News Article: No Surprise, the Evander Kane rumors were very much real

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm sure Winnipeg wanted way too much. I'm perfectly happy to give BSchenn a chance to play on Giroux's left wing this season.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I am huge fan of Evander Kane and am not a supporter of people who say our media "will run him out of town". Our media doesn't run anyone out of town, the players run themselves out of town. Giroux and Evander Kane would be one of the best 1-2 punches in the NHL on a top line.

Hartnell I don't think was in any part of the deal, it seems more fitting it was Schenn. Schenn fills a need they need up in Winnipeg and I think the Jets wanted more than just him, probably a draft pick(2nd rounder or 3 rd rounder) coming back as well. I don't think he gets traded during the season but next off season I think he is gone up there. Where? No clue, but Hextall said he doesn't mind adding young players like him for young assets. Any GM would look to make a deal like that honestly.

I think the Flyers struggle this year in the standings, which will make them be sellers I think at the deadline. Next years lineup

Kane-Giroux-Bobby Ryan
Read-Couts-Voracek
Umberger-Vinny/Laughton-Simmonds
Raffle-Eichel-Bellamare
Rinaldo

Who care-who care
who care-who care
who care-who care

Our team scored on average 7 goals a game and wins the cup. Just remember this post when it happens.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I am huge fan of Evander Kane and am not a supporter of people who say our media "will run him out of town". Our media doesn't run anyone out of town, the players run themselves out of town. Giroux and Evander Kane would be one of the best 1-2 punches in the NHL on a top line.

Hartnell I don't think was in any part of the deal, it seems more fitting it was Schenn. Schenn fills a need they need up in Winnipeg and I think the Jets wanted more than just him, probably a draft pick(2nd rounder or 3 rd rounder) coming back as well. I don't think he gets traded during the season but next off season I think he is gone up there. Where? No clue, but Hextall said he doesn't mind adding young players like him for young assets. Any GM would look to make a deal like that honestly.

I think the Flyers struggle this year in the standings, which will make them be sellers I think at the deadline. Next years lineup

Kane-Giroux-Bobby Ryan
Read-Couts-Voracek
Umberger-Vinny/Laughton-Simmonds
Raffle-Eichel-Bellamare
Rinaldo

Who care-who care
who care-who care
who care-who care

Our team scored on average 7 goals a game and wins the cup. Just remember this post when it happens.

I can't wait for people to kill you for putting Eichel on the 4th line, look at how they reacted with Laughton!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He will be in Vancouver or Philly before this year is up. If Brayden stays on G's wing he will be right with Kane in points this year.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
He will be in Vancouver or Philly before this year is up. If Brayden stays on G's wing he will be right with Kane in points this year.

That's almost certainly true, but that doesn't mean that Schenn will produce what Kane would if he were in that position. Kane is stuck behind Ladd in Winnipeg, so he doesn't get the premier ice time and linemates.

I'd have loved to see a top-six of:

Kane - Giroux - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Voracek

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
I know it's the same old swan song, but I really just feel like when we have defense as awful as ours, it doesn't matter what top forwards we have on our team. Although I really wish we could have picked up Kane, because mind you I am a fan of him, I feel like we need more solid D-men. Yeah, sure, a #1 would be awesome but I don't think Shea Weber is gonna be a Flyer anytime soon. The only 2 competent (not good, competent) D-men we have are Coburn and AMac. MDZ has so much to prove, L. Schenn is either playing OK or like total ass, Streit is a grandpa, and Grossmann's talent goes without saying.

I think we should be praying that our prospects develop a lot more than hoping for more offense. Our first line is as good as you could realistically want, our second is OK, and our 3/4 are all you could really ask for our of a 3/4 line.

Until we get someone in front of Mase that has a remote clue what we're doing, I don't think we have a shot in hell of getting further then the first round of the playoffs. I'm praying Morin/Hagg/Ghost/Alt develop into something.

Again, heavily opinion based. Kinda ran off topic but all I'm saying is I really don't care what forwards we're rumored to grab when our defense is god awful.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
The good news from this is, the Flyers are aware and actively searching for Giroux's left-winger. Some more good news is, we're also not about to sell the farm for any one guy, either. Determination & Patience, all rolled into one.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
I know it's the same old swan song, but I really just feel like when we have defense as awful as ours, it doesn't matter what top forwards we have on our team. Although I really wish we could have picked up Kane, because mind you I am a fan of him, I feel like we need more solid D-men. Yeah, sure, a #1 would be awesome but I don't think Shea Weber is gonna be a Flyer anytime soon. The only 2 competent (not good, competent) D-men we have are Coburn and AMac. MDZ has so much to prove, L. Schenn is either playing OK or like total ass, Streit is a grandpa, and Grossmann's talent goes without saying.

I think we should be praying that our prospects develop a lot more than hoping for more offense. Our first line is as good as you could realistically want, our second is OK, and our 3/4 are all you could really ask for our of a 3/4 line.

Until we get someone in front of Mase that has a remote clue what we're doing, I don't think we have a shot in hell of getting further then the first round of the playoffs. I'm praying Morin/Hagg/Ghost/Alt develop into something.

Again, heavily opinion based. Kinda ran off topic but all I'm saying is I really don't care what forwards we're rumored to grab when our defense is god awful.

Kane's only 23. He's got years and years left. I could understand it if he was the wrong side of 30, but Kane and Giroux could play together for the next 7 or 8 years. Plenty of time to rebuild the defence.

Harsh on Streit too. He shouldn't be judged solely on age since he came into the league late anyway. And last year, he improved as the year went on. He's still got a bit left. He's certainly above MacD when it comes to competence. Grossmann's talent is a solid, bottom-4 stay-at-home guy who's good on the PK. We saw it in his first year. Unfortunately, injuries and concussions turned him into a liability last season. Hopefully he can get himself back on the right track this year

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It must have been BSchenn + more salary to make the cap work. Kane makes more than twice as much money.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In a vacuum, I think Kane would be excellent for this line-up to complement Giroux and Voracek. The practicalities of it, both in terms of cost for him and cap, makes the deal nearly impossible. The Flyers don't have the assets to get Kane without gutting themselves and reverting to square 1 in terms of prospect depth, particularly as more assets would be required to include the necessary cap dump.

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
Kane's only 23. He's got years and years left. I could understand it if he was the wrong side of 30, but Kane and Giroux could play together for the next 7 or 8 years. Plenty of time to rebuild the defence.

Harsh on Streit too. He shouldn't be judged solely on age since he came into the league late anyway. And last year, he improved as the year went on. He's still got a bit left. He's certainly above MacD when it comes to competence. Grossmann's talent is a solid, bottom-4 stay-at-home guy who's good on the PK. We saw it in his first year. Unfortunately, injuries and concussions turned him into a liability last season. Hopefully he can get himself back on the right track this year

I never said anything about Kane's age. I know he has potential, and his age just makes that potential even greater. I seriously just think the offense isn't the true issue with this team, and I think we should only use up cap space on players that makes us competitors for the Cup.

I'd agree I'm a bit harsh on Streit. He's definitely (in my opinion) the 3rd defender on the team. However, I'll agree to disagree on Grossmann. I think that he was never even solid, and last year he was god awful. I wish they'd dump him ASAP.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I think we know from main-board experience that the maximum we would be comfortable with giving up for Kane and the minimum Jets fans would demand are far apart.

Personally, I'd go BSchenn, one of Grossmann/LSchenn/MacDonald, '15 1st, Hagg.

Well, truth be told, I'd be inclined to include Morin and the pick a max 2nd because I'm not high on Morin reaching his potential, but I know I'm in the vast minority here on this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad