Post-Game Talk: No Pain No Gain, Islanders lose game, Penguins lose Players, WOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
In an interview with a Swedish newspaper he told them that he said to Harmonic "Please hit me in the face so I can punch you."

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/murray-snalla-du-sla-mig-i-ansiktet-sa-att/

ZxAA1kn.jpg

Last edited:

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
I know this board will hate it but...

+ Bylsma. He played Bennett. The lines were good. Our PP went 2/4, our PK was perfect. And most importantly, the matchups and plan to shut Tavares down worked perfectly, he didn't even register a shot on goal. Disco's game plan worked.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I wanted to mention in this thread because I've been a bit of a detractor of his lately, but Mark Eaton had a phenomenal game.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
To be honest, I didn't have an issue with Martin. He played like he should play when his team is down by that amount, and was looking to send a message for the remainder of the series. I know that if the Pens were getting hammered badly, I'd want one of our physical guys to go out there and hit everything in sight and try and cause as much trouble as they possibly can.

The irony is some fans on the Isles board were disappointed in Martin for not actually doing more than he did. I guess it's a perfect example of how the perspective of a player changes depending on who you are rooting for.

When you're down like that, you do what a guy like Morrow and Cooke does. You just become a pest, and hit everything that moves, and jaw a bit. You don't pin guys to the boards, not let them go, and make them fight you. He wasn't going to get a taker. He wasn't even playing the puck. The fact that the refs let him run around attempting to be a bully (which he was wildly unsuccessful at), was stupid. Matt Martin wasn't trying to play hockey, and someone needs to knock him the **** out next game.

In watching games, very few players get under my skin as a fan. Martin does.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
When you're down like that, you do what a guy like Morrow and Cooke does. You just become a pest, and hit everything that moves, and jaw a bit. You don't pin guys to the boards, not let them go, and make them fight you. He wasn't going to get a taker. He wasn't even playing the puck. The fact that the refs let him run around attempting to be a bully (which he was wildly unsuccessful at), was stupid. Matt Martin wasn't trying to play hockey, and someone needs to knock him the **** out next game.

Martin irritates me because he has a rep as a tough guy but he's a massive spot picker.

His fights against the Pens have been against Kennedy, Talbot and Adams.

It wasn't until this year when he actually went with someone on his weight class (Glass) and lost. He's fought Glass twice and lost both, one by TKO.

I was cracking up reading that Flyers fan crowing about how much of a bad ass Martin is, it's laughable.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009

+ Bylsma. He played Bennett. The lines were good. Our PP went 2/4, our PK was perfect. And most importantly, the matchups and plan to shut Tavares down worked perfectly, he didn't even register a shot on goal. Disco's game plan worked.

Some people will hate it because they're irrational.

We have a good coach, and good call on the +.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013

I don't think many people would chirp at him for Game 1 setup, and no one is going to be miffed about execution.

I get frustrated when BB misses games so clearly inferior players can play, but DB got it right here. I've been really happy with what I've been seeing from DB of late.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Certainly. Cannot but be happy with what we got from Bylsma in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad