Value of: Noah Hanifin

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yet again, Danault is massively underrated. Guy had next to now PP time, 48 pts 5vs5 with the hardest matchups and stellar pk play. Top 50 in points for Centers, top tier possession numbers.
Danault was a top 6 center quite easily last year and there's no reason to think this season was a one off.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I meant 2020, but 15th OA is good too but id aim for Kotka + Petry + ? For
Hanifin + Brodie
If Hanifin is involved I want Kotka
It's fair for you or the Flames to ASK for Kotkaniemi, but Montreal would never do this. Kotkaniemi has 1C potential and showed flashes of greatness at a very young age already. Why would Montreal give Calgary the extra years of ELC and team control??
Also, Petry and Brodie are quite comparable. But Petry has an extra year, so he's significantly more valuable. Adding a + on top of that is just as out of touch as your previous proposal of Kotkaniemi + Suzuki + 15th overall pick Vs Hanifin

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
It would take a Timo Meier/Pierre Luc Dubois/Brock Boeser type of player for Calgary to be interested. These trades are really tough to pull off.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
He doesn't, that's why i wouldn't trade Gallagher but i'd move Suzuki.. :laugh:

And ofc that's not a terrible offer, Suzuki is a stud. When you're a biased fan 99% of offers are "terrible" tho. Suzuki has 1C potential, very high 2C potential. At worst he'll be a 1st line RW, which is what OP is looking for (a C or a RW).

Getting a young player on an ELC who could play a high impact position isn't something to scoff at.

First of all, you don’t know that.

At Suzuki’s age, Hanifin was already playing his 2nd season in the NHL. A young top-4 defenseman with lots of potential is absolutely worth more than a high-scoring junior prospect.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I meant 2020, but 15th OA is good too but id aim for Kotka + Petry + ? For
Hanifin + Brodie
If Hanifin is involved I want Kotka

You're not gonna get a recent #3 OA, future 1st line C who didn't look out of place in the NHL in his draft +1 season (still on his ELC) for a young dman who still hasn't found his place (defensively) 4 seasons into his NHL career (meaning getting closer to burning RFA years). Not only is Kotka for Hanifin laughable for us, you expect us to ADD to him? Obviously Hanifin has potential, I'm not saying he doesn't, moving KK for him is just illogical/bad.

First of all, you don’t know that.

At Suzuki’s age, Hanifin was already playing his 2nd season in the NHL. A young top-4 defenseman with lots of potential is absolutely worth more than a high-scoring junior prospect.

Some players you just look at in the juniors and you know they're gonna be really good NHLers. Suzuki's game has NHL written all over it, he has smarts/goal scoring/playmaking/puck handling/2 way ability. He plays a pro game.

I have very little doubt in my mind that he'll be a good NHLer, the main question is will he be a C or RWer?

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It would be high. Very high. I'm not as big on him as some Flames fans seem to be but he has some of the best edgework for a guy his size I've seen. 22 year old top 4 D signed for under 5 million per long term do not get moved unless it's a marquee player coming back.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Really no reason to trade him. And if we trade Brodie, he's probably going to be the best skater on our team.

Hanifin and Rasmus should be our #2 PP and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 40-45 points next year.

Reactions: Nanuuk

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
No Hanifin to the Habs then, we're fine with keeping him easily.
No Hanifin to any other team either if you're only going to trade him at double face value. Kotkaniemi + 15th overall + Suzuki. Talk about a homer, holyoverpayment batman.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Suzuki has 1C potential, very high 2C potential. At worst he'll be a 1st line RW, which is what OP is looking for (a C or a RW).
This has to be one of the biggest examples of homerism. And in a post where you call someone out for homerism? Because a player in juniors, at worst, is a 1st line player. That has to be one of the dumbest takes. And after you say Hanifin for Suzuki is bad for the Canadiens? This is actually unbelievable.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Hanifin isn't going anywhere unless it's a big overpay from the team getting him.

Reactions: Nanuuk

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hanifin isn't going anywhere unless it's a big overpay from the team getting him.

That logic works both ways for both teams making trades :laugh:, keep HFing.

And let's not oversell Hanifin, stop being silly. He didn't have a good year:

ovwItsU.png

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
No Hanifin to any other team either if you're only going to trade him at double face value. Kotkaniemi + 15th overall + Suzuki. Talk about a homer, holyoverpayment batman.

I seen the low ball offer of just Suzuki with no plus so I shot an high ball offer, I was clear with how my offer would be Kotka + Petry + pick (2nd/1st in 20 based on Brodie signing) for Brodie + Hanifin + 3rd if Brodie doesn't resign(the first offer was Kotka+Petry+ for Hanifin+ Brodie)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You're not gonna get a recent #3 OA, future 1st line C who didn't look out of place in the NHL in his draft +1 season (still on his ELC) for a young dman who still hasn't found his place (defensively) 4 seasons into his NHL career (meaning getting closer to burning RFA years). Not only is Kotka for Hanifin laughable for us, you expect us to ADD to him? Obviously Hanifin has potential, I'm not saying he doesn't, moving KK for him is just illogical/bad.

Some players you just look at in the juniors and you know they're gonna be really good NHLers. Suzuki's game has NHL written all over it, he has smarts/goal scoring/playmaking/puck handling/2 way ability. He plays a pro game.

I have very little doubt in my mind that he'll be a good NHLer, the main question is will he be a C or RWer?

Honestly for Hanifin there's two players on the habs I'd want Kotka + OR Gallagher ANYTHING ELSE is a big no thank you!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I seen the low ball offer of just Suzuki with no plus so I shot an high ball offer, I was clear with how my offer would be Kotka + Petry + pick (2nd/1st in 20 based on Brodie signing) for Brodie + Hanifin + 3rd if Brodie doesn't resign(the first offer was Kotka+Petry+ for Hanifin+ Brodie)
Including KK is laughable.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
That logic works both ways for both teams making trades :laugh:, keep HFing.

And let's not oversell Hanifin, stop being silly. He didn't have a good year:

ovwItsU.png
Yeah. And the Flames most likely view him as a piece for a future so they don't want a straight value trade. Pretty simply. Even if he wasn't good according to the graphs he's still a valuable player.

If Hanifin so bad, why do you want to trade Suzuki for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad