Blue Jays Discussion: No More AA, Everyone is very Sad (and by Sad, I mean Mad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
18-10 after the deadline. But don't let that get in your way right?

This isn't a Home Away situation.
This is a Skydome (slugger's park) vs Kauffman (small ball park) situation.

2nd half of Regular season Jays were:
1-2 @ Kauffman stadium.
2-1 @ Skydome.

Letting off the gas by Gibbons could have cost us the series against the Royals.
Losing both games to start the series was a hole they couldn't climb out of.
I dont think the Jays go down 2-0 if they had home field advantage.

I'm not complaining in retrospect. I complained at the time.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
ITT: People continue to over-analyze a 6 game series. This is baseball - **** happens in a short series, the worst thing to do is be over-reactive.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
This isn't a Home Away situation.
This is a Skydome (slugger's park) vs Kauffman (small ball park) situation.

2nd half of Regular season Jays were:
1-2 @ Kauffman stadium.
2-1 @ Skydome.

Letting off the gas by Gibbons could have cost us the series against the Royals.
Losing both games to start the series was a hole they couldn't climb out of.
I dont think the Jays go down 2-0 if they had home field advantage.

I'm not complaining in retrospect. I complained at the time.
Ummmm what? We swept the Royals at Kauffman stadium and they swept us at the dome.

Edit: Nvm my memory's playing some weird tricks on me today.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Guys, let's drop it. We are beating a dead horse here. We've discussed it a million times. We didn't get home field, we lost, not much else to discuss

Last edited:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Guys, let's drop it. We are beating a dead horse here. We've discussed it a million times. We didn't get home field, we lost, not much else to discuss

Thank you, Mapes. The season is over so **** off with the "Gibby cost us by not trying for home field" nonsense. We lost, the season is over. Let's discuss the offseason which is sure to be an interesting one rather than whining about home field for the 10,000th time.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Thank you, Mapes. The season is over so **** off with the "Gibby cost us by not trying for home field" nonsense. We lost, the season is over. Let's discuss the offseason which is sure to be an interesting one rather than whining about home field for the 10,000th time.

People have absolutely no clue how bad that team needed those days off, but yes time to move on.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
People need to stop blaming Gibby. If you have issues with Gibby it should be about how he manages bullpen and late innings players subs.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
People have absolutely no clue how bad that team needed those days off, but yes time to move on.

Who needs time off? They should've played on that rainy day in Baltimore. It would've looked so much cooler if this was Tulo rather than Diaz :sarcasm:

blue_jays_orioles_baseball-1.jpg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Having Jose or Edwin, or any player for that matter, slip and injure themselves further would have been great. Certainly worth the risk of home field advantage.. Banged up, slightly hungover, exhaustion from multiple games in a short period of time. It simply wasn't worth it. Seriously stop it with this.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Still worried about our pitching rotation here, without Price we cant compete for the WS, we need a guy like him to at least get us to the playoffs, otherwise were a great field team with an average pitching staff.

also wouldnt mind trading for or picking up one more high-end reliever, just to give a little more depth there. Fielding wise I dont think we need to make any major changes at all!

mikebel111*

Evergtime a team gets Royals hope, they pounce on it
Annoying team to me but I guess that's what good teams do.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
When is ShapIro press conference tomorrow? Should be interesting to see how tries to twist things.

Thanks

He's going to come out and say, they tried to make it work but Alex chose to leave. The responsibility and decision making process was going to be the same as before.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
When is ShapIro press conference tomorrow? Should be interesting to see how tries to twist things.

Thanks

Or maybe he is simply telling the truth. None of us know what happened but apparently Shapiro is the bad guy. I bet you were one of those standard
"fire aa and gibby or seasons over :rant::rant::rant:"
Calling for his head until the deadline came. After that it became
":yo::yo::yo:AA THE BEST GM EVERRRRRRRRRRR:yo::yo::yo::yo:"

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Or maybe he is simply telling the truth. None of us know what happened but apparently Shapiro is the bad guy. I bet you were one of those standard
"fire aa and gibby or seasons over :rant::rant::rant:"
Calling for his head until the deadline came. After that it became
":yo::yo::yo:AA THE BEST GM EVERRRRRRRRRRR:yo::yo::yo::yo:"

You are evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad