Pre-Game Talk: No time to worry, we're back at it Saturday vs The same Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
To be honest I hate the O/T crap 3 on 3 anyways, it suits some teams better than others and its a lame gimmick. Imagine if the playoffs were settled like this?

Is Anderson back or are his panties still being hemmed?

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Along with a lot of people I liked the idea of an all Canadian division but now? It’s not very good and I’m bored of seeing the same old teams. It is the worse division and the Leafs better cancel their parade because they are not winning the SC despite their lofty opinions of themselves

Reactions: Redux91

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I would try:

Toffoli Danault Anderson
Tatar KK Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Evans Perry

Haha, Go back to sleep.

It's not that bad really, I think I get it. Drouin Suzuki Armia have proven chemistry from playing in the bubble, and Armia had a nice goal that game they played together when Anderson got hurt against the Jets. He had 2 goals that game I think. Tatar KK Gally finally gives KK offensive wingers and would probably be a really good possession line. Toffoli Danault Anderson gives Danault the best 2 wingers to offset his horrible play lol. But honestly, Anderson and Toffoli can just play a 2 men game with Danault taking care of defensive duties. It would be similar to Tatar Gally but more effective due to the size factor. The 4th line is the 4th line lol.

I kinda like it as a shake up but I'd try something a bit different

Drouin Suzuki Anderson = the most skill, hopefully Suzuki get's his game back
Tatar KK Toffoli = offensive wingers for KK, goal scoring and speed
Lehkonen Danault Gallagher = pure checking line
Byron Evans Perry/Armia = 4th line all winger interchangeable

I think that create a clear 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th line

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
It's not that bad really, I think I get it. Drouin Suzuki Armia have proven chemistry from playing in the bubble, and Armia had a nice goal that game they played together when Anderson got hurt against the Jets. He had 2 goals that game I think. Tatar KK Gally finally gives KK offensive wingers and would probably be a really good possession line. Toffoli Danault Anderson gives Danault the best 2 wingers to offset his horrible play lol. But honestly, Anderson and Toffoli can just play a 2 men game with Danault taking care of defensive duties. It would be similar to Tatar Gally but more effective due to the size factor. The 4th line is the 4th line lol.

Gallagher in checking line, come on

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I love the all-Canadian division. It’ll get chippier as more games are played between the same teams. Also liking how the teams are less likely to contract Covid in Canadian cities.

Games should already be quite chippy, but they're not.

Start a scrum, give the other team a powerplay.

Hit someone in the head, you're fine.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I would try:

Toffoli Danault Anderson
Tatar KK Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Evans Perry

I thought @OldCraig71 was joking with his lines. I didn’t think he was biggest Danault fan. If not I take back the sleep comment.

I don’t mind the second set of lines.

Reactions: FLHabs

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Are they fixing the D pairings or is BrainRot in for another 23+ minute performance??...is Kotkaniemi finally going to get someone on his RW who can accept a pass??...can Dan-NoGoal continue his streak of showing Science what a Black Hole can do to offensive output??...all these questions and more will be answered on our next episode of:

AS THE HAIR TURNS...GRAY.
Danault is the new Gomez. He will go an entire season without a goal, but ppl will be arguing his underlying metrics are good and he will snap out of this snake-bitten funk soon enough.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Along with a lot of people I liked the idea of an all Canadian division but now? It’s not very good and I’m bored of seeing the same old teams. It is the worse division and the Leafs better cancel their parade because they are not winning the SC despite their lofty opinions of themselves
Every division has it's warts. The only terrible team is the Sens. Vancouver has underachieved but and since the stretch where the team had 2 practises after the first seventeen games they have turned their D and goaltending completely around. I personally think are the Habs are weak and lack any true elite forwards, they still have 2 goalies that can steal games. The Oilers are a flawed team but also possess a player who can dominate a game. The Jets have a good offensive team and elite goaltending, Toronto, usually top heavy are getting good value in the bottom six.
As a Nuck fan I'd rather play the Cali teams, the Yotes and Wild from the West.
From the central gimme the Preds, Hawks, Wings, Jackets.
From the East, Pens, Devils, Sabres, Rangers are all pretty terrible.
Just because we lack a true powerhouse like the Bolts or Vegas is irrelevant since in the North 6 of the seven teams are all at the very least not easy wins. People just want to downplay the success the Leafs are having because as much as I hate them, doesn't change the fact they get crap slung at them more than any other team.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think the most needed change is splitting up Chiarot and Weber. How the f*** can the guys at ice level not see this..

Romanov Weber
Edmunson Petry
Mete(Chiarot) Kulak

I mean come on, let’s at least try to get each pair a puck mover. Damn scary seeing Chiarot over 20 mins a night. Weber not much better, but I feel Chiarot is partly to blame for his underwhelming play. I’d even put Mete Back with Weber and let Chiarot sit out a few games.

Reactions: salbutera

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love the all-Canadian division. It’ll get chippier as more games are played between the same teams. Also liking how the teams are less likely to contract Covid in Canadian cities.
In another couple of weeks, we will be at the half way point for all teams, and all of these series will turn into playoff style games which I think will be great.
It is hard seeing the same teams over and over, but I think the hockey will get better and more emotional as we get closer to the playoffs, every game is a 4 pt game!
The Habs are going to be right in the middle of it all.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I thought @OldCraig71 was joking with his lines. I didn’t think he was biggest Danault fan. If not I take back the sleep comment.

I don’t mind the second set of lines.
I am not the biggest Danault fan in an offensive role but why not change things up. Danault and Anderson are two puck retrievers on one line and Toffoli has hands, it just might work. There is literally no point to go back to the TDG line, it has run its course.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

It's a matter of opinion, of course but, to me, this is the best use of the players at hand. All we would need, after that, is an upgrade with a more mobile and offensive D to balance out the back end than either Mete or Kulak.

Reactions: FLHabs

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Gallagher in checking line, come on

Gallagher racked up his first 30-goal season on a checking line with way-past-his-prime Plekanec and Lehkonen. Where's the beef? Gallagher's style of play won't prevent him from scoring on such a line and Danault is better than way-past-his-prime Plekanec.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Danault is the new Gomez. He will go an entire season without a goal, but ppl will be arguing his underlying metrics are good and he will snap out of this snake-bitten funk soon enough.

I think this shows the value of the adage, "Just say no."

I doubt anybody is pretending that Danault is a goal scorer or that he is likely to return to the form of a goal scorer.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think the most needed change is splitting up Chiarot and Weber. How the f*** can the guys at ice level not see this..

Romanov Weber
Edmunson Petry
Mete(Chiarot) Kulak

I mean come on, let’s at least try to get each pair a puck mover. Damn scary seeing Chiarot over 20 mins a night. Weber not much better, but I feel Chiarot is partly to blame for his underwhelming play. I’d even put Mete Back with Weber and let Chiarot sit out a few games.

I agree with you that this is the most important change needed. However, it also needs to come with an upgrade for the 3rd pairing. Neither Mete nor Kulak should be in the lineup for a stronger D-Corps.

Ideally (tall order), Montreal acquires a pairing partner for weber that is mobile and can be at least a decent PP quarterback. It allows Romanov to play on a 3rd pairing with Chiarot as a stay-at-home partner.

Just as an example:

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

would be a seriously improved D-Corps.

Otherwise, bizarrely, I think there are more options at RD on the market and the D could become:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Weber
Chiarot - mobile, two-way RD acquisition
Kulak, Mete

I think fans would be really surprised at how much better this team is with one addition on D and a realignment of the pairings that would ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad