GDT: NO MERCY (October 9, 2016) presented by SMACKDOWN -- Title vs. Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Any form of The Undertaker's gimmick from the 90s would look like **** with today's booking, to be honest. Wyatt is a gem.

It isn't the same though. The feuds were garbage monster of the week feuds, and they absolutely sucked.

The big thing was Taker always went over in the end. The only times he didn't it was because he was taking time off, and he came back in a big super natural angle and went over in the end. Winning when you have the super cool mysterious gimmick is everything.

Bray never goes over in the end so he has zero credibility and it destroys his whole gimmick. If they did this to Taker he would of never made it to the Attitude era.

They had Taker beat Hogan for the title in his first year. They haven't given Bray anything remotely close to this. It isn't Bray's fault, but it has undermined his gimmick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dave isn't sure what is up with Goldberg, but if it happens the timing is to sell 2K17 for the Thanksgiving weekend.

He isn't sure that the Mania Brock opponent is Shane, but it is possible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dave hasn't heard if the women are main eventing HIAC, but thinks it would be a good idea and could happen.

He did confirm the plan was to put them in the cell, and most likely still is the plan.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Pretty good PPV. Triple Threat was match of the night for me

Ziggler/Miz was basically the exact same match from Backlash till the finish. Also 3 failed attempts at the rope power bomb thing my Miz. It was a good match but not worth 5 stars.

I also kind of wanted Miz to win so someone could take it off him at WM

Wyatt won a match!!!

...but Bliss lost a match...

so... 50/50

Also AJ is the best thing in WWE

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alvarez says that as of a week ago, Ziggler was scheduled to lose tonight. It was reported previously that WWE had a producer role lined up for Ziggler backstage.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"The last thing I want is for Dean Ambrose to win that title and be bad again." - Bryan

"He was a lazy full-timer." - Vinny

Pretty much.

Oct 18, 2011
Alvarez says that as of a week ago, Ziggler was scheduled to lose tonight. It was reported previously that WWE had a producer role lined up for Ziggler backstage.

wwe could have easily been planting that info out there, or maybe ziggler will really retire soon, just not right now

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I only saw the opening match (which was great) until I had to go out. Sounds like I Missed a fun show, really want to see that Miz/Ziggler match. I saw a clip of the Harper return on Twitter and the crowd reaction was great.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Too much complaining about the match order. Maybe cause I fast forwarded through the show and watched what I wanted after the Jays game, but I wasn't bothered by it. Show kicked off with a banger, that triple threat match wasn't boring for even a second. Only thing sort of lame was the finish. AJ should've Styles Clash'd Cena on the steel chair or something after hitting him. Happy he retained.

I also think Miz/Ziggler was 5*. If Big Dave is gonna give Punk/Cena 5* basically just because of the build and the moment, this is 5* no doubt. Had an awesome build throughout and the match actually ****ing delivered in a big way. The Punk/Cena match is pretty unwatchable if you go back to it now without the build. Miz/Ziggler was a great wrestling match and the crowd was hot with all the false finishes. Happy for Dolph, I hope they follow through with him now and don't give him ****** booking again. I'll have to go back and watch Nakamura/Zayn again before I can say which is the MOTY so far. Maybe good to not have this match last - do it while the crowd is alive.

Only watched the last few minutes of Orton/Wyatt cause I still find Orton boring as ****. Elated to have Luke Harper back, amidst all the talk that he was going to Raw.

Thikki Bella looked great.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dat pop for Harper. I have no idea what was the bigger pop tonight: Styles entrance, Ziggler's win or Harper's return.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Just watched it.

IC match was awesome.

Pretty much everything else was garbage. Carmella may be the worst performer on the roster, at least for Smackdown (I'm looking at you, Braun Strowman). I basically fastforwarded through a good chunk.

If the talk from LAW is that PPV's have become a watered down product, they couldn't be more right. There are too many, so they're basically just slightly different episodes of RAW unless you're getting one of the big 4.

All just product to sell the network. Pretty unimpressive. Sadly I'm more interested in Raw tomorrow night... and that's saying something.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Dat pop for Harper. I have no idea what was the bigger pop tonight: Styles entrance, Ziggler's win or Harper's return.

I just don't get it. Luke Harper gets a pop. He's a meaningless cog in the "Wyatt Family" which has been booked into oblivion. They pulled the same ***** when he appeared out of the crowd in a hoodie last year at Battleground. They're getting just lazy.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Just watched it.

IC match was awesome.

Pretty much everything else was garbage. Carmella may be the worst performer on the roster, at least for Smackdown (I'm looking at you, Braun Strowman). I basically fastforwarded through a good chunk.

If the talk from LAW is that PPV's have become a watered down product, they couldn't be more right. There are too many, so they're basically just slightly different episodes of RAW unless you're getting one of the big 4.

All just product to sell the network. Pretty unimpressive. Sadly I'm more interested in Raw tomorrow night... and that's saying something.
The triple threat was not garbage or anything close to it.

Oct 18, 2011
Just watched it.

IC match was awesome.

creatively.....wwe would be sooooo much better off with like 6 PPV's per year. You wouldn't have to recycle so many matchups, you could actually build stories....they are going to further burn out the audience and maybe even divide it. smackdown fans may not even bother with raw on ppv weeks, and same the other way. i get they want network subscribers but eventually it's just too much

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
cena/styles/ambrose match was alright. the rest was a snoozefest. miz/ziggler was the best IMO. so many finishers countered knew there was gonna be some outside interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad