Value of: Nolan Patrick to the Leafs

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Won't the Leafs have Dermott or Holl available? Why would Seattle take Kerfoot and his $3.5 salary over one of those d-men?

Basically what he said.

Also almost every team is gonna have equal, or better defenceman available to be taken. Holl/Dermott wont stand out. Kerfoot is a young-ish versatile forward who can play center. I dont think Seattle would mind that.

Also the few people on here acting like Kerfoot has no-negative value because of his whopping $3.5 million deal just look silly. Its not a bad deal and i would happily keep him if they opted for Dermott.

Because Kerfoot is younger than Holl, although he's older than Dermott.

But Kerfoot can play both center and wings, he can PK, he has enough skill to play in your top 6 in a pinch, although not ideal he can do it.

Kerfoot brings so much more than Holl and Dermott

Literally the only advantage they have is they are cheaper.

But Kerfoot is better

Reactions: bukwas

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Flyers require Amirov, or Robertson,
no reason to settle for less
if Leafs want this recent top 2

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Wrong type of player for Leafs. They need a shutdown C like a Staal or Deshardains to play 3C.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No way that would ever be the cost. Huge pass
I didn't say Leafs would pay it, just that Flyers need not sell low. It only takes one acquiring team to meet their price.
Folks here love to rush to judgement on young players.
And to circle like sharks if a high upside young player is rumored to 'need a change'

But the same optimism, of an acquiring team, that Patrick will recover and resume the high-upside career arc, should guide Flyers if they field offers.

Why shouldn't a top 2 in '17 bring back a recent 15OA or 53OA?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I didn't say Leafs would pay it, just that Flyers need not sell low. It only takes one acquiring team to meet their price.
Folks here love to rush to judgement on young players.
And to circle like sharks if a high upside young player is rumored to 'need a change'

But the same optimism, of an acquiring team, that Patrick will recover and resume the high-upside career arc, should guide Flyers if they field offers.

Why shouldn't a top 2 in '17 bring back a recent 15OA or 53OA?
Draft position means absolutely nothing. I dont want Patrick, especially not at that price.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Flyers require Amirov, or Robertson,
no reason to settle for less
if Leafs want this recent top 2
Laughable. JVR and Luke Schenn are former 2nd and 5th OA picks. Means nothing. NPs value is a 2nd round pick.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Laughable. JVR and Luke Schenn are former 2nd and 5th OA picks. Means nothing. NPs value is a 2nd round pick.

To acquire those guys at age 22 would have been high price

I have no interest here, except pushing back against the idea a team will get a top 10 talent at a top 60 price

But You guys may be right,
NYR moved Lias, a top 10 in '17, for a 2nd,
they were looking to move on and had Cuylle well ranked

Reactions: BritainStix

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I think this is a bit different in that we knew JP could play he was just holding out, with Patrick he's already missed 1 entire season with injury
Clearly you weren’t playing attention to the jp situation because everyone was saying he was a complete bust after his 3 partial years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad