Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm pretty surprised to be honest. I sort of wanted that to happen, but it's hard to know how much of the issue was DeFilippo vs. Cousins vs. no running game vs. the offensive line. It's obviously a combo, but what's the core issue? I don't know yet.

in my eyes, also hearing zim say it helped. the play calls on short yardage or calling 2 QB sneaks in a row on the goal line. shit like that just does not make any sense. the constant running side to side instead of north south confused me also. i do think the oline did not help flip look good but his calling was quite annoying a lot of the time.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
We also couldn't be further from an Osemele, Birk, Yanda combo on the oline lol

no shit.. as much as it annoys me.. i really hope we use all 11 draft picks next year on oline. just stack it up and get shit done. someone is gonna come out and do work. side note, yes i realize we currently probably dont have 11 but he always tries to get to 11 picks.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
in my eyes, also hearing zim say it helped. the play calls on short yardage or calling 2 QB sneaks in a row on the goal line. **** like that just does not make any sense. the constant running side to side instead of north south confused me also. i do think the oline did not help flip look good but his calling was quite annoying a lot of the time.
Yeah he is taking a lot of heat for those short yardage downs last night. I believe Cousins has generally been pretty good at QB sneaks his whole career though. Not that that excuses anything.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah he is taking a lot of heat for those short yardage downs last night. I believe Cousins has generally been pretty good at QB sneaks his whole career though. Not that that excuses anything.

he has a number of rushing TDs yes and qb sneaks are a nice thing to have but there were so many questionable choices of play calls even before last night. early on in the year when he was throwing for 400 yards and what not, slight exageration, there were questionable choices.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm pretty surprised to be honest. I sort of wanted that to happen, but it's hard to know how much of the issue was DeFilippo vs. Cousins vs. no running game vs. the offensive line. It's obviously a combo, but what's the core issue? I don't know yet.

Oc fired...

Surprising said no one.

This team needs to finally address the o line this offseason.

:laugh: I was surprised because it was year one, not because of performance. Gutsy move. I like it.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
:laugh: I was surprised because it was year one, not because of performance. Gutsy move. I like it.
I think it's not surprising for a team that had such high aspirations to start the season.

Offense was not supposed to be this much of an issue... so damn predictable and uncreative. Flip had to go, props to Zimmer for seeing it and doing it.

Priefer needs to go in the offseason as well. Special teams are consistently a disaster with him in charge.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Vikings didn't at one point of that game show that they deserved to win. Cousins is vastly overpaid. Pretty disappointing for supposedly being a QB away from the Super Bowl. Keenum could have easily performed the same for way less.
And the money we would've saved could've bought a real O lineman or two.

Don't see how the lack of O line talent is on the OC.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The free agent market for olinemen was not very good.
You think they would know that, and plan ahead, rather than go to the fridge, open it, and go,"oh, we're out of O lineman!"

Vikes have consistently put money in the defense and with the skill players, while ignoring the O line. Seattle did the same thing a few years ago, but they have a QB who can run, and evade the rush.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You think they would know that, and plan ahead, rather than go to the fridge, open it, and go,"oh, we're out of O lineman!"

Vikes have consistently put money in the defense and with the skill players, while ignoring the O line. Seattle did the same thing a few years ago, but they have a QB who can run, and evade the rush.

They put money into the 0-line, just not smartly. Boone, Remmers, Reif all in the last 3ish years I think. Then a couple of relatively high picks, Elflein in the 3rd and O'Neill in the 2nd (I think). They haven't ignored it, just haven't been competent at fixing it.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

i think the nick easton injury really f***ed with their planning.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
And Reiff being... not stellar, certainly doesn't help, considering his cap hit. (9Mill)

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
They put money into the 0-line, just not smartly. Boone, Remmers, Reif all in the last 3ish years I think. Then a couple of relatively high picks, Elflein in the 3rd and O'Neill in the 2nd (I think). They haven't ignored it, just haven't been competent at fixing it.
The other 3 options are hope a decent/good player falls to your spot in the draft, trade for a player and might regret giving up what you did to get him or overpay for a guy like Nate Solder.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The announcer trying very hard not to call the contestants stupid dolts.

That's the sort of thing that makes me worry about the future of this country. Also a testament to how being under pressure can affect your actions and decisions.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Philly stuck with Foles again as the starter. Does this make them the SB favorite now? :sarcasm:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
... What?
"He broke his back"
"Can he still play?"
Several QBs have played with similar injuries over the years. It depends on the extent of the fracture itself, and which part of the vertebrae is fractured.

Often times these are not load bearing breaks that have no danger of getting worse and are just uncomfortable.

If that is the case here, it would actually be up to Wentz on if he feels he can play through the pain or not.

That said, I still think he would better off being out, but he wouldn't be the first to knowingly play with such an injury.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'm in the boat of there are a few places if ANYHING is wrong, just error on the side of caution.
Back
Head
Organs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad