TE are your fantasy players as well. So, their names will come up more often with fans.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Well Walker Jenkins left his first minor league game yesterday due to injury. While I don't think it's going to be long, three players I was most excited to see start their seasons are out. Lewis is out for the main team. Brooks Lee is out. And now their best prospect Jenkins is out.

I guess if you're a top prospect for the twins of the last decade, you just automatically get injured.

Reactions: MuckOG

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Caitlin Clark is annoying as crap. She reminds me of Luka always complaining to the refs for calls.

Wonder if another pity part will be thrown for Iowa after another natty loss.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Caitlin Clark is annoying as crap. She reminds me of Luka always complaining to the refs for calls.

Wonder if another pity part will be thrown for Iowa after another natty loss.
It's all of basketball - pros and college. Every single whistle has someone complaining at the refs. It's gotten out of hand and makes it nearly unwatchable.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
It's all of basketball - pros and college. Every single whistle has someone complaining at the refs. It's gotten out of hand and makes it nearly unwatchable.
I guess I don’t really agree with this but to each their own. It seems like every other play Luka is running in transition with his arms out wide looking at the refs and it just get annoying to watch and I don’t find myself seeing other players doing it nearly as often.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I guess I don’t really agree with this but to each their own. It seems like every other play Luka is running in transition with his arms out wide looking at the refs and it just get annoying to watch and I don’t find myself seeing other players doing it nearly as often.
I watch very little NBA, but that has always felt like a problem to me. Ant seems to complain every time he turns it over or misses a shot.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I watch very little NBA, but that has always felt like a problem to me. Ant seems to complain every time he turns it over or misses a shot.
I watch very little basketball as well maybe 5-10 regular season games then the playoffs. For whatever reason it’s always stood out to me when I’ve watched Luka and then Caitlin Clark and I’ve noticed it very little else where but maybe I could do a better job at keeping an eye out for it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I watch very little basketball because the modern game barely resembles what basketball is supposed to be.

The traveling was getting bad in the 90's, but now it's downright ridiculous.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad