Proposal: Noah Hanifin for Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Do both sides do it? Habs may need to throw in a pick just because Hanafin is on a very good cap for what he brings.

With Weegar and Kylington signed I think Hanifin is the guy who gets traded this season.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
can't say i see the flames having any interest in that... habs jump on it without hesitation as long as the pick included isn't a 1st

Reactions: HabsQC

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Do both sides do it? Habs may need to throw in a pick just because Hanafin is on a very good cap for what he brings.
Calgary is in decent shape. Gallagher's durability is a question at this stage in his career. So it's an unnecessary risk. Plus it wouldn't be one for one. Value aside, there's little reason that CalGary does this.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Done for me for sure, buts Calgary will never do this.

Pretty sure if they trade Hanifin, it will be for someone whos not making 6.5 millions per year

Reactions: HabsQC and Altimus

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
What does Gallagher bring? He's older, worse and more expensive. Like what is the rationale
Brendan's game fits Sutter's system perfectly. Just 4 seasons ago he had back to back 30+ goal campaigns. I think he's got a lot of gas left in the tank and could get back to being a 30 goal scorer.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Brendan's game fits Sutter's system perfectly. Just 4 seasons ago he had back to back 30+ goal campaigns. I think he's got a lot of gas left in the tank and could get back to being a 30 goal scorer.
Sean Monahan scored 82 points 4 seasons ago. Four seasons for a player whose body is broken down might as well be two decades. It took a future 1st just to get him off the books. Gallagher’s style and size is not conducive to a sudden resurgence at age 30. Any more than Monahan is on the verge of a breakout. And he (Gallagher) is still owed a whopping $6.5 million for FIVE MORE YEARS.

Terrible. If it took a future 1st to get off Monahan it would take a helluva lot more than that for somebody to take on Gallagher’s contract. At least Monahan’s deal is off the books next summer. Gallagher has one of the worst contracts in the league.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
See, I don't think that's worth the risk, especially for a top 4 d-man who puts up points. Flames already have an expensive anchor in Lucic but at least his contract comes off the books next summer.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

With Weegar and Kylington signed I think Hanifin is the guy who gets traded this season.
Is the idea that Flames front office had way too strong an offseason, so regression to the mean, and undermining the roster/outlook, is inevitable?

Ledge And Dairy

Ryan Ellis' game fits Sutter's system perfectly too. Just 4 seasons ago he was a top 15 defenseman in the league. I see Gallagher quickly going down the same hole as Ellis. It's unfortunate but the way they play is very taxing on the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad