Sportsnet: No more rebuilding talk: Finally, the future is now for the Senators

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
As it currently stands I don’t see how these are not the pairs for opening night.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Brannstrom- Holden

I see no chance of a Zub and Brannstrom pair given our current depth chart
Yeah that’s what will happen. I don’t think we can possibly play Zaitsev given A. His play last year. B. How hard we are trying to trade him. Can’t really look at Holden or brannstrom with a straight face if we have to tell them they’re scratched for the dude we are frantically trying to trade

Reactions: DJB

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Disagree. Look at the roster, now push the roster out 2 years, same players. What is the salary paid out? It will be greater than the salary cap.

That means that we have completed the rebuild and we are now in the cap management phase.

If we are still rebuilding with more assets still needed and no cap space, how do you add that into the team roster? You can't. The rebuild is done.

You could say we are in the growth phase. Where you have your assets in place and are growing them to their full potential, but Ottawa can ice 80% the same players on 3 years and still be youngish.
If we trade our 1st round picks it's when we know where we'd be picking. I would have still liked to get Jiricek or Nemec but DeBrincat was a great find.

What if we go through injuries and slide down to the bottom of the league?

Reactions: playasRus

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If we trade our 1st round picks it's when we know where we'd be picking. I would have still liked to get Jiricek or Nemec but DeBrincat was a great find.

Can always have a top 5 protection, still gives the trading team hope of a 6-10 pick, saves us from losing a star draft choice.

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022

Injuries can happen to any team. It happened to Ottawa last year and it mostly happened to the top half of the roster.

Toronto lost 26 games played by their top 7 scorers. Avg of 3.5 games. Ottawa lost 102 GP to their top 7 scorers or around 15 per player.

In addition, Ottawa added players to the top 9 forwards and a defenseman to the top 4 on D, so injury insurance was added.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad