Prospect Info: Nolan Patrick vs. Nico Hischier III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
to Zharkenby:

You must have me confused with someone else because numerous times I have stated that while I prefer Patrick, I will be happy with either. Don't lump me in with the "complain just to complain" crowd

However, just to humor you, going back to your original post....Do you honestly expect the coach/GM/etc of either player to criticize them at all?

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Im sorry but are you serious

Their Juniors gms, ya know, the guys that watched them play all season, opinions don't matter to you. Thats pathetic, are you from Winnipeg or something? Youre in such denial that Hischier might be the better player of the two its humorous. The way some of you guys on this board will complain when we take nico is going to keep me entertained for months

Calling other people biased? Still waiting on where the consensus states that Patrick's potential is a #2 C.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
to Zharkenby:

You must have me confused with someone else because numerous times I have stated that while I prefer Patrick, I will be happy with either. Don't lump me in with the "complain just to complain" crowd

However, just to humor you, going back to your original post....Do you honestly expect the coach/GM/etc of either player to criticize them at all?

I think you missed my point. Brandons GM sounds less sure of Patrick, meanwhile Nico has gotten nothing but praise. His GM called him star for a long time, and put emphasis on how involved he was in trying to improve his game. Im just saying one clearly likes their player alot more than the other.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Calling other people biased? Still waiting on where the consensus states that Patrick's potential is a #2 C.

Im not even gonna argue this anymore look around, youll find it. luckily when the flyers take him at 2 all of you will be saying that hes a 2c and Nico can be elite. Im happy either way, just would much rather have hischier in this situation.

The #teampatrick on your profile makes it not worth my time lol

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think you missed my point. Brandons GM sounds less sure of Patrick, meanwhile Nico has gotten nothing but praise. His GM called him star for a long time, and put emphasis on how involved he was in trying to improve his game. Im just saying one clearly likes their player alot more than the other.

Or one is just more willing to pump his player up.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Im not even gonna argue this anymore look around, youll find it. luckily when the flyers take him at 2 all of you will be saying that hes a 2c and Nico can be elite. Im happy either way, just would much rather have hischier in this situation.

The #teampatrick on your profile makes it not worth my time lol

So, lets recap...

- Says the consensus is that Patrick's potential is #2C
- Gets asked for evidence of that
- Dodges the request and asks for evidence that people still think it's higher
- Gets provided with multiple links showing that (and ignores it)
- Again gets asked for evidence where consensus is #2C potential
- "Not worth my time"

:laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
So, lets recap...

- "Not worth my time"

The dude is just so blatantly Nico only and refuses to think otherwise. He constantly says negatives about Patrick and has said ridiculous stuff like "If Nico wasnt Swiss he would easily be the #1 pick in this draft". He for some reason keeps calling Patrick a #2 C even though literally all evidence is against him.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
So, lets recap...

- "Not worth my time"

Ok bud, let me ask what you think a 1c is. Because a 30-30 player (again, that is what people assume Patrick will be) is a #2C. Travis Zajac had a 60 point year, he isnt a 1C. Where have you ever seen someone project him to be more than a 60 point scorer? Also go read Pronmans article on who we should take, there is a prime example of someone who knows way more than us that thinks 2C is his ceiling. I'd bet at this point Button believes the same. good recap though, glad you took the time, makes me feel important. Will you still root for the Devils if we take hischier?

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
The dude is just so blatantly Nico only and refuses to think otherwise. He constantly says negatives about Patrick and has said ridiculous stuff like "If Nico wasnt Swiss he would easily be the #1 pick in this draft". He for some reason keeps calling Patrick a #2 C even though literally all evidence is against him.

have you watched the comprehensive scouting package on Patrick? six games, every shift. Didn't dominate the offensive zone on a single one. great in his own end, but so is zajac. It terms of team need, Its clearly nico, and in terms of who is better overall, itll be damn close. Again it wont matter in a month cause Nico will be a devil and youll all eat your words rather quickly.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Ok bud, let me ask what you think a 1c is. Because a 30-30 player (again, that is what people assume Patrick will be) is a #2C. Travis Zajac had a 60 point year, he isnt a 1C. Where have you ever seen someone project him to be more than a 60 point scorer? Also go read Pronmans article on who we should take, there is a prime example of someone who knows way more than us that thinks 2C is his ceiling. I'd bet at this point Button believes the same. good recap though, glad you took the time, makes me feel important. Will you still root for the Devils if we take hischier?

This is wrong.

Do you know how many Centers (according to NHL.com) put up 60 points last year? 18. And a couple of those guys don't even play center full time.

People seem to think this is a bunch of years ago where 80+ points was normal for all the top point getters. the League is different now.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
have you watched the comprehensive scouting package on Patrick? six games, every shift. Didn't dominate the offensive zone on a single one. great in his own end, but so is zajac. It terms of team need, Its clearly nico, and in terms of who is better overall, itll be damn close. Again it wont matter in a month cause Nico will be a devil and youll all eat your words rather quickly.

See the difference is, 95% of people here are arguing who they prefer. We dont really care which one we select. Both are going to be very good players for the franchise.

You on the otherhand will suffer cardiac arrest if we select Patrick instead of your golden child Nico Hischier.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Hischier is a decent player but good lord is he getting overrated.

I'm also not sure how many people have actually seen Patrick play outside of a few YouTube highlight reels, but the notion he will be nothing more than a #2 center is absolutely laughable.

Patrick is a seriously talented player and as I've reiterated constantly since we won the draft lottery, I am certain he is going to be our pick come June 23rd. It really isn't all that close either.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
See the difference is, 95% of people here are arguing who they prefer. We dont really care which one we select. Both are going to be very good players for the franchise.

You on the otherhand will suffer cardiac arrest if we select Patrick instead of your golden child Nico Hischier.

Nah, learn to read. Said multiple times I'm fine with patrick especially if hes healthy (and ive defended him on the main board, so get your **** straight). Do I think hes the best fit, nope. do I think hell be a good player and better than any of the garbage that we currently have? absolutely. Its a win win, I just think its extremely unlikely we actually select Patrick. Any knowledgable person would understand why that is, but you obviously do not.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Hischier is a decent player but good lord is he getting overrated.

I'm also not sure how many people have actually seen Patrick play outside of a few YouTube highlight reels, but the notion he will be nothing more than a #2 center is absolutely laughable.

Patrick is a seriously talented player and as I've reiterated constantly since we won the draft lottery, I am certain he is going to be our pick come June 23rd. It really isn't all that close either.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think you know more than craig button?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I think I've decided I want Nico Hischier. He just has so much potential and could be a legit top 10 player in the league. Patrick probably won't ever reach that point. Hischier has the higher ceiling and Devils need that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or one is just more willing to pump his player up.

Or the quotes were out of text/incomplete.

John Madden's college coach once told him he was never going to be a pro, so even a less than ringing endorsement isn't indicative of anything.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

4 centers broke the 80 point barrier this year. In the two seasons Zajac broke 60 points - 10 and 7 centers put up 80+. Lower the barrier to 70 and its 8 this season and 17 and 15 those years.

The offensive ceiling of players has been slowly choked over the last ~10 seasons. Back then 60 points was debate-able as a low end #1C. Now 30 goals and/or 60 points is definite #1C territory. Only 18 centers broke 60 points and 30 players (at all positions) hit 29+ goals this year. Things change. If we're still judging offensive goal posts on the 08-09 season, should we also judge players salaries based on the 08-09 salary cap?

I think the potential for Nolan and Nico is likely to end up around 60 point players. Give or take 10 points. I think it's unlikely either ends up an 80 point player. I just think that Nolan's abilities make it more likely that he'll hit his potential. And if we take Hischier, I'll hope I'm wrong.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
our ultimate decision, ideally, is that we're happy with whoever we land. 3 full threads of the exact same thing is so exhausting, that i would rather we were picking 3rd

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If Patrick can dispel this injury prone nonsense, then we should take him without hesitation. I think that's the only thing holding him back. A flashier player with a potential higher ceiling in Nico to me equates to a giant question mark. I think you know what you're going to get with Patrick and that's a bonafide number one center for a decade plus.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If Patrick can dispel this injury prone nonsense, then we should take him without hesitation. I think that's the only thing holding him back. A flashier player with a potential higher ceiling in Nico to me equates to a giant question mark. I think you know what you're going to get with Patrick and that's a bonafide number one center for a decade plus.

Agreed 100%

IMO there is no doubt who we pick if Patrick's health isnt a question mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad