No love for Cowen

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Just needed somewhere to rant and rave about missing Cowen.
For all the talk this year about the Sens missing their "key" players, we hear little to nothing about the Major loss of Jared Cowen. Reading this from TSN was my breaking point for some reason.
Key Injuries: C Jason Spezza (back), D Erik Karlsson (Achilles), LW Milan Michalek (knee), LW Guillaume Latendresse (whiplash), G Craig Anderson (ankle).
Really!? Latendresse is a "key" injury but not Cowen? I mean the guy only averaged 18:54 TOI last year but thats easily replaceable right?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
It may just be that they don't consider him a key injury to "this year's" team since he was out before the season even started...

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
It may just be that they don't consider him a key injury to "this year's" team since he was out before the season even started...

I thought about that but Im sure I think I saw Lundin on this list earlier?
Im guessing everyone just forgot about the guy......maybe he'll be eligible for rookie of the year next year ;)

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Probably because he didn't make it to an NHL game this season and was in the AHL during his injury.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
.....not like he played 82 games in the NHL the year before with top 4 minutes. That would be the same as RNH getting injured pre-season and not counting towards 'key player' status

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
yeah, i was expecting a monster™ season from cowen. at the start of the season i was thinking we were a cowen away from being an excellent team, then the other injuries hit. if the team does well this year, we have all the more reason to be excited for next season when a fully healed (fingers crossed) karlsson, spezza, and cowen are all back.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Cowen was a huge loss for this team, he hit, he blocked shots, he was huge with a large wing span, he was physical, could play against any line & could drop the gloves. We could really use him now. :shakehead

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Agree with OP - it is a little irksome that Cowen has been pretty much forgotten in comparison to Spezza, Karlsson, etc...

That said, cool - let other teams and people forget about him and next year when we miraculously have another top 4 D man that really stabilizes our 2nd pairing we can be the surprise team yet again.

Even I forget him because he has been gone for so long...if Wiercioch puts in another big summer of training he could assert himself more defensively while moving the puck well...things are quite bright on the back-end and that has to be a pleasant surprise to most Senators fans.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Cowen does get underrated outside of our fan base. Hell, half the people spell it Cowan, you know…after Jeff Cowan, that super scrub tough guy.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I long, long ago stopped caring what the Toronto Sports Network has to say (or not say) about my team.

And real Sens fans have never forgotten about Cowen.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cowen will be the most important player on this team after Karlsson, Spezza and Anderson/Lehner.

He is so underrated and you have no idea how unbelievably psyched I was when I watched the opening Bingo games. He was absolutely destructive and on a whole other level.

I'm praying we get him back for the playoff drive.

I too cringed when they never said Cowen. He's a top 4 on every team.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
They don't list him because he is not on the Sens Roster. He was assigned to Bingo, got injured there and he was not called up. Technically he is still in the AHL. If TSN was reporting on all the injuries to Sens players who played on the team last year then Hoffman would be included also. The things that get people upset about around here is astounding.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
They don't list him because he is not on the Sens Roster. He was assigned to Bingo, got injured there and he was not called up. Technically he is still in the AHL. If TSN was reporting on all the injuries to Sens players who played on the team last year then Hoffman would be included also. The things that get people upset about around here is astounding.

Came here to post this... Some of the butthurt around here... Sheesh, not everything is a conspiracy against our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad