OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XI - We Got A Soccer Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Honestly, I think Ryan jumped ship because he knew there was going to be a mess, then came back when everything was in tatters and there are little to no expectations.

It's a bit like what Walter Smith with the team formerly known as Rangers, except he actually won with them, then left they dipped in form, then came back when they "needed him" got them back to glory then left and they tanked again this time out of existence. He actually did things for them though, but left when he knew they were screwed TWICE.

Either way, I think it's problems from the top-down, and it won't change any time soon.

I found it interesting on the HAMS, Randy Shaver said that the Twins are essentially screwed because of the Santana situation. That the Twins couldn't go out and get another player because of salary. If I'm not mistaken, the MLB doesn't have a cap and the team can spend as they wish, if they wish. Is this not the case? I'm pretty sure the Pohlads could dish out another 10million this year if they so choose, but being the Pohlads they'll be looking for pennies to collect on the street.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Second inning, no outs, and Hughes has already given up a homer and a double.

I'm excited about the new speed-of-play rules, particularly the new rule that batters have to stay in the batter's box between pitches. I genuinely believe a few of those playoff games against the Yankees where we blew a lead were a result of the Yankees being masters of abusing the batter's timeout.

ChexLeMeneux

May 15, 2010
I found it interesting on the HAMS, Randy Shaver said that the Twins are essentially screwed because of the Santana situation. That the Twins couldn't go out and get another player because of salary. If I'm not mistaken, the MLB doesn't have a cap and the team can spend as they wish, if they wish. Is this not the case? I'm pretty sure the Pohlads could dish out another 10million this year if they so choose, but being the Pohlads they'll be looking for pennies to collect on the street.

The Pohlads could do a lot of things but they are just another sorry ass group of owners that get tax payers to pay for their hobby.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Second inning, no outs, and Hughes has already given up a homer and a double.

I'm excited about the new speed-of-play rules, particularly the new rule that batters have to stay in the batter's box between pitches. I genuinely believe a few of those playoff games against the Yankees where we blew a lead were a result of the Yankees being masters of abusing the batter's timeout.

Too bad the managers are still allowed to apparently take their sweet ass time in deciding whether to challenge calls or not with that slow ass walk out of the dugout. At least according to the Jays-Yankees game with Joe Girardi doing just that. That oughtta continue slowing things down.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Just went through all of my old paintball stuff. I think that was my most favorite hobby I've ever had, but it was so expensive everyone had to quit.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Just went through all of my old paintball stuff. I think that was my most favorite hobby I've ever had, but it was so expensive everyone had to quit.

Especially if you did speedball. I could feel my wallet getting lighter. They just HAD to implement "You have to use our paintballs". :shakehead

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Both my teams are 0-1 and were shutout in their season openers...gonna be a good baseball year.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
So. Stubhub has a coupon for 25$ off, but they didn't set a minimum purchase limit! Grabbed a bunch of Twins tickets for free. I believe the code was '25OFF'

You're welcome. I'm sure it won't last long.

Slick Willy*

So. Stubhub has a coupon for 25$ off, but they didn't set a minimum purchase limit! Grabbed a bunch of Twins tickets for free. I believe the code was '25OFF'

loll

Slick Willy*

I just clicked their 'deals' and it's slow as ****. Says "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

The web server for the domain www.stubhub.com is unable to respond at this time. The origin is having network or application issues."

Are people flooding that site or what?

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I just clicked their 'deals' and it's slow as ****. Says "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

The web server for the domain www.stubhub.com is unable to respond at this time. The origin is having network or application issues."

Are people flooding that site or what?

Mine works fine. I don't think it's blown up too crazy yet.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Hey thanks.

I haven't been to a Twins game in several years now so looks like I'm taking my fiancee for a pretty low price.

And hell, if we decide not to go I'm sure it won't be hard to make more than $20 on the pair. Anything more than that is profit at this point :handclap:

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Hey thanks.

I haven't been to a Twins game in several years now so looks like I'm taking my fiancee for a pretty low price.

And hell, if we decide not to go I'm sure it won't be hard to make more than $20 on the pair. Anything more than that is profit at this point :handclap:

No problem. Congrats on the engagement!

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Can we start a Twins boycott? When the state agreed to build them a new stadium, they said they would field a competitive team. This is the opposite of competitive. I would love for the Pohlads to sell the team because they aren't making enough money from people not going or watching on TV. One can dream right? I just hate having to pay for that stadium to watch a ****** team.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Can we start a Twins boycott? When the state agreed to build them a new stadium, they said they would field a competitive team. This is the opposite of competitive. I would love for the Pohlads to sell the team because they aren't making enough money from people not going or watching on TV. One can dream right? I just hate having to pay for that stadium to watch a ****** team.

I can deal with it because our future actually does look good. Buxton is arguably the best overall prospect in baseball and Sano may be one of the best power hitting prospects in a long time. Not to mention several other prospects that are looking pretty good.

ChexLeMeneux

May 15, 2010
I can deal with it because our future actually does look good. Buxton is arguably the best overall prospect in baseball and Sano may be one of the best power hitting prospects in a long time. Not to mention several other prospects that are looking pretty good.

I'll believe it when I see it. They have been selling hope for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna