No

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
No, I guess some jokes have to be explained.

It's a running gag. It started with John Belushi in Animal House giving a speech with such noted examples as "Did the Americans give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" and his fraternity mates looking at each other with blank stares and confused faces.

So, its kind of been a running gag since 1977.

Oh, I didn't know that :laugh:.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Since the GDT has become depressing offseason talk, I will say this here. The concussion protocol is 7 days. Is there any chance Richards can come back for game 5 as it has technically been 7 days at the point when the game starts?

There is no way the Kings can mount any sort of comeback without him in the lineup. Plus the return of one of your best forwards would provide a significant spark to the rest of the team. We need him for game 5.

Captain Mittens*

Since the GDT has become depressing offseason talk, I will say this here. The concussion protocol is 7 days. Is there any chance Richards can come back for game 5 as it has technically been 7 days at the point when the game starts?

Sydor25

LA Kings

There is no way the Kings can mount any sort of comeback without him in the lineup. Plus the return of one of your best forwards would provide a significant spark to the rest of the team. We need him for game 5.

Richards started feeling symptons on Sunday at the pre-game skate. He better not be playing Saturday, not worth risking his career for a game that the Kings will probably lose anyways.

Kings could end up 8-1 at home and 1-8 on the road. Has any other team had a record like this in the playoffs? Truly bizare.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Wow that thread by a Hawks fan on the mainboard suggesting the Hawk's gave us a pitty win instead of sweeping us pissed me off. Hope we shove it in his face when we win Game 7! GKG!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's down to one shift at a time, which is the mindset in which Sutter usually has the Kings. Expecting a hard fought Game 5, much like Game 1. It will be a break here or there that settles it.

If not for an uncharacteristic softie by Quick and an awful line change, the series is tied 2-2. That tells you how slim the margin of error is between these two teams.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
LA is a transplant city. I gotta imagin it's the biggest transplant city in the country. Chicago is the 3rd biggest city in the country. So, there a lot of people who are from the Chicago area in Los Angeles. If we advance you'll see the same thing with Boston (if they advance). I think Boston in the 5th biggest city.

That's all that is. You don't see with St. Louis and New Jersey because they aren't mega cities like Chicago and Boston.

Hell, I was a transplant! I lived in LA from some years. But, I was born and raised in Connecticut.

I'm so sick of that excuse....transplants my ass. IT'S CALLED BANDWAGONERS! That's LA folks, it's always about the flavor of the month.

For those of you who believe in this mythical 'transplant' theory...then where are all the KINGs fans at the CHI games?? Where were all of them at the NJ games last year?? What, only LA gets transplants?? *********.....

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm so sick of that excuse....transplants my ass. IT'S CALLED BANDWAGONERS! That's LA folks, it's always about the flavor of the month.

For those of you who believe in this mythical 'transplant' theory...then where are all the KINGs fans at the CHI games?? Where were all of them at the NJ games last year?? What, only LA gets transplants?? *********.....

lol. It's not mythical. Bandwagoners exist, to be sure, but LA/NYC are melting pots for people from around the world much more than, say Newark.

I'd also argue it's a function of the start time, though that's not a good excuse, I guess. 6 PM in the LA area is redonkulous. I had to leave work at 330 so I could hit the road at 4 (coming from the IE) just to make it in time for the puck drop. Kind of a crappy accommodation to have to make for tv. You can probably tell the place didn't really fill up until the 1st intermission.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
lol. It's not mythical. Bandwagoners exist, to be sure, but LA/NYC are melting pots for people from around the world much more than, say Newark.

I'd also argue it's a function of the start time, though that's not a good excuse, I guess. 6 PM in the LA area is redonkulous. I had to leave work at 330 so I could hit the road at 4 (coming from the IE) just to make it in time for the puck drop. Kind of a crappy accommodation to have to make for tv. You can probably tell the place didn't really fill up until the 1st intermission.

Then how come you don't have this problem when a visiting team sucks? For years, DET fans infest our arena....why? Because DET has been good for sooo long. Where are all the Islander fans? Toronto fans? Certainly they should have transplants here too, right? I can't tell you, over the years, how many 'hockey' fans I've come across (who are from CA), but their favorite team is Detroit. Now explain how that has anything to do with being a transplant.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
General Zad!

man-of-steel-zod-helmet.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Then how come you don't have this problem when a visiting team sucks? For years, DET fans infest our arena....why? Because DET has been good for sooo long. Where are all the Islander fans? Toronto fans? Certainly they should have transplants here too, right? I can't tell you, over the years, how many 'hockey' fans I've come across (who are from CA), but their favorite team is Detroit. Now explain how that has anything to do with being a transplant.

Oh I see what you mean...thought you meant KINGS bandwagoners, heh. You mean the opposing fans are. Either way, yeah, I'm sure there's that effect (80% of last night's hawks jerseys were 88 Kane with the stanley cup patch), but you'll notice that effect when teams with a long history are around. IE you're not gonna see many Columbus jerseys, but you WILL see LOTS of Calgary, Edmonton, etc.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Its funny how the PGT is the offseason thread and this is the playoff thread haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad