Value of: Nolan Patrick to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nolan Patrick is interesting to me because he probably is going to be in Philadelphia next yea and he's only 22.

If Nolan Patrick can get his development on track maybe he turns into a #2 center and then Tavares can be moved to the wing.

But even if he only develops into a #3 you got

Matthews
Tavares
Patrick
Spezza

That's pretty good, Patrick is an interesting option for me but what would it take?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nolan Patrick is interesting to me because he probably is going to be in Philadelphia next yea and he's only 22.

If Nolan Patrick can get his development on track maybe he turns into a #2 center and then Tavares can be moved to the wing.

But even if he only develops into a #3 you got

Matthews
Tavares
Patrick
Spezza

That's pretty good, Patrick is an interesting option for me but what would it take?
Guess who also needs a C? The Flyers.

Couts
Hayes
Patrick or Frost

Both NP and Frost have something to prove. Frost with his shoulder injury. NP had a shit year but also was not able to train for almost 2 years. This offseason is his most important of his career. The Flyers have no incentive to move him unless he was part of a bigger deal for a C...like the scratch off ticket part of the deal for Eichel.

Just no incentive for the Flyers to move him for picks/players with less upside, or more expensive. He will make less than 1 million so just let him and Frost come to camp and battle it out.....and hope BOTH look good/great.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Guess who also needs a C? The Flyers.

Couts
Hayes
Patrick or Frost

Both NP and Frost have something to prove. Frost with his shoulder injury. NP had a shit year but also was not able to train for almost 2 years. This offseason is his most important of his career. The Flyers have no incentive to move him unless he was part of a bigger deal for a C...like the scratch off ticket part of the deal for Eichel.

Just no incentive for the Flyers to move him for picks/players with less upside, or more expensive. He will make less than 1 million so just let him and Frost come to camp and battle it out.....and hope BOTH look good/great.

Aren't there reports Nolan Patrick wants out of Philadelphia?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Aren't there reports Nolan Patrick wants out of Philadelphia?
It was 1 reporters comments on what he BELIEVED and never confirmed:

Crossing Broad's Anthony SanFilippo said on his Snow the Goalie podcast with Russ Joy that he believes Patrick made the move(fired agent) because he simply "does not want to be here anymore."

“The reason Nolan Patrick switched agents is because he is going to request a trade,” SanFilippo said. “Nolan Patrick does not want to be here anymore; he doesn’t like the criticism that he’s facing, he doesn’t like the spotlight that’s on him, he doesn’t like the coach, at all. I don’t think Nolan Patrick wants to be here.”

To add, that was 1 month ago. AS said NP was going to request a trade. We have not heard any word of it, if he did. Yet we heard of Tarasenko requesting it within a week of rumblings.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Nolan is one of those guys that probably isn't worth targeting because you can't get him for what he's worth currently (which isn't much) since he's a redemption project. We've invested too much in his draft slot to just let him go for an all-time low value.

His contract will be like, $1 million, so money won't be an issue keeping him on the roster either.

I think he's with us, or taken by Seattle for the next year. Can't see a deal being done any other way outside of a big, multi-player deal (think Seth Jones or Jack Eichel).

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I would take a Flyer on NP, pun intended but I have no desire to over pay for him given his lack of development and lengthy injury history.

Kerfoot with a small add. Yes that is gonna get universally panned but NP and the Flyers have no reason to demand the world. I suspect they take a bath on a number 2OA or they keep him and see if he can turn it around. That would be my guess.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would take a Flyer on NP, pun intended but I have no desire to over pay for him given his lack of development and lengthy injury history.

Kerfoot with a small add. Yes that is gonna get universally panned but NP and the Flyers have no reason to demand the world. I suspect they take a bath on a number 2OA or they keep him and see if he can turn it around. That would be my guess.

I don't think it would be Kerfoot, mostly because I think Kerfoot ends up in Seattle

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

It's that one. The one in the bold, there.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I feel for Flyers fans. This is very similar to the Jesse Puljujarvi saga that played out a year ago. High draft pick with lots of potential. Struggles and wants out. Cue the hounds posting trade proposals offering nothing, hoping for a steal/betting on a rebound. Just like with JP, the Flyers prudent course of action is to let things die down, repair the relationship and see what you’ve got before giving Patrick away for scraps. Worked for Holland and JP. Might work for Flyers.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I feel for Flyers fans. This is very similar to the Jesse Puljujarvi saga that played out a year ago. High draft pick with lots of potential. Struggles and wants out. Cue the hounds posting trade proposals offering nothing, hoping for a steal/betting on a rebound. Just like with JP, the Flyers prudent course of action is to let things die down, repair the relationship and see what you’ve got before giving Patrick away for scraps. Worked for Holland and JP. Might work for Flyers.

I think this is a bit different in that we knew JP could play he was just holding out, with Patrick he's already missed 1 entire season with injury

Reactions: BernieParent

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I think this is a bit different in that we knew JP could play he was just holding out, with Patrick he's already missed 1 entire season with injury
There were lots of outsiders loudly and repeatedly calling JP a complete bust and there was some uncertainty about what he would turn into. There were also health questions from some about his double hip surgery at such a young age. There’s no such thing as an exact parallel, but I feel it’s pretty close.

Reactions: BernieParent

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i read that he's somewhat of a perimeter player . if it is true i hope the leafs do get him .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Won't the Leafs have Dermott or Holl available? Why would Seattle take Kerfoot and his $3.5 salary over one of those d-men?

Because Kerfoot is younger than Holl, although he's older than Dermott.

But Kerfoot can play both center and wings, he can PK, he has enough skill to play in your top 6 in a pinch, although not ideal he can do it.

Kerfoot brings so much more than Holl and Dermott

Literally the only advantage they have is they are cheaper.

But Kerfoot is better

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Not a good idea to target a reclamation project when we are looking to compete. Makes more sense for a rebuilding team to do something like that. Or the Flyers just keep him.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Won't the Leafs have Dermott or Holl available? Why would Seattle take Kerfoot and his $3.5 salary over one of those d-men?
I thought I heard that there weren’t many available centres in free agency so they would look to the draft for centre men. I haven’t actually checked though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad