Value of: Nolan Patrick

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Migraines may have derailed his career, but the fact of the matter is Nolan Patrick looks awful in Philly. Maybe he'd benefit from a fresh start. Is there any interest in him as a reclamation project?
Personally I would rather give him every chance possible than trade him, we have a good prospect pool and can take the chance at having him bust out rather than trading him

Reactions: Luckylarry

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Most Flames fans wouldn't go for it either. Also, Calgary is migraine country. I know as I've suffered from them for decades. Not so bad now because I'm older and you can grow out of them. So Young Nolan should steer clear of this place.

Would love to have him here, but, yeah... the temperature and pressure variable in this city is obscene.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Arizona would be interested. Something around Patrick + for OEL (given he waives). OEL has looked solid this year, and I think he'd see a huge resurgence with that group and talent in Philly. But I think our timeline for truly contending doesn't align with where he's at in his career. And the more days that pass, the more I think the writing's on the wall for Oliver that it's time to move on.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Arizona would be interested. Something around Patrick + for OEL (given he waives). OEL has looked solid this year, and I think he'd see a huge resurgence with that group and talent in Philly. But I think our timeline for truly contending doesn't align with where he's at in his career. And the more days that pass, the more I think the writing's on the wall for Oliver that it's time to move on.
Flyers are not going to add a long term LHD(6years after this one) with a cap hit of over 8 million.

LHD: Provy, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg, York, Zamula, Hogberg
RHD: Myers, Braun

Doesn't fit need wise or cap wise.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Stay the course with him unless someone overvalues him significantly. He's shown flashes, I can guarantee coaches want him more engaged in offense and shooting more. Far too many drop passes and no -look between the leggers resulting in turnovers. He's got a tremendous shot, rarely uses it.

I'd trade a lot of guys on this team right now. Nolan I would hold onto, at least until they know what they have.

Reactions: Vikke

TK

Feb 26, 2019
curious how close a 1 for 1 is.

I can't see why Nashville would do that. Only 23 (mostly unspectacular) games played since April 2nd 2019, just too big of a risk to be the only asset coming back. Plus, I really don't like his chances of turning it around under the current management/coaching staff in Nashville.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think Philly would be smart to recuperate assets from him now.

A team desperate for young centers like San Jose, Anaheim, Detroit, Ottawa would overpay for a reclamation project without realizing there isn't that much to reclaim. He has serious health concerns that could end his career on any given day, but even those aside the on ice product is very underwhelming.
Ottawa has White, Norris, Pinto, Brown, Tierney, Paul, Stutzle and Greig, all U26 (hell, mostly u24) and all options at C.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Only giving up Patrick as part of a package for a bigger deal, or a swap for a similar high potential prospect.

Patrick needs more time before he being dubbed in need of a "change of scenery"

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Right after that nice shootout goal.
Maybe a team that heavily scouted him and lost him when lottery results got in could overpay.

Put him at c or rw on top 9 and give him a full season. Both positions are loaded and lucky for him Frost went down. Kind of stuck in number's game.
Hold on, resign at low cap hit and simply expect value from there.

Andreoff and Aubé-Kubel cant help him much offensively.

He looks terrible. But that shot was so nice. I think you have to give him the year and see what comes out of it. Lindblom has just recently started to look like his old self and that’s 20% of what he was or so. Give it more time.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t see the rush to move him. Trade value is low and the Flyers aren’t exactly killing it right now.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If he has health concerns and is performing poorly, high selection and youth will grant you only so much goodwill. I would write off a first rounder — maybe even a second rounder. Better off waiting a few years for the league to garner confidence in his health and, hopefully, him to start producing — but at that point you need to wonder what the point of trading him would be.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Patrick for Josh Anderson would have been a solid trade for both teams in the offseason. Columbus could put more work into him than any other team

Reactions: missionAvs

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If he has had migraine issues, he should be going to a warm weather climate.

Reduce the potential changes in temperature pressure.

As someone in Vancouver, I know many people who suffer from migraines due to the weather.

If he ever does get dealt, should be somewhere like California or Florida.

Reactions: Tripod

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If he has had migraine issues, he should be going to a warm weather climate.

Reduce the potential changes in temperature pressure.

As someone in Vancouver, I know many people who suffer from migraines due to the weather.

If he ever does get dealt, should be somewhere like California or Florida.

the humidity in Florida is a problem. So Cal or the desert probably makes the most sense although the desert has significant temperature fluctuation even if the humidity is stable. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad