Noah Hanifin

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
they haven't shown the improvement of hanifin. he'll be amazing, you will see.

he's proven he can play at the nhl level but nothing i've seen from watching the canes play the isles has shown me he's anything special. i think everybody knows he's got potential, but until he hits it there's a question mark.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
he's proven he can play at the nhl level but nothing i've seen from watching the canes play the isles has shown me he's anything special. i think everybody knows he's got potential, but until he hits it there's a question mark.

yeah, but I'm confident he can work it out

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
assuming 1 2 3 & 4 stay the same

pls list six players you would draft ahead of him

ie - him falling out of the top 10

I really like Hanifin, but Werenski, Aho, Provorov are certainly good shouts.

A lot of potentially very good players in that draft, but so is Hanifin. It does look like he did go a bit too early though. We'll see.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I think he'll settle in somewhere in the neighbourhood of JBoy eventually, a big fluid skater who is just short of the total package to be a #1

from what I've seen he's not quite there as yet, I think because of getting used to how fast the NHL game comes at you, but definitely a top 4 guy

*although to be sure...what do the advanced stats say about him:naughty:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It’s too early to pass judgement. I mean, we saw two wildly different Noah Hanifins last season. For the ~3/4 of the season that Hainsey was in the Top 4 and Hanifin was paired with Tennyson/Dahlbeck, he was an overall disappointment that didn’t look NHL caliber at times. In the final ~1/4 of the season, after Hainsey got dealt and Hanifin was promoted to the Top 4 to play with Faulk/Pesce, he was a 20+ minute a night defender that scored at a 40+ point pace and played a very quiet defensive game.

The only thing I feel comfortable in saying at this point is that Hanifin is not good enough to carry an AHL/NHL-tweener partner, even in a sheltered role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad