Value of: Noah Hanifin

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I agree that including KK is ridiculous but the other habs poster offering Suzuki straight was equally ridiculous
I personally would rather gamble on Suzuki's potential over Hanifin's status as a player. That's just me since I like taking on risk. But most would take the known commodity over the risk that is Suzuki

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yet again, Danault is massively underrated. Guy had next to now PP time, 48 pts 5vs5 with the hardest matchups and stellar pk play. Top 50 in points for Centers, top tier possession numbers.
Danault was a top 6 center quite easily last year and there's no reason to think this season was a one off.

Sure.
Kotkaneimi for Backlund too.

Backlund's a more proven top 6C, always a possession monster; 37 5v5 points. (also, Danault have 39 5v5 points, you're adding total assists and first assists).

No?
The trade doesn't make sense from a Flames POV (Hanifin for Danault). This one doesn't make sense from a Habs POV.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Suzuki would be better suited for Kylington 1v1

Coming from someone who digs Nick Suzuki. This is correct. Hanifin in a mix with the Habs would be in the realm of talking about Domi or KK; not really anyone else. Not even Gallagher. Love the player, but that's not the piece you move a top 3D with room to grow for.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Sure.
Kotkaneimi for Backlund too.

Backlund's a more proven top 6C, always a possession monster; 37 5v5 points. (also, Danault have 39 5v5 points, you're adding total assists and first assists).

No?
The trade doesn't make sense from a Flames POV (Hanifin for Danault). This one doesn't make sense from a Habs POV.
My post wasn't to address Danault vs Hanifin as a trade, but Flames fans saying Danault wasn't a top 6 Center and was only in this chair because he was playing on Montreal, which is far from true.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded part. Danault has 49 pts 5vs5 and 4 assist on the PP, 53 pts total on the season...
Backlund is a very good comparable to Danault, they are quite similar. He's more proven, but that has more to do with him being 4 years older than being better... in fact they also have a very similar career trajectory.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I seen the low ball offer of just Suzuki with no plus so I shot an high ball offer, I was clear with how my offer would be Kotka + Petry + pick (2nd/1st in 20 based on Brodie signing) for Brodie + Hanifin + 3rd if Brodie doesn't resign(the first offer was Kotka+Petry+ for Hanifin+ Brodie)
Yes, that's a terrible offer... Suzuki might not be enough on his own, but he should open the conversation if you're looking at moving Hanifin (thread created by a Flames fan to gauge his value after all)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yes, that's a terrible offer... Suzuki might not be enough on his own, but he should open the conversation if you're looking at moving Hanifin (thread created by a Flames fan to gauge his value after all)

We are looking at moving Brodie and Stone/Hamonic not Hanifin, Hanifin, Valimaki and Andersson would all need over payments to grab them from us

Reactions: Nanuuk

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He doesn't, that's why i wouldn't trade Gallagher but i'd move Suzuki.. :laugh:

And ofc that's not a terrible offer, Suzuki is a stud. When you're a biased fan 99% of offers are "terrible" tho. Suzuki has 1C potential, very high 2C potential. At worst he'll be a 1st line RW, which is what OP is looking for (a C or a RW).

Getting a young player on an ELC who could play a high impact position isn't something to scoff at.

I was a reading about comparables for Nick Suzuki and the name Mikael Backlund popped up. If his ceiling is something similar to what Lindholm is currently, that's a very decent player. However, I'd want more than that to move Hanifin especially because we're talking potential here. Hanifin is only 22 years old (January birthday). He too has a ton of potential but is already a top 4 staple in our dcorps.

I agree that if Hanifin is on the table, we're chatting with Montreal about figuring out how to make the deal bring Domi, KK or Gallagher over here (not as a 1:1).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hanifin is so underrated.

I love how everyone forgets how dominant the Flames looked prior to the series with Colorado.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Def is.....closer than for Hanifin anyway

Until Suzuki proves himself in the NHL, nobody is going to trade a young proven dman for him unless that dman has serious issues

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hanifin is an overpaid lemon, I do not think the Habs should go near that deal... The Canes had the better end of the deal when they got Hamilton. ;)

The Flames are better off with another 5 yrs of Hanifin and Lindholm than 2 yrs of Hamiton and whatever left of Fox and Ferland. What the Canes think is irrelevant

Also, 5M long term deal is fantastic for a middle pairing dman (assuming he cant improve at 22) ...not overpaid at all.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Of course when someone wants to gauge Hanifin's offer the Canes fans come out to trash him.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I was a reading about comparables for Nick Suzuki and the name Mikael Backlund popped up. If his ceiling is something similar to what Lindholm is currently, that's a very decent player. However, I'd want more than that to move Hanifin especially because we're talking potential here. Hanifin is only 22 years old (January birthday). He too has a ton of potential but is already a top 4 staple in our dcorps.

I agree that if Hanifin is on the table, we're chatting with Montreal about figuring out how to make the deal bring Domi, KK or Gallagher over here (not as a 1:1).

Suzuki has an elite shot, he's gonna be a goal scorer in the NHL. He's a Pavelski/Trocheck type player.

But anyways, the 3 players you named are probably the least likely players that we'd trade (but i understand you asking for them). Would be like us asking for Tkachuk.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Suzuki has an elite shot, he's gonna be a goal scorer in the NHL. He's a Pavelski/Trocheck type player.

Prospect of Interest: Nick Suzuki adds exciting talent to Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

No offense, but I'm going to trust the opinion of VGK's assistant coach to your opinion. That being said, I don't think Trocheck and Pavelski's play styles are insanely incomparable to that of Mikael Backlund. This isn't a Paul Byron vs Mark Jankowski sort of comparison. Who knows, maybe you'll be right. But I feel like there's far more optimism than concrete expectation in your evaluation of Suzuki (which is fair). I'm not saying Suzuki sucks, but as a Flames fan, I would not feel comfortable at all pursing a deal on Hanifin where Suzuki was the key piece coming back from Montreal. I'd love for Suzuki to be in the deal, but not as the key piece.

As mentioned earlier, if Calgary and Montreal are chatting and Hanifin is on the table, Domi, Gallagher and KK would not be allowed to be off the table.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Def is.....closer than for Hanifin anyway

Until Suzuki proves himself in the NHL, nobody is going to trade a young proven dman for him unless that dman has serious issues

If Suzuki proves himself in the NHL he'll be a 1C. We definitely won't be looking to move him at that point.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The 1st and Kotka coming with?

kh7xx.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad