Value of: Noah Hanifin

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Would offer Miller + for him. What else do you need?! Miller can play in your top 6.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
I think the Flames would try and add to Hanifin to get a superior player in return rather than accepting a mediocre package for him. Otherwise its probably worth hanging on to him, he's got lots of time to mold himself into a top-pair defensemen.

I would be looking at deals such as Hanifin + for Vinny Trocheck

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I think the Flames would try and add to Hanifin to get a superior player in return rather than accepting a mediocre package for him. Otherwise its probably worth hanging on to him, he's got lots of time to mold himself into a top-pair defensemen.

I would be looking at deals such as Hanifin + for Vinny Trocheck

Moving Trocheck blows a hole in the middle of Panthers lines. Him and Barkov are their building blocks down the middle. They cant move forward with a big hole at 2C.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't mind moving Hanafin if we could get a top two line centre (of appropriate age)

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
I could be wrong, followed that draft class since the Leafs were Marner bound (I was a Provorov fanboy) but Hanifin has done nothing to capture my attention or sour it.

Is he really any good? I've always been on the fence about him.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I could be wrong, followed that draft class since the Leafs were Marner bound (I was a Provorov fanboy) but Hanifin has done nothing to capture my attention or sour it.

Is he really any good? I've always been on the fence about him.

He is good. Top 4 D for sure and may become a solid #2. Don't think he will be a #1 though.

Kadri, Miller, and especially Gaudette don't really interest me as a centrepoint in a trade for him.

Flames are better off keeping him.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
He is good. Top 4 D for sure and may become a solid #2. Don't think he will be a #1 though.

Kadri, Miller, and especially Gaudette don't really interest me as a centrepoint in a trade for him.

Flames are better off keeping him.
My impression remains milktoast talent.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah Flames don't move Hanifin, they'll trade one of the guys who are a UFA next year. Hamonic or Brodie. My money is on Brodie

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hanifin + Ras Andersson + CAL 2019 1st
for
Zib + two lesser pieces

something like that

Honestly I'd actually do it, I was always extremely high on Zibanejad since he was drafted. Zibanejad with Gaudreau gives the Flames arguably one of the deepest center depths in the league. My only issue is RHD going forward, but hey I think we can still solve that issue and possibly trade if necessary.

Reactions: bernmeister

Bond

May 10, 2012
My god your offer are getting worst all the time . Flames laugh . If this was offer in a bar after a couple of drinks Gordon probably leaves with a black eye .

lol. I thought I was taking crazy pills that a Flames fan actually liked that offer. Let's gut the Flames D core and give up another first for 2 years of Zibanejad

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
lol. I thought I was taking crazy pills that a Flames fan actually liked that offer. Let's gut the Flames D core and give up another first for 2 years of Zibanejad

Yeah , it is a ridiculous offer . Logically you have to look at age , contract and potential . Hanifin got the potential to be a very good #1D , a 1st has value and then there Ras Andersson who has looked like a stud in his young career . 2 young D men that will be the back bone of the Flame core moving forward for a good 2 C /1B C that will probably walk in 2 years or will want a boat load of money to resign . It really is bad . Incoming a big long reason why the Flames take it .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad