Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
As the closest one to an ordained minister on here, I think I can speak with about 90% confidence that it is demon possession. I would have to see if Patrick's eyes go completely black when he has an evil thought to be sure.

Watching Supernatural doesn't qualify you, ya scrub.

Gotta read Harry Potter to know about real evil

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately it’s unlikely to happen because our staff wants to keep Frost out and Glass 2.0 in.

Plus, even if they get the right players into the lineup, they have some weird aversion to optimizing the lines.

At this point, any instance where they do the right thing is surprising instead of expected. Which is completely their own fault.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Unfortunately it’s unlikely to happen because our staff wants to keep Frost out and Glass 2.0 in.

Plus, even if they get the right players into the lineup, they have some weird aversion to optimizing the lines.

At this point, any instance where they do the right thing is surprising instead of expected. Which is completely their own fault.

You seem to be under the impression that Stewie isnt the Hogg of the forward group.

:sarcasm:
You guys make me sad.

Reactions: Starat327

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Watching Supernatural doesn't qualify you, ya scrub.

Gotta read Harry Potter to know about real evil

Pfft, Expecto ridiculum; Supernatural is a bloody documentary on the occult ... except for the Scooby Doo episode ... and the one where they meet themselves as the actors in another dimension. But most of the others.

True story; I used to work with a doctor (MD) whose brother worked with the Vatican's exorcism division.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
he probably will, but I'd be a little wary of some career AHL plug making a name for himself by tuning up Nolan
so send Stewart down with him #twobirdsonestone

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Pfft, Expecto ridiculum; Supernatural is a bloody documentary on the occult ... except for the Scooby Doo episode ... and the one where they meet themselves as the actors in another dimension. But most of the others.

True story; I used to work with a doctor (MD) whose brother worked with the Vatican's exorcism division.

real life ghostbuster.

Reactions: BernieParent

Expectations

Mar 2, 2018
From https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...lan-patrick-injury-recovery-migraine-disorder on 10/31

“There’s no change in his status,” Fletcher said Thursday following practice at Flyers Skate Zone. “We just continue to work with him and hope that he continues to improve."

“If he gets closer to day to day, then he’d probably be in full contact practice,” Fletcher said. “So at this point, we’re still in the process and working with him. That’s about all I can say."
When asked if he wouldn’t be shocked if Patrick didn’t play at all this season, Fletcher said: "I can’t speculate on that. I’m an optimist. I can tell you he’s a really important part of our team. You look at our situation now, we have two centermen, two key players on our team that are out. Nolan’s a player who will help us win a lot of hockey games when he gets back. We’re hopeful. It’s a tough situation. Again, I won’t speculate because I can’t. I can’t predict what will happen."

“With Nolan’s situation, obviously, there’s more ambiguity I guess,” Fletcher said. “It would be hard for any human being to predict when that will all come together for him."

Interpretation: 'Gary, can we have a draft mulligan?'

Reactions: flyersfan187

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
From https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...lan-patrick-injury-recovery-migraine-disorder on 10/31

“There’s no change in his status,” Fletcher said Thursday following practice at Flyers Skate Zone. “We just continue to work with him and hope that he continues to improve."

“If he gets closer to day to day, then he’d probably be in full contact practice,” Fletcher said. “So at this point, we’re still in the process and working with him. That’s about all I can say."
When asked if he wouldn’t be shocked if Patrick didn’t play at all this season, Fletcher said: "I can’t speculate on that. I’m an optimist. I can tell you he’s a really important part of our team. You look at our situation now, we have two centermen, two key players on our team that are out. Nolan’s a player who will help us win a lot of hockey games when he gets back. We’re hopeful. It’s a tough situation. Again, I won’t speculate because I can’t. I can’t predict what will happen."

“With Nolan’s situation, obviously, there’s more ambiguity I guess,” Fletcher said. “It would be hard for any human being to predict when that will all come together for him."

Interpretation: 'Gary, can we have a draft mulligan?'

This whole situation is about the most Flyers thing ever.

I think back to the day we won the draft lottery and how f***ing pumped I was, and i'm not sure if I should just laugh or cry in retrospect.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Honestly, why not put him on LTIR then at this point, free up some space to bring up Frost?

Using LTIR for him now has a negative effect on the cap space available later in the year, if they wanted to make a trade deadline addition.

I'm not saying it's the correct call - just offering a rationale as to why they may be doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad