Value of: Noah Hanifin

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Ill take that bet on Valimaki, don't act like a guy that has been off for a year is going to jump in and play like Hughes/Makar.

Ok ill use a different example than Rielly. Like Hanifin, Muzzin was recently signed to a solid deal with term, they are comparable in skill and cost. Should Toronto move Muzzin?
Well the good news is that he doesn’t have to play like Hughes or Makar to be a top 4 D.

By the time next year actually rolls around it’s not like he will be jumping right in off injury...he’ll have been skating for months already.

That’s a much better example, but I’d say the Leafs need Muzzin’s style. If Muzzin played a style closer to Sandin, I don’t think it’s out of the question that moving him could be in play.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can something be done around Hanifin and Monahan for OEL and Dvorak? Those 4 guys as the base at least.

Both OEL and Dvorak were drafted by Maloney/Treliving and bringing in ex-Yotes is a route they’ve gone a lot (Smith, Stone, Reider, etc).

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Outside of Flames fans I’m probably one of the bigger Valimaki fans on this site. That being said make sure the kids leg is okay and play him ~17 minutes on the 3rd pairing to start with. If he dominates those minutes (which he likely will) then you move Giordano, not Hanafin. Stay young

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
None of these trades entice me at all. Hanifin is this years Brodie. Yeah he had a tough regular season but he’s still a great player. How about we don’t keep chasing away our best young players after they have struggles as a 23 year old D-man?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad