Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Honestly, why not put him on LTIR then at this point, free up some space to bring up Frost?

They don't have a roster spot for Frost unless the demote Farabee, Myers, Rubtsov or Twarynski, or waive someone. They are at 23.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Perhaps its the long lasting fallout from the mangled Lindros situation but unlike in the past, it seems like the organization is going to every end possible to treat Patrick the correct way. Its sad to watch the career of any player, especially a young and extremely talented one, get put on the sidelines by a medical condition. NP has put in the work to get back on the ice. Here's hoping that it will come his way.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lindros was in a totally different era. Hits like this were considered OK. Nowadays it would be a 20 game suspension.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I think the question is: Is this just due to the optional skate, or is this he actually cleared for contact?
There is only one way to find out how he’s going to hold up. Whichever neurologist he is seeing probably laid out a set plan. Go x amount of days headache free at each threshold (normal day to day, light skates, non contact practices, full contact and then games). It’s promising that he is moving towards games.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My hopes haven't budged and will not until he survives a game.

See also: Desean Jackson

Yeah, while him skating with a regular jersey is exciting, it definitely shouldn't be taken as a sign that he is ready to roll. I can't emphasize how quickly we could easily go back to to "he can't walk around without sunglasses on" status, potentially.

As someone said earlier though, it's good to see the flyers dont appear to be rushing this.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, while him skating with a regular jersey is exciting, it definitely shouldn't be taken as a sign that he is ready to roll. I can't emphasize how quickly we could easily go back to to "he can't walk around without sunglasses on" status, potentially.

As someone said earlier though, it's good to see the flyers dont appear to be rushing this.

Yeah this doesn't mean anything really. Until his status is updated by Fletch, nothing has changed.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I have accepted and embraced my assumption that Patrick will have to spend the rest of his contract meditating in a hole he digs in the woods using spiritual clam shells.
Though strangely worded, I echo these sentiments.

He's not playing again until he does. Don't count on anything, and especially don't count on him being effective.

Do count on this being career altering until it is not shown to be.

Assume the worst. Chase a replacement, have more depth if he comes back. Not a bad problem to have.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

He's not playing again until he does. Don't count on anything, and especially don't count on him being effective.

Assume the worst. Chase a replacement, have more depth if he comes back. Not a bad problem to have.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yup. Getting Patrick back should be a roster bonus, not a thing they rely upon and build for with that assumption in mind.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yup. Getting Patrick back should be a roster bonus, not a thing they rely upon and build for with that assumption in mind.
That's why I pencil in to the 4th line C role(Frost #3). If he comes back this year, plays, and stays migrain free it will be a win for him....and us. But you can't make roster moves ASSUMING he is coming back as the #3C....and certainly not as the #2C like we all hoped he would take over at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad