No surgery needed for Datsyuk

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
just to me it probably means at 35+ there isn't much they can do to fix what is causing this to happen.

That's probably correct, if I were going to speculate. Rest and treatments are probably the order if it's not a surgical fix. This could mean we don't see Datsyuk for a full 82 game season, but hopefully the team is strong enough to not need him every game and give him some breaks so he's fresh when it matters.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Re: the trainers...Somebody dig up that quote where Holland (or Babcock?) straight up said that they might need to look into their training staff given the number of injuries these past few seasons. If you ask me, that says these injuries are more than just coincidence. Maybe the trainers don't play a huge role, but for an organization as well-run as the Wings, they should have the best training staff around. The fact that the trainers might have ANY negative impact is too much.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Re: the trainers...Somebody dig up that quote where Holland (or Babcock?) straight up said that they might need to look into their training staff given the number of injuries these past few seasons. If you ask me, that says these injuries are more than just coincidence. Maybe the trainers don't play a huge role, but for an organization as well-run as the Wings, they should have the best training staff around. The fact that the trainers might have ANY negative impact is too much.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/pleiness-red-wings-coach-gm-say-theyve-audited-training-staff-are-investiga

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

To me this quote doesn't jive with what we know about groin injuries...

“We expect groin injuries and hip flexors at the start of training camp,†Wings general manager Ken Holland said. “We’re looking into why we’re having groin issues during this part of the season. I’m not sure what we can do about it this year but it’s something we’ll look at in the summer time.

Seems like an old fallacy that groin injuries should happen at the start of the year and not in the middle. If anything, wear and tear throughout the year would actually be a more expected finding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad