Post-Game Talk: Nolan Patrick, We're Coming

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Reminder that Tank Discussion goes in the Tank thread.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nyquist absolutely deserves a suspension for that nonsense. And Coreau can't stop a beachball.

Mostly business as usual.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Nyquist should be getting 10+ games for that high stick. Having played hockey, watching that play made me wince. There is no place in hockey for that kind of play.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
If Blashill isn't being told to lose, he must be out of his damned mind keeping Coreau in that game for 6 goals. The kid looked awful. Totally lost us the game.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If Blashill isn't being told to lose, he must be out of his damned mind keeping Coreau in that game for 6 goals. The kid looked awful. Totally lost us the game.

I have my suspicions that Blash knows he is done here sooner or later had doesn't care anymore.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Nyquist should be getting 10+ games for that high stick. Having played hockey, watching that play made me wince. There is no place in hockey for that kind of play.

He'll probably get 5 since it'll be his first suspension.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Would Julien be a poor choice as a replacement coach?

Oh god no. At least these games feature goal scoring. We'd be boring AF and still lose a bunch of games. If/when they fire Blashill I'd give Todd Nelson a shot. We suck and need high draft picks, give Nelson a shot and see if there's actually a coherent philosophy to his coaching.

Baby steps.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would prefer Liljegren but Patrick would be nice too. Enjoying these recent games where we the kids are scoring but we're losing in regulation.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
After seeing the replay again, Nyquist was staring right at Spurgeon's face but we'll never know if he was intentionally going there or not. Appears he was looking at Spurgeon dead in the eyes though.

I've seen worse cross checks by men half their size so I'm not sure why Nyquist was so peeved anyways.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Oh god no. At least these games feature goal scoring. We'd be boring AF and still lose a bunch of games. If/when they fire Blashill I'd give Todd Nelson a shot. We suck and need high draft picks, give Nelson a shot and see if there's actually a coherent philosophy to his coaching.

Baby steps.

Todd Nelson's only NHL head coaching gig he went 17-22-7 with the Edmonton Oilers. That same season Dallas Eakins went 7-19-5 and Craig MacTavish went 0-3-2. Their best defenseman was Jeff Petry who was traded near the deadline, and when he came in Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins flourished.

Since, dare I say he went into an elite AHL franchise for winning/development and has went 75-44-5. He's coached Anthony Mantha to great success as well.

Claude Julien has had his vets. He's done well with an average to below average D core in Boston. Ken Hitchcock may decide to coach another season or so, but I think you have to go with Nelson.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Todd Nelson's only NHL head coaching gig he went 17-22-7 with the Edmonton Oilers. That same season Dallas Eakins went 7-19-5 and Craig MacTavish went 0-3-2. Their best defenseman was Jeff Petry who was traded near the deadline, and when he came in Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins flourished.

Since, dare I say he went into an elite AHL franchise for winning/development and has went 75-44-5. He's coached Anthony Mantha to great success as well.

Claude Julien has had his vets. He's done well with an average to below average D core in Boston. Ken Hitchcock may decide to coach another season or so, but I think you have to go with Nelson.

Julien whined non stop about not having enough talent. Good luck with that in Detroit! :lol:

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I'd love Julien.

I don't know if it is because of Blashill's reputation as a player's coach, but even ignoring the team's win-loss record under his tenior and judging strictly by his player management, Blashill's term here so far has the definite feel of an experiment gone wrong. I feel as if the Wings, especially the younger players on the team, have need of a firm hand and a seasoned veteran coaching them. I especially like the idea of common sense coaching, where players are rewarded for their performance, as opposed to players being benched over worse players because more is expected of them than those other players.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
After seeing the replay again, Nyquist was staring right at Spurgeon's face but we'll never know if he was intentionally going there or not. Appears he was looking at Spurgeon dead in the eyes though.

I've seen worse cross checks by men half their size so I'm not sure why Nyquist was so peeved anyways.

Because it has came out hes not a very good nhl player, hes to small and gets pushed around a lot. It's in his head and he is loosing his cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad