Value of: Nolan Patrick as an UFA

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he can play at all, someone will offer him a prove-it deal. Philly would actually make sense if he’d be willing to come back. If not, he’s an NHL legacy guy with a huge family history. He’ll turn up in someone’s scouting department if he wants to.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
It’s well known in Colorado the Avs wanted this guy over makar at the 2017 draft but lost the lottery drawing.

So Avs can take a run at him. They need Cs and he’s injury prone. Ideal fit.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think his career is over

He’ll have to work really hard just to even get a PTO and earn a chance at making it back in the league

And another concussion could have really bad consequences and set him back further

Sad

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
It’s well known in Colorado the Avs wanted this guy over makar at the 2017 draft but lost the lottery drawing.

He has barely played for years.

So no, there is no indication that he will be playing next year. Avs are the masters of the injury prone, not of the bed ridden.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Patrick really that bad you can't even trade him for say a 3rd round pick and somebody would match his QO of 1.2M?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Nolan Patrick career is over, he can’t play due to the Migraines.

Maybe he can get into coaching at a minor level and work his way up.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think his career is over

He’ll have to work really hard just to even get a PTO and earn a chance at making it back in the league

And another concussion could have really bad consequences and set him back further

Sad
I been thru this. Started taking seizure after my 3rd or 4th concussion. 3 years of my life I have no memory of. Took years to get them under control and I still migraines every day.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I mean, I'd love to have the Flyers sign him again

I think love is a strong word here. I'd certainly be ok with the Flyers signing him for a 1 year deal. Fortunately for him he's made some good NHL money because he was a #2 overall pick. He's really done nothing to earn that type of money in his career.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Poor kid. Migraine disorder + injuries absolutely wrecked his career.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
has he even been training the past 1.5 years or so? he wasnt a great player in the nhl before all the migraines and concussion issues. i dont see how he steps on to the ice next year and is an actual NHL player now.

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Career over I guess. If he gets a job in the NHL it's in development or scouting.

nashnaidoo

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2004
If I thought he had something left in the tank and a spare contract spot I'd sign him to a 2-way deal and let him work it out in the AHL.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I believe AVs were considering Hischier or Heiskanen. Patrick was already known to suffer migraines since 15 and high attitudes could trigger more attacks. Injuries happen, AVs are known to draft these type of juniors to get a better valued pick.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think love is a strong word here. I'd certainly be ok with the Flyers signing him for a 1 year deal. Fortunately for him he's made some good NHL money because he was a #2 overall pick. He's really done nothing to earn that type of money in his career.
Maybe strong for you - but not for me,

I would sign him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's a capable NHLer but his head can't handle it unfortunately. Sad story overall.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I believe AVs were considering Hischier or Heiskanen. Patrick was already known to suffer migraines since 15 and high attitudes could trigger more attacks. Injuries happen, AVs are known to draft these type of juniors to get a better valued pick.
Can you link to a story about Patrick from before the draft that mentions migraines?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nolan Patrick career is over, he can’t play due to the Migraines.

Maybe he can get into coaching at a minor level and work his way up.

It's not migraines, and he never had a separate migraine issue. It's post concussion syndrome and it always has been.

Unfortunately it seems like his career is over.

Reactions: dugg133

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'd assume he's retiring, but who knows. Maybe he wants to give it one more shot and a team is willing to see what he has left. All I know is if my favorite team (the bruins) were to sign him, I'd be nervous watching him every time he steps on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad