Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
EDB159DE-21D9-4770-AA7D-CDF53BC3F62D.gif

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I really thought they were going to sign or trade for a 2-3 year a stop gap center this summer to allow Patrick to develop into a legit #2 and let Frost to play in the AHL or ease him in on the wing until he was ready for 3C duties. I'm assuming the team knew about this for a while so now the 7 year deal to Hayes make a lot more sense.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Eh backstrom had migraine disorder his whole career. Time to suck it up.

I can tell by this post, with its thorough understanding of the case by case treatment process for different individuals with possibly differing symptoms or degrees, that you are the foremost medical professional on this website, surpassing even myself. Can you please tell us more?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Interesting a bunch of you are talking about coffee. If I don’t have at least a cup by early afternoon, I get very fatigued and develop a headache. It’s brutal. And I don’t think it comes close to the pain of an actual migraine.

Hope he gets better and can get effective treatment. Very tough to function period, never mind as a pro athlete, with that kind of condition.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I don't recall ever experiencing a headache and stuff like this just makes me appreciate it that much more.
Whaaat? You've never had a headache? Take it from someone that used to get migraines every few months in my early 20s (probably from all the hits to the head through college), they're MUCH worse than any headache. They can be seriously debilitating. I hope he finds a way to get past this and move on with his career.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can tell by this post, with its thorough understanding of the case by case treatment process for different individuals with possibly differing symptoms or degrees, that you are the foremost medical professional on this website, surpassing even myself. Can you please tell us more?

No but he did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I have had 1 migraine in my life. I woke up blind. No joke. NO one believed me. It took 3 hours for my vision to come back. I was freaking the f*** out.

I had a family member who got them on the reg until they figured out what caused them. The root cause was the oil on the peel of oranges. THey could eat oranges, drink orange juice, but could not touch the peel or an orange without getting a devastating migraine. Migraines are very weird and can be debilitating.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I’ll say this. It’s a damn good thing they got Hayes.

I dont have faith this kid can stay healthy. Hopefully I am wrong.

Makes you wonder how long they've known about this.

This really sucks for the kid, it could derail his whole career. Migraines are the worst.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Makes you wonder how long they've known about this.

This really sucks for the kid, it could derail his whole career. Migraines are the worst.
It sucks for the Flyers.

There is no apparent heir for Giroux imo unless Frost becomes that kind of star. You don’t win with mediocre.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Interesting a bunch of you are talking about coffee. If I don’t have at least a cup by early afternoon, I get very fatigued and develop a headache. It’s brutal. And I don’t think it comes close to the pain of an actual migraine.

Hope he gets better and can get effective treatment. Very tough to function period, never mind as a pro athlete, with that kind of condition.

I won't bore you with all the details, but caffeine withdrawal can prompt headaches because of the effect it has on the vessels. Conversely, caffeine can actually help with migraines as it artificially restricts the blood flow to the brains (the exact opposite effect of the former).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad