Speculation: Noah Hanifin on the trade block

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Wrong thread. He may have been part of the Flames Hall package which would mean he's been avaliable for a while.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I feel like in such a situation, I'd want to see if I could entice you to unlock either Ehlers or Laine by putting Monahan on the table.

now we’d be talking... except bringing in a 2C is to play with those two. Sigh...

Reactions: Fig

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He's Brady Skjei with a bit more potential.
This is 100 percent accurate. Both have above average physical gifts and wheels. Both are capable of wowing you in a 10-15 game stretch to think they could be a legitimate top pair D-man at times but ultimately they revert back to what they are which is a middle pair 30-40pt D that have all the talent and gifts but just cannot break thru the glass ceiling of consistency to take that next step. Ultimately they are what they are and will leave you wanting more. Strange so many NYR fans are eager for hanifin but at the same time were ecstatic to trade Skjei and his contract for a 1st. They are not bad players but they are what they are at this point IMO

Reactions: Anthony5967

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
This is 100 percent accurate. Both have above average physical gifts and wheels. Both are capable of wowing you in a 10-15 game stretch to think they could be a legitimate top pair D-man at times but ultimately they revert back to what they are which is a middle pair 30-40pt D that have all the talent and gifts but just cannot break thru the glass ceiling of consistency to take that next step. Ultimately they are what they are and will leave you wanting more. Strange so many NYR fans are eager for hanifin but at the same time were ecstatic to trade Skjei and his contract for a 1st. They are not bad players but they are what they are at this point IMO

Hanifin and Skjei have similar deficiencies in that both struggle with defensive IQ. Having watched both as a Canes fan, I will say that Skjei brings a physical element that Hanifin completely lacked. Hanifin also had a more lackadaisical (or more generously effortless) approach to the game while Skjei brings more motor (which is a double edged sword for him).

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Justin Faulk for nothing and maybe a nice add from Blues for helping them clear cap?

In a separate deal. Move Hanifin for a fwd.

Random... does a young Justin Faulk look like Sasha Baron Cohen?

The Faulk idea is very interesting depending on how "nice" the add is and if Brodie/Hamonic aren't staying (likely).

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think Hanifin finds his way to Boston. Don't think I'm good at coming up with the how. But I'd believe he's a major target, of which Sweeney has covetted for a while.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Outside of Carlo and Studnicka Boston doesn't have anything the Flames want. (obviously ignoring the Perfection Line)
Then maybe it's based of one of those players mentioned. Sweeney has just had interest in Hanifin, and I can see him making a strong attempt to make it happen this time around. Maybe someone outbids or it doesn't work out. But just throwing my guess out there.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Hanifin finds his way to Boston. Don't think I'm good at coming up with the how. But I'd believe he's a major target, of which Sweeney has covetted for a while.

DeBrusk is intriguing, but doesn’t move the needle enough by himself.

I’d also be interested in Faulk in a separate deal, but the cap makes it tricky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad