Non-CCM/Bauer/Warrior Stick Endorsements by NHLers?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Weird question, I guess you could say I'm a gear geek and pay attention to the equipment players use. Of course Bauer and CCM account for most of the market share of sticks, probably 85% I'd say. Then Warrior Hockey probably accounts for 5-10% (maybe a bit more) and then True/STX/Sherwood/etc. account for the remaining ~1%.

True - Mitch Marner

STX - JT Miller

Sherwood - ??

Anyone know of other players who might use True/STX/Sherwood twigs regularly? And did I miss any other brand of sticks.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
133288-1.jpg

I remembered Bobby Ryan being a Sherwood (endorsed) guy awhile back, but it looks like he's switched over to STX.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Weird question, I guess you could say I'm a gear geek and pay attention to the equipment players use. Of course Bauer and CCM account for most of the market share of sticks, probably 85% I'd say. Then Warrior Hockey probably accounts for 5-10% (maybe a bit more) and then True/STX/Sherwood/etc. account for the remaining ~1%.

True - Mitch Marner

STX - JT Miller

Sherwood - ??

Anyone know of other players who might use True/STX/Sherwood twigs regularly? And did I miss any other brand of sticks.

Alex Edler uses True, as does Ryan Johansson.

I see a lot of guys using STX gloves now, sticks not so much.

Jacob Trouba started using Sherwood stuff in the RTP.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I follow a Pro Stock hockey account, and it was mentioned that these 'lower-tier' companies have to pay a large league fee for every NHLer using it. Sherwood doesn't 'exist' since they don't think the league feeds are worth it IMO.

I think Kakko was using a Sherwood in the bubble camp before the playoffs kicked back on. Trouba is still a big Sherwood guy.

I wish TPS came back as an independent company. Those sticks lasted so well.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You can see the brands for sticks/skates/gloves/etc the NHL players are using over here:

https://www.geargeek.com/nhl-totals

Non Bauer/CCM/Warrior brands being used in NHL:

Sticks: True, STX and Sher-wood.
Gloves: True, STX, Sher-wood and Easton gloves.
Pants: Easton
Skates: True
Helmets: Easton
The True skates are the same ones essentially as VH/MLX. They're probably the best skates when it comes to getting a true custom fit when it comes to skates. Even with the Bauer foot scan, it still puts you in a retail skate essentially based on your foot shape and dimensions.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You can see the brands for sticks/skates/gloves/etc the NHL players are using over here:

I feel like this website isn't always correct. Trouba hasn't been using his Sherwood for a while - been using CCM

I see a lot of guys using STX gloves now, sticks not so much.

Hm. I tried an STX stick once and the shaft felt like a lacrosse stick lol. Couldn't get used to it.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I feel like this website isn't always correct. Trouba hasn't been using his Sherwood for a while - been using CCM

Hm. I tried an STX stick once and the shaft felt like a lacrosse stick lol. Couldn't get used to it.

Troobs was using the Rekker in the Qualifying Round accompanied by Sherwood Mitts. But yeah, I think he's mainly been a Ribcore guy with the Rangers until the switch over.

NBywKMN.jpg

if you go to his Getty image page and sort by new, you can see a timeline of the games he played thi season and what twig he was using.

Jacob Trouba Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

Looks like he was using the Ribcore all of the Regular Season and went back to Sherwood in the first exhibition game since hte restart and continued with it during the Qualifying round games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
There's still plenty of guys using Easton helmets and even sticks, but the Easton logo is removed or a Bauer logo is used to replace it (Bauer bought out Easton hockey years ago). Dallas Stars for example, Benn and Seguin use Easton helmets. I only noticed since I have an old Easton E700 helmet which looks similar (still the lightest helmet as far as I know).

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There's still plenty of guys using Easton helmets and even sticks, but the Easton logo is removed or a Bauer logo is used to replace it (Bauer bought out Easton hockey years ago). Dallas Stars for example, Benn and Seguin use Easton helmets. I only noticed since I have an old Easton E700 helmet which looks similar (still the lightest helmet as far as I know).

Good catch. I was just watching highlights of the DAL/COL game and it looks like Radulov and Klingberg also using Easton buckets. Didn't know anyone was still using Easton stuff.

Reactions: Rookie109
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Good catch. I was just watching highlights of the DAL/COL game and it looks like Radulov and Klingberg also using Easton buckets. Didn't know anyone was still using Easton stuff.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't Bauer then continue to make Easton? I think Seguin used to rock Easton all of the time. He has a Bauer stick but I think it's painted over as that and actually an Easton

I swear I've seen some pro-stock hockey sites say that the Vapor Flylite was similar to the S19..?

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
What I don't understand is, why doesn't Bauer then continue to make Easton? I think Seguin used to rock Easton all of the time. He has a Bauer stick but I think it's painted over as that and actually an Easton

I swear I've seen some pro-stock hockey sites say that the Vapor Flylite was similar to the S19..?

Bauer has been incorporating some of Easton's technologies into their new products.

1) The Vapor flylite stick has the XE taper, which is an evolution of the elliptical taper used on the Easton Stealth sticks.
2) The Bauer Nexus 2N shoulder pads used the MDP foam tech that was used on the Easton Synergy GX shoulder pads
3) The new Bauer Vapor 2X protective line and gloves uses Hyperlite foam which was used on the Easton Stealth CX protective line.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Definitely sad that Easton is basically done. I think the only remnants of Easton in the NHL are a few blank buckets. I know when Bauer first acquired them, Easton sticks remained for a couple years. I remember guys using Easton sticks as late as 2018. I recall guys like Rick Nash, Taylor Hall, and Phil Kessel among others still using Easton sticks as late as the 2018 playoffs. But gloves, helmets and other stuff were blacked out right away.

I guess Bauer ceased production and there was some overflow that guys were still using. As for why they stopped, probably money

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I finally found it. This only happened once Matthews, but he did rock a STX HPR stick for a game or two back in 2019. ModSquad forums usually have gear sightings on their boards, but would've been crazy if he stuck with STX

Attachments

• am2.jpg
    am2.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 12
  • am1.jpg
    am1.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 12

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

I'm shocked Easton Sticks aren't used by nyone. Also, if you google Easton Stick, a player from the Chargers is the first result. I didn't reaslize Bauer bought them and they no longer exisit. So how do players get the pants, unless they are old stock?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm shocked Easton Sticks aren't used by nyone. Also, if you google Easton Stick, a player from the Chargers is the first result. I didn't reaslize Bauer bought them and they no longer exisit. So how do players get the pants, unless they are old stock?

Overstock. Bauer hasn't produced new Easton stuff since the acquisition in '16. Some guys still use Easton buckets with the logo removed (Seguin, Benn), but Easton sticks are extinct. The latest I recall any NHL guys using Easton sticks was in the 2018 playoffs and then after that they were gone. I guess Bauer's Parent Company stopped paying the league fee to advertise the Easton logo on sticks.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

The only player I've actively seen use an Easton stick is Rickard Rakell (big Ducks fan). You can actually pull up some pics on Getty Images. He's a big lover of GX and Synergy line (always goes to one of those when he's in a slump). The guy has used 3 different brands, but always goes back to Easton (Bauer Supreme 2S, CCM Super Tacks, Warrior QRL)

I think the story goes that Easton became bankrupt and Bauer stepped in:
Performance Sports Group Acquires Easton Hockey

Now, Bauer incorporates some Easton tech into their own line, similar to how Sherwood bought TPS and then folded the brand by incorporating their stick tech:

1) The Vapor flylite stick has the XE taper, which is an evolution of the elliptical taper used on the Easton Stealth sticks.
2) The Bauer Nexus 2N shoulder pads used the MDP foam tech that was used on the Easton Synergy GX shoulder pads
3) The new Bauer Vapor 2X protective line and gloves uses Hyperlite foam which was used on the Easton Stealth CX protective line.

The latest I recall any NHL guys using Easton sticks was in the 2018 playoffs and then after that they were gone. I guess Bauer's Parent Company stopped paying the league fee to advertise the Easton logo on sticks.

They need to bring Easton back! :cool:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mike Green had to retire because he ran out of Stealths. Such a disappointing end.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Taylor Hall still has a batch of Easton Stealths he used in Arizona this past year.

Good catch. Just going by a timeline of his games on Getty images, looked like he used Stealth earlier in the season and and then switched to JetSpeed later in the season and all throughout the return to play/playoffs.

Wonder if he just liked the CCM better or if he ran out of Easton or some other reason.

now I gotta scour other known ex-Easton guys to see if there’s anyone else

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad