Speculation: No takers for PK Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

He got into a fight with his brother and did the "tough guy" pose after and his brother got pissed and said he was making a monkey gesture to him. He got his contract terminated and banned from the league, P.K Subban went into the media and said a bunch of things about him, then pinned a tweet on his twitter with what turned out to be false info.

Panetta's teammates wrote an open letter of support for his character and backing his claims that it was just a tough guy pose. It later comes out, he had made this pose to several players before and eventually the league backs off and allows him to sign again.

Meanwhile, Subban refused to walk back his statements or apologize and kept the pinned tweet for months that falsely accused him of being racist.

Oh I remember now, there were so fee videos that actually showed the gesture too... Subban's done a lot of good with charities and stuff but that was a low...

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
this forum was so harsh on him last season I actually watched a few Jersey games and was kind of surprised how well he played when I did see him - its like 2 - 3 games max tho to be upfront

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

He got into a fight with his brother and did the "tough guy" pose after and his brother got pissed and said he was making a monkey gesture to him. He got his contract terminated and banned from the league, P.K Subban went into the media and said a bunch of things about him, then pinned a tweet on his twitter with what turned out to be false info.

Panetta's teammates wrote an open letter of support for his character and backing his claims that it was just a tough guy pose. It later comes out, he had made this pose to several players before and eventually the league backs off and allows him to sign again.

Meanwhile, Subban refused to walk back his statements or apologize and kept the pinned tweet for months that falsely accused him of being racist.

Your information is not correct.

Panetta was not re-instated because "the league backed off." He was re-instated after completing a program that the NHL runs through their Player Inclusion Committee.

Panetta even acknowledged as much when he was re-signed by the team that released him: "I want to thank the NHL Player Inclusion Committee, the ECHL, the Iceman and my family for supporting me over the past several months." He went on to say his time in the program was "a positive learning experience."

It certainly looked like he was making a "monkey" gesture to Jordan Subban and the league, who reviewed it, clearly felt the same way and suspended and had him enroll in the program.

What exactly do you think P.K. Subban should be apologizing for?

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Blues have 6 lefties and 3 righties. Would love to balance that out and get Subban here. Always been a Subban fan.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Still a decent 5/6 . Positive guy in the locker room but might be a little too ”busy “ for some guys that might run them the wrong way but he has good intentions and is a great teammmate
Good guy in the locker room for a young team that's going nowhere and needs to keep things happy when the team is losing. The Devils young players seemed to love him. Could be a good fit for the Ducks, Sabres, Habs, Kraken, etc. I don't think at this point he's a guy you want on a contender as he still loves the attention + social media game a little too much for any of the teams that love that "guarded personality, team-first attitude".

Reactions: My3Sons

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't do drugs or alcohol...but I'd re-consider that if the Habs signed him.

We have several kids that need to be brought into the NHL and there is zero need for any clown shows.

Unless of course Price needs a high-low like they use to do...

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
He quite easily can play as #5 defensemen in this league and the fact that you think otherwise speaks volumes about your level of knowledge.
Nah, he's really not. The fact that your argument is "he's a #5 and you don't know anything about hockey if you disagree" is what truly speaks volumes

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It will come just like Kadri but I think they problem right now is so many teams are already at the cap limit or damn close that making room is not easy. I think right now 12 teams have under $1M in cap space 9 are already over the cap

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Tremendous career for PK - one of my favorite players ever. Very very likeable, especially off the ice, has always been very generous and charismatic.

I hope a team signs him. I think if he's signed with lower expectations, he could still do well. I wonder if he could even be a solid #2 on a team with an elite #1D, to complement a first pair? I honestly haven't seen him play a lot in past couple of years.

I would take him back on the Habs in a heartbeat, but not sure that's likely to happen. Fans would love this, and in a year where we're expected to rebuild, no real risk.
Short answer? No. He's a bottom pairing D now and has been basically since he came to New Jersey

Karma for ruining a guys career over literally nothing, refusing to apologize for jumping the gun or acknowledge it, and leaving up the tweet for months after despite it being proven false.

f*** him

Sorry what does this pertain to? This is the first I have ever heard of this... nevermind i see your explanation further along carry on

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Ah yea I forgot about our GM who decided to give a bloated contract to a fringe middle 6'er and didn't keep the guy with the electric personality that the city loved.

So glad Bergevin was ousted.
With hindsight, Bergevin objectively made the right move there. He's done a whole lot of stupid things but that trade wasn't one

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Ah yea I forgot about our GM who decided to give a bloated contract to a fringe middle 6'er and didn't keep the guy with the electric personality that the city loved.

So glad Bergevin was ousted.

Im all for talking shit about Bergevin dont get me wrong I can go on and on and on but this is clearly a trade he saw better than 99% of the people out there

Shea Weber after coming to the habs even in decline was a much better defender than PK and EK also imo - the consistency Weber had over the length of his whole career is unreal

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Haven’t watched Subban play much in the past few years. How is his skating and D?

Average at best nowadays. Might have had a higher degree of difficulty last year since he was spent a good chunk of the season paired with Ty Smith who had a rough sophomore slump.

Ducks might have some mild interest, but Verbeek is in no hurry to sign a veteran D apparently.

With Drysdale/Shattenkirk, I'd probably be looking for more of a defensive minded guy than Subban. If I were Verbeek I'd be asking Pittsburgh what their plans are since they have 5 RD on one way deals. Maybe a SoCal guy like Chad Ruhwedel could make sense for Anaheim?

Reactions: Victor Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad