GDT: NO MERCY (October 9, 2016) presented by SMACKDOWN -- Title vs. Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I was completely swerved by the Dolph thing...I thought for sure he'd set himself up for media with the Fox News gigs and other projects he'd been doing...I'm glad he's not...I've liked him for the most part...Like Orton, when motivated, he's a hell of a talent...

I didn't think it was a 5* match, but told a good story, and the false finishes were well placed and well done...

Didn't get home in time for the opener...but the rest of the matches were good...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why did Bliss lose? So dumb.

The old school mentality. If a face was scheduled to go over the heel but gets replaced, the face still goes over.

cena/styles/ambrose match was alright. the rest was a snoozefest. miz/ziggler was the best IMO. so many finishers countered knew there was gonna be some outside interference.

The tag title match was most definitely not a snoozefest. The only bad matches were the women's matches last night.

Just watched it.

IC match was awesome.

Pretty much everything else was garbage. Carmella may be the worst performer on the roster, at least for Smackdown (I'm looking at you, Braun Strowman). I basically fastforwarded through a good chunk.

If the talk from LAW is that PPV's have become a watered down product, they couldn't be more right. There are too many, so they're basically just slightly different episodes of RAW unless you're getting one of the big 4.

All just product to sell the network. Pretty unimpressive. Sadly I'm more interested in Raw tomorrow night... and that's saying something.

Triple threat & tag title match were awesome too.

And take that back about Strowman. :rant:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Why did Bliss lose? So dumb.

if they are gonna build a month long TV feud, having Bliss' challenger come out and immediately lose might kill some interest

im not saying I love it, I just dont hate it

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i was confused as hell when the show ended. i miss the first hour. so i thought the title match was comming up next. luckily the replay started immeditly so i could see it.

bray wyatt won. i cant believe it. finally.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He may have been. Erick Rowan had surgery this week so plans changed

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just got done watching No Mercy. Somehow managed to stay away from spoilers all day. Just a couple of quick thoughts.

- It was weird having the show kicked off with the WWEWHC match. Thoroughly enjoyed the match itself though. Was slightly disappointed with finish but still very entertaining.

- That IC title match was everything I love about pro wrestling. The build up of the story the drama surrounding the match and the performance of the two men involved. It was just fantastic.

- Glad that Bray got a much needed big win against Orton and really excited to have one of my favorites in Harper back. Now the WWE needs to not screw this up by giving Orton a win back at the next PPV. Build Wyatt up and let him challenge for the championship. Once the 3 man angle of Styles, Ambrose and Cena finishes up they are going to need some new blood at the top and would rather it be Wyatt than Orton at this point.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Give this Ppv around a 7 out of 10.A couple of weaker matches prevented a higher grade. Enjoyed the first match and intercontinental match. Even enjoyed the rhyno Slater tag team match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Give this Ppv around a 7 out of 10.A couple of weaker matches prevented a higher grade. Enjoyed the first match and intercontinental match. Even enjoyed the rhyno Slater tag team match.

I'm not sure I would go that high. It really shows the problem with SDs roster.

The two title matches were excellent, but the rest of the card was between meh and terrible.

Maybe 5/10 solely on the two singles titles matches.

Tag match was fine. Corbin/Swagger was terrible and pointless. Naomi/Bliss was awful. Bray/Randy was boring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Cena thing is setting up for him to go over Styles and give him a 'huge' moment that even though his image with the IWC has been rehabbed, likely won't be received as well as Vince thinks it will.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Marked for Ziggler's rough Ryder.

I thought he was going to go full Omega @ G1 and bust out a few more finishers from his past programs/affiliations, like an Ankle Lock (Swagger), Cross Arm Breaker (ADR) before shenanigans with The Spirit Squad and then finishing it off with a Superkick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Cena thing is setting up for him to go over Styles and give him a 'huge' moment that even though his image with the IWC has been rehabbed, likely won't be received as well as Vince thinks it will.

I like Cena, but I don't need another Cena title reign ever again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I can't believe it was a chair shot that ended the title match....

I actually liked it. AJ decided he had enough, brought in a chair (since its no DQ) and put an end to this match. Heel tactics to win is always okay in my books. AJ still put on a good match so doesn't come off as a chump imo.

I'm assuming AJ vs Dean for SS? then against someone else for TLC. Unless they really make the SD vs RAW SS tag match a big thing and fill it with star power and the face that runs the place

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Cena wins the title tying Flair
Big moment
AJ is preoccupied with Dean perhaps
Cue the Revenge of Bray Wyatt on Cena, ready to take out the machine that is John Cena ?

A man can dream

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I actually liked it. AJ decided he had enough, brought in a chair (since its no DQ) and put an end to this match. Heel tactics to win is always okay in my books. AJ still put on a good match so doesn't come off as a chump imo.

I'm assuming AJ vs Dean for SS? then against someone else for TLC. Unless they really make the SD vs RAW SS tag match a big thing and fill it with star power and the face that runs the place

I think Survivor Series will have Smackdown's top matches be Styles vs. Ambrose III and Team Miz vs. Team Bryan/Ziggler.

- WWE World Title: Styles vs. Ambrose.

- Team Miz (Miz, Usos, FaBreeze) vs. Team Ziggler/Bryan (Ziggler, Alpha, Slater & Rhyno).

- Harper (w/Wyatt) vs. Orton.

as Smackdown's three matches for the show. A few from Raw, Lesnar vs. Goldberg (assuming it happens here and not at the Rumble) and a few on the pre-show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Unless they plan to drag this Orton/Wyatt feud until December I don't see Harper/Orton happening at SS.

I think it's going as long as Ambrose is in the title picture. With Ambrose not being pinned and being a part of a submission which made the champ tap last night, plus Orton losing to Wyatt with Harper's return last night, it's safe to assume that Ambrose challenges for the title and Orton keeps working with Wyatt and Harper at Survivor Series.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't need a Raw vs. SD. We haven't had a brand split long enough to make me want to see them go head to head

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I really don't get why people get so hung up on this 'main event' stuff.

Yeah the show was out of order for a usual show, but there's a logical explanation for why (not matter if you agree with it or not), and that's all there is to it.

It's not like there haven't been countless shows in the history of everywhere where the main event wasn't last. And there has also been countless shows that have multiple main events. The entire idea that the last match is the one and only main event is fundamentally flawed to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad