Value of: Nolan Patrick

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I would hold onto him unless a player is offered that would be a long term difference maker.
I thought he looked good in the time he has played? I have not watched him in the past dozen games though...
When he is "on" he looked like a legit 2c ? Am I wrong or what happened recently to his play? Is it just a lack of confidence , poor line mates or ??

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm not sure if Gio is worth Ghost one for one, not this year so far, let alone adding Patrick and a 2nd.

The Bennett one seems closer but don't see why the Flyers would do it. Maybe because of playoff Bennett.
Ya the Gio one is off the table, Ghost doesn't work with our expiring contracts. Push came to shove, I'd probably bump the Bennett one to a 2nd, just to have a look at him in our top 6 RW. The reality is, we can't protect him anyways and he'd have to look pretty great to change that, especially with the medical concerns.

Reactions: YP44

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
RHD is not a need for the Flyers though.
that's debatable given we only have Myers...then down to Braun as RHD. Yes Ghost is having a good year, but is still a lefty and could be grabbed in the ED.

Not saying I would do that deal though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is there a deal that would have Patrick and Ekholm as a basis?
a team like Nashville could value him more given they know how hard good C are to come by. Who knows how they value him.

In the end, the Flyers don't need to move him and can afford to be patient with him and not sell low. He is due a contact and will once again be signing a cheap deal.

But in a deal for someone like Ekholm, they could move him.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
crazy..every article about the flyers needs points to LHD to replace Niskanen
Niskanen was rhd and Provorov lhd.

Flyers are a d-man short and it is obvious. Due to ED I would prefer to go after a rental Savard over losing Ekholm/Lindblom in ED with the extra assets you have to trade for Ekholm.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
crazy..every article about the flyers needs points to LHD to replace Niskanen

Niskanen played the right side.

Flyers have Provorov and Sanheim locked in the top 4 on the left side with York and Zamula on the way.

On the right we have Gost playing RD as a leftie, Meyers, then Braun as the only two right shots with no one else in the system.

Right side is way more of an issue, but one that doesn't make sense addressing in a major way like trading Patrick prior to the expansion draft as we will definitely not be going 4-4.

Reactions: Tripod

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I think if Philly moves Patrick, it should be as part of a package for a significant upgrade to their lineup...

Patrick, York + a 1st rd pick for Seth Jones kinda deal

Last edited:
Reactions: BrindamoursNose

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I think if Philly moves Patrick, I think it should be as part of a package for a significant upgrade to their lineup...

Patrick, York + a 1st rd pick for Seth Jones kinda deal

I think that's a very good deal for Philly. They should try that.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure if Gio is worth Ghost one for one, not this year so far, let alone adding Patrick and a 2nd.

The Bennett one seems closer but don't see why the Flyers would do it. Maybe because of playoff Bennett.
Most Flames fans wouldn't go for it either. Also, Calgary is migraine country. I know as I've suffered from them for decades. Not so bad now because I'm older and you can grow out of them. So Young Nolan should steer clear of this place.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
he's a Ranger at heart

1-nolan-ryan-louis-deluca.jpg

Reactions: its josh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad