No more John Scott or Scott Hannan

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
This.

But the great john Scott is one of my favorite hf board personalities of all time, hope the end of John Scott as a Shark is the not end of that hf account. :laugh:

Hannan is finished at this point. I thought he was finished after last season. He was awesome back in his first tenure as a Shark. He was a little Colin White esque the past two years.

Glad he won't be coming back, wish him the best though. I think he'll be sailing into the sunset, as I think we've seen the last of him in the NHL.

I assure you that I will be going nowhere. John Scott (me) isn't around much during these long offseason months due to my heavy offseason training regiment (binge-drinking and eating Chipotle), but my sole account here on HF is this one. I look forward to brightening your nights this coming season with useless banter and snide backhanded compliments towards this franchise for letting go of such a God among men (John Scott).

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
https://instagram.com/p/4JIQqyIL7x/

jhs_32 Thanks to all the fans in San Jose for a good year. I enjoyed my time there even though we had a tough year on the ice...... At least now I can fight some guys on the team who I didn't really like @bgoodrow @christierney71 @loganc89 @brownbeaut18 @tommywingels @hertlik48 @tikot37 ... Wow I guess I didn't like anybody. #onepunch #bodybags #mutiplegamesuspension #****inbettmen #badteammate

Is this his real instagram account?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
One of the games I went to this last season there were two guys who absolutely love John Scott. Maybe it was a mock loving but it was funny. I'm going to miss that if I go to a game this season. At least Hannan is gone which is great news.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
One of the games I went to this last season there were two guys who absolutely love John Scott. Maybe it was a mock loving but it was funny. I'm going to miss that if I go to a game this season. At least Hannan is gone which is great news.

At the Anaheim @ Sharks game there was an entire 18U team that bought tickets and sat behind me and stood up and cheered for Scott when he stepped on the ice and turned the "Ducks Suck!" chant to "John Scott!"

For me he was the most entertaining player to wear teal since Soupy.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
John Mother****ing Scott said:
jhs_32Thanks to all the fans in San Jose for a good year. I enjoyed my time there even though we had a tough year on the ice...... At least now I can fight some guys on the team who I didn't really like@bgoodrow*@christierney71*@loganc89@brownbeaut18*@tommywingels*@hertlik48@tikot37*... Wow I guess I didn't like anybody.#onepunch*#bodybags*#mutiplegamesuspension#****inbettmen*#badteammate

This is what we'll be missing

This is why he should have been re-signed

I miss you so hard, bro

So goddamn hard

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I don't know about losing Scott. Are the Sharks anticipating a different style of play from the Ducks and Kings? Will Dustin Brown revert back to his head-hunting on the ice (ok, knee hunting)?

As for Irwin, I don't understand what took the Sharks so long. He did not have NHL speed, and he struggled to find it. His lack of speed brought on defensive lapses. DW would have been better scouting around for a defense equivalent of Melker. If one has to roll the dice, roll it with some better odds.

Niemi... average bust for San Jose but alot was riding on his shoulders to make up for the defense. He certainly had to live up to high expectations without one. But, Niemi only had one year of boom, which was a couple of seasons ago. Some poster in another topic here stated that Niemi does not steal games. I thought he did so in that one year.

So here we are with a 1st round pick I not exactly happy with. I would much prefer Werenski, but CBJ forced the Sharks' hand. We have no top tier goalie, but we have been relegated into toting a Stalock-Griess combination as if.

But there is one ray of hope for DW which was the D-trade with Vancouver. Unfortunately, it's not enough so far.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I don't know about losing Scott. Are the Sharks anticipating a different style of play from the Ducks and Kings? Will Dustin Brown revert back to his head-hunting on the ice (ok, knee hunting)?

As for Irwin, I don't understand what took the Sharks so long. He did not have NHL speed, and he struggled to find it. His lack of speed brought on defensive lapses. DW would have been better scouting around for a defense equivalent of Melker. If one has to roll the dice, roll it with some better odds.

Niemi... average bust for San Jose but alot was riding on his shoulders to make up for the defense. He certainly had to live up to high expectations without one. But, Niemi only had one year of boom, which was a couple of seasons ago. Some poster in another topic here stated that Niemi does not steal games. I thought he did so in that one year.

So here we are with a 1st round pick I not exactly happy with. I would much prefer Werenski, but CBJ forced the Sharks' hand. We have no top tier goalie, but we have been relegated into toting a Stalock-Griess combination as if.

But there is one ray of hope for DW which was the D-trade with Vancouver. Unfortunately, it's not enough so far.

If Brown is going to play with Lucic ? Then not a chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad