Value of: Nolan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Man this is a thread about the value of Nolan Patrick. We are on hfboards where everyone overvalues their own players. Why would I take that as a joke versus what you think is a fair offer for Nolan Patrick.

Not at all salty, but I'm also not the one who has now made 2 idiotic jokes in 1 thread.
Hmmm no one else seamed to think my offer was serious. Everyone else got that it was an idiotic joke. Not you though. SHould tell you something about yourself.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Are you a hockey fan or just a stat watcher? It’s obvious who has and hasn’t watched Patrick play. He’s obviously struggled a bit in his first two years but if you watched him play you would see the flashes of brilliance. In Patrick’s first season when they met the Pens in the playoffs, he was their best player. Give him time to adapt to the league before writing him off. I’m sure if he was a prospect of your team you would have a different opinion than the jealous one you hold now.

Huge fail here.

I have made two comments in this thread, go back and read them, slower this time if you are failing reading comprehension.

You know nothing of what you're talking about by projecting my opinion with no evidence that I have ever made that argument. Then you go further to project feelings onto a non-existent argument of mine.

I never said a thing about him being a bust. If you do your research, quite the opposite.

Moreover, the post you quote merely states that MacKinnon did not struggle when he came into the league the way Patrick has done. That is clear.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Flyers need Centers, not wingers. This trade only works if we somehow sign Duchene and Frost is able to immediately step in as a 3C, and im less than comfortable assuming at least one of those is true.

Wait so you wouldn't do that? My goodness.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think a gaudreau deal would need to start with couturier.

I don't think they will give up Coots though. The reason I think it is a good deal is because they are both cost controlled and you hope Patrick breaks out. Konecny is like a young Frolik.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kopitar for Patrick + 1st
TheFlyers have their version of Kopitar. Except ours costs 4.33 million a season.
That's honestly not too far off. Would consider it for Gaudreau.
Flyers have a #1 LW in Giroux.
I think a gaudreau deal would need to start with couturier.
Great idea. Then the Flyers can have Hayes as their #1 C!

:confused:

It's real simple. Fletcher is trying to add Hayes to ADD to the Flyers C depth. It's the only spot they did not have 2nd line production from. They are not looking to "replace" Patrick.....or Couturier.

Now it's on Patrick to prove he can be a consistent scoring C with good defense. He has paced for 50+ points over 2-3 months before. He needs to do it for a whole season. At least if he doesn't, the Flyers possibly have a backup option in Hayes.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He honestly reminds me of Andre Burakovsky. Both big kids with rare offensive gifts that don't use the body as well as they could and are dripping with talent. Both have the ability to dominate or disappear entirely depending on the night. Patrick is younger and plays center and likely has a higher upside at this point; if I was Philly I'd definitely hold onto him barring serious overpayment. If the light ever comes on for him then look out.

Reactions: sigma six
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad