Value of: Nolan Patrick

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Migraines may have derailed his career, but the fact of the matter is Nolan Patrick looks awful in Philly. Maybe he'd benefit from a fresh start. Is there any interest in him as a reclamation project?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Migraines may have derailed his career, but the fact of the matter is Nolan Patrick looks awful in Philly. Maybe he'd benefit from a fresh start. Is there any interest in him as a reclamation project?
He needs to go somewhere warm. I’m a migraine sufferer and he should steer clear of Canada. I would if I could.

Reactions: YP44

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Imagine the Sharks would have significant interest in Patrick. Not only because his name combines two of the greatest all time Sharks, but because I don’t think we have a single center under 25 in the whole organization.

What is Philly’s needs?

Reactions: themelkman

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Right after that nice shootout goal.
Maybe a team that heavily scouted him and lost him when lottery results got in could overpay.

Put him at c or rw on top 9 and give him a full season. Both positions are loaded and lucky for him Frost went down. Kind of stuck in number's game.
Hold on, resign at low cap hit and simply expect value from there.

Andreoff and Aubé-Kubel cant help him much offensively.

Reactions: captainpaxil

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Philly would be smart to recuperate assets from him now.

A team desperate for young centers like San Jose, Anaheim, Detroit, Ottawa would overpay for a reclamation project without realizing there isn't that much to reclaim. He has serious health concerns that could end his career on any given day, but even those aside the on ice product is very underwhelming.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
He needs to go somewhere warm. I’m a migraine sufferer and he should steer clear of Canada. I would if I could.

Interesting. I too am a migraine sufferer in Minnesota, and the worst migraines I have ever had were the 3 years I lived in North Carolina. I think what I have learned is no two are alike but equally as hard to deal with.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Philly would be smart to recuperate assets from him now.

A team desperate for young centers like San Jose, Anaheim, Detroit, Ottawa would overpay for a reclamation project without realizing there isn't that much to reclaim. He has serious health concerns that could end his career on any given day, but even those aside the on ice product is very underwhelming.

I don’t think anyone is overpaying for Patrick at this point... he’s in the 2nd round pick, B prospect range of Philly is looking for futures.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Giordano for Ghost, Patrick +2nd
Or
Bennett(50% retained) + 3rd for Patrick

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don’t think anyone is overpaying for Patrick at this point... he’s in the 2nd round pick, B prospect range of Philly is looking for futures.
I think I'd rather have the 2nd round pick. I know picks always get overrated on this site but a 2nd rounder could be used to get a solid veteran rental or a shot in the dark at a faller from the first round.

Patrick is locked in that unfortunate territory where he doesn't have the speed/grind needed to be a great bottom-6 guy, but he doesn't have the ability to be a big producer in the top 6.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No sense trading him now when his value is low. He needs to get games under his belt while remaining healthy and migraine free. But his season this year:

First 7 games: 2+3=5 even+/-
Last 16 games: no points and -5

He should be placed on the 4th line with Raffl and NAK and not "relied" upon for for offense. Just get him playing good hockey and chip in when it happens. Oh, and off the PP. He is 12th in forwards in points with 5...yet Laughton has 15 points....and Patrick plays on the PP. Take all the pressure off of him, and get the year under the belt, and hopefully a great offseason of training.

Remember, he just started to be able to play pick up games last fall. No need to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Giordano for Ghost, Patrick +2nd
Or
Bennett(50% retained) + 3rd for Patrick

I'm not sure if Gio is worth Ghost one for one, not this year so far, let alone adding Patrick and a 2nd.

The Bennett one seems closer but don't see why the Flyers would do it. Maybe because of playoff Bennett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad