Value of: Nolan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Fans really like throwing the term bust around . Patrick has taken a step forward this year . I find it especial funny when TML throw around bust out of one side of their mouths yet going on about their can't miss prospects when they are 22 and never even sniffed the NHL . Now we get to here how Kadri is a 1C . Just laughable . Just one question to the fan who posted that . How are you signing all your UFA with out moving some cap . 75.5 million committed to next year . Cap is not going to 83 million more likely 82 million but for argument sakes let leave it at 83 . thats 7.5 million to sign Marner , replace Gardiner , sign Kapanen and Johnsson . Even if both Kapanen and Johnsson took bridge deals at 2 million each leaving 3.5 million left to replace Gardiner and sign Marner .

Dumbas is in a pickle but TML leaf fans can be found in the video I posted below . A must watch .

How are you keeping McDavid? You know he's gone right? Not sure I've seen him smile in years. We're fine, worry about your putrid diaper

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Playoffs are hard. You'll see when you get there!!
It's definitely not easy but it shouldn't take over 15 years to win one.

I'd love to trade for Patrick in Ottawa. He'd fit in perfectly with our group and we could take our time in developing him a bit more.

But we've traded most of what we could have used for him. I'd definitely offer up a combo of White/Brown/Tierney/Pageau/Ceci. Which could get beat by most teams lol.

I'd keep him if I were them.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
It's definitely not easy but it shouldn't take over 15 years to win one.

I'd love to trade for Patrick in Ottawa. He'd fit in perfectly with our group and we could take our time in developing him a bit more.

But we've traded most of what we could have used for him. I'd definitely offer up a combo of White/Brown/Tierney/Pageau/Ceci. Which could get beat by most teams lol.

I'd keep him if I were them.

This whole post made me barf in my mouth. You have NEVER beaten us in the playoffs. So don't know why you quoted me all snide.

Your offer is gross. Start with chabot

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
This whole post made me barf in my mouth. You have NEVER beaten us in the playoffs. So don't know why you quoted me all snide.

Your offer is gross. Start with chabot

First of all, you mentioned winning a series being difficult. I've watched my team win 7 series since the last time your team has won one. Idk seems relevant to me. Never mentioned any specific matchups.

Secondly, I literally stated that I'd love to have him but we didn't have much to offer anymore, and that most teams would beat it easily. Chabot is untouchable, even for Patrick.

Last edited:

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
First of all, you mentioned winning a series being difficult. I've watched my team win 7 series since the last time your team has won one. Idk seems relevant to me. Never mentioned any specific matchups.

Secondly, I literally stated that I'd love to have him but we didn't have much to offer anymore, and that most teams would beat it easily. Chabot is untouchable, even for Patrick.

None of those series count until you beat us. Still zero cups. So..yeah...drift

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Are the Flyers rebuilding? What’s with the fire sale threads?

Actually the fear is the opposite. There's concern Fletcher (and by extension Holmgren) are going to start dishing out assets for, you guessed it, past-it veterans. Because, uh, veteran presence and such.

I'm legitimately concerned we move Patrick (which we definitively should not), sign Hayes to a LT deal (which we should not), sign someone like Zucc LT (should not), and probably extend MacDonald (lol)

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

It's a serious sigh of relief for Ottawa that they landed the 4th OA instead of 1st or 2nd. Can you imagine having to forfeit Kaapo or Hughes? Jesus. Ott still has a ways to go though and definitely 2-4 more bottom 10 finishes. Chabot, Tkachuk, and Ceci are a good start though.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
As any Philly fan can tell you the "city of brotherly love" is not the easiest place to play. Fans and media are quite demanding and as a consequence many young players find it difficult to step right in and excel. Among them Couturier, JVR (the first go round) Brayden Schenn, and quite a few others. There simply is no way to escape the scrutiny that comes with playing there.

that said there is no doubt in my mind that Nolan Patrick will find his way and be an excellent player. It's just a matter of getting used to the weight of expectations of that city. Remember this young man is barely out of high school. Even New York isn't as demanding of its prospects as Philly is.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
We aren't moving Patrick, he will thrive as 3C this year , there is no reason to move on from him h is cost effective and will win most match-ups with the 3rd line. there is
nothing wrong with being this strong down the middle.
That being said, Gudas and 11OA for Kapanen.... it will happen.

GaryinPrague

Dec 12, 2011
This is my take, the flyers have been talking about Trouba, Patrick trade with maybe some other pieces ,the flyers GM is letting all other GM’s know that Patrick is available to get one last concession from the Winnipeg GM.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is my take, the flyers have been talking about Trouba, Patrick trade with maybe some other pieces ,the flyers GM is letting all other GM’s know that Patrick is available to get one last concession from the Winnipeg GM.
Hot take...considering yesterday Bobby Mac had Patrick on the list of guys they for sure were not moving.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hot take...considering yesterday Bobby Mac had Patrick on the list of guys they for sure were not moving.

Agreed......Flyers GM is saying the opposite.....Patrick is not being shopped. Not to say GM’s never change their minds but at least it’s unlikely

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Actually the fear is the opposite. There's concern Fletcher (and by extension Holmgren) are going to start dishing out assets for, you guessed it, past-it veterans. Because, uh, veteran presence and such.

I'm legitimately concerned we move Patrick (which we definitively should not), sign Hayes to a LT deal (which we should not), sign someone like Zucc LT (should not), and probably extend MacDonald (lol)

Omg, you just made me want to shoot myself in the head. I'm going to change to being a Pens or Caps fan if we do all these things.

Barf

crazyflyerfan

Jun 4, 2019
I smell Homer a mile away. Him and his trades dug a hole for him and axed as GM. He will trade away young talent and picks for mediocrity as he did before Hexy. He stated Fletcher like him and excited. I can hear Homer telling I mean giving advice. All that youth Hey built up and took years to fix Homers shit gone

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Agreed......Flyers GM is saying the opposite.....Patrick is not being shopped. Not to say GM’s never change their minds but at least it’s unlikely
For sure if an offer was made that was a no brainer, he could be traded. But Fletch has stated for awgile that he wants to ADD a C. Not replace, but add. And now with the possibility of signing Hayes, everyone is assuming it's because he wants to trade Patrick...lol.

As I said before, it will be a crazy 4 weeks and then it will all die down. But for now, The Flyers have not even signed Hayes or any of their RFA's. That's what needs to get done.
I smell Homer a mile away. Him and his trades dug a hole for him and axed as GM. He will trade away young talent and picks for mediocrity as he did before Hexy. He stated Fletcher like him and excited. I can hear Homer telling I mean giving advice. All that youth Hey built up and took years to fix Homers **** gone

Just relax.

Fletch came in and didn't make any panic trades despite Homer and Scott wanting change. He fired Hakstol, traded Simmonds, traded Weise and Folin, recalled Hart. And now has tried to add a C that he wants.

Until Fletcher does anything awful, you are just over reacting. And if he does, I will be right there with you screaming.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There might not be a singularly worse player to try to move right now in terms of his relative value than Nolan Patrick.

I really struggle to find a scenario out there that makes sense for Philadelphia to move him

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
There might not be a singularly worse player to try to move right now in terms of his relative value than Nolan Patrick.

I really struggle to find a scenario out there that makes sense for Philadelphia to move him

The only thing that would make sense is Patrick++ for someone who is a legitimate star right now, and that seems extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad