OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XI - We Got A Soccer Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

Bullocks

The last American League team to open the season with consecutive shutout losses was the 1977 expansion Seattle Mariners, according to Baseball-Reference.com.

This is longest scoring drought to open a Twins season in the club's 55-year history. The previous mark was 11 innings, set in 1988 at Yankee Stadium.

In franchise history, the Twins are now one shy of matching the 19-inning, season-opening scoreless drought of the 1940 Washington Senators.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27873652/twins-scoreless-2015-after-11-0-loss-tigers

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Wolves are a bad team, but you gotta admire their PR team.

Part 1

And the follow-up

TL:DR: Kid sent a letter to every NBA team trying to find a new team/get that team to tell him why he should be a fan of their team. Only the Wolves responded, gave him a signed ball, a letter, then flew him out to Minneapolis to see a game courtside, he got a tour of the facilities, the works.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

OefVNaY.gif

The Wolves are a bad team, but you gotta admire their PR team.

Part 1

And the follow-up

TL:DR: Kid sent a letter to every NBA team trying to find a new team/get that team to tell him why he should be a fan of their team. Only the Wolves responded, gave him a signed ball, a letter, then flew him out to Minneapolis to see a game courtside, he got a tour of the facilities, the works.

That's either a brilliant PR move or a desperate grasp for attention and adoration.

Probably a bit of both.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So the Twins are terrible again, huh?

Well, good thing I bought tickets to a game in August /sarcasm

Billy Mays Here*

So glad I stopped following baseball about four years ago and converted myself to a full time hockey fan.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
If we get shutout I'm pretty sure we get the record of most consecutive innings without scoring a run to start a season (26 is the old record I'm pretty sure).

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Barrerio had a good bit yesterday where they were trying to come up with alliterations for the anticipation of scoring the first run of the season. They ended up settling for one for the first guy to reach third base. :laugh:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
So glad I stopped following baseball about four years ago and converted myself to a full time hockey fan.

Same. Last time I paid attention was in 2010. Mainly for the new stadium. The team was pretty good that year. Got swept by the Yankees in predictable fashion though. Last game I went to was 2012 I think. Bautista for the Jays hit 3 home runs. I gave him a nice round of applause, got up and left. Haven't cared since.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Same. Last time I paid attention was in 2010. Mainly for the new stadium. The team was pretty good that year. Got swept by the Yankees in predictable fashion though. Last game I went to was 2012 I think. Bautista for the Jays hit 3 home runs. I gave him a nice round of applause, got up and left. Haven't cared since.

I imagine this was you?

Joker_Clap_Gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad