Post-Game Talk: No Gulutzan turned out to be even worse than we expected.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Ya I’m f***ing pissed, I’m way past being upset

this is the third time this team is being driven into the ground in the last decade by old cucks who got gifted the job on some technicality bobby boy seems fit

and all fans seem to do is make excuses for them and are blind to the results

I’m with you on the frustration, and I have to remind myself this a lot, but you should only worry about the things you can control.

The most we can do as fans that might enact some change is stop supporting the team financially or try some sort of billboard campaign or something to embarrass ownership. They don’t really give a toss what we say here on on social media. And honestly, those two things have limited impact. Stopping the financial support is probably the most effective way of saying you want change

Reactions: TB12

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
the audacity of Davey boy to say goaltending has to be better makes me honestly question this hockey IQ

you dipshit, you chose to sign a 40 year old smith to live on IR because he’s your illegitimate son or something and then blame a helpless Koskinen, who we all know is not good enough, after running him into the ground.

Holland deserves to get fired for having a goaltending tandem like this for 2 years and thinking it was serviceable.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I’m with you on the frustration, and I have to remind myself this a lot, but you should only worry about the things you can control.

The most we can do as fans that might enact some change is stop supporting the team financially or try some sort of billboard campaign or something to embarrass ownership. They don’t really give a toss what we say here on on social media. And honestly, those two things have limited impact. Stopping the financial support is probably the most effective way of saying you want change
I haven’t bought a single piece of merch since the Hawks embarrassment in the bubble and lord knows I’ve wanted to and haven’t been to a game since then either

You’re completely right though, I’m beyond frustrated and need to focus on things only I can control

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I know it's Evolving Wild, but this really shows why it's hilarious when people say McDrai are the issue with this team. McLeod is pretty much the only non-McDrai linemate that isn't a replacement level player or worse right now.

P.S. Get rid of Barrie ASAP.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
After the Oilers lost game 2 against the Jets last year I gave up on their chances of advancing. Game 3 was a f***in' lol. Classic Oilers.
The weird thing with me is losing game 2 made me a lot angrier than game 3. I barely showed any emotion when we blew our lead in game 3 because some how I knew that as soon as we lost game 2 the playoffs were over for us anyway. I knew we weren't coming back in that series.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The weird thing with me is losing game 2 made me a lot angrier than game 3. I barely showed any emotion when we blew our lead in game 3 because some how I knew that as soon as we lost game 2 the playoffs were over for us anyway. I knew we weren't coming back in that series.
Oh yeah, that loss was devastating. Even if they didn't gag away game 3 it wouldn't have mattered. I called series over after game 2.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I haven’t bought a single piece of merch since the Hawks embarrassment in the bubble and lord knows I’ve wanted to and haven’t been to a game since then either

You’re completely right though, I’m beyond frustrated and need to focus on things only I can control

It’s a lot easier said than done, to be fair. I’ve had to remind myself of this a lot the last couple years, and far beyond just my personal reactions to hockey of course.

Reactions: KlefDown

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've pretty much lost all emotional attachment to the team. It's just entertainment now and it's probably why I barely make it through a period of each game since the Oilers product is horrible to watch about 99% of the time.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh yeah, that loss was devastating. Even if they didn't gag away game 3 it wouldn't have mattered. I called series over after game 2.

That one was terribad, Winnipeg one was probably even worse for me, I think I knew by about the middle of the 1st period of that series we had no chance.

Winnipeg was not "cooperating" and playing loosey goosey hockey like the regular season and we were in deep shit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm switched back into just amused mode. Laughing at how the team is run, managed. Its interesting how automatic that transition feels by now. Its like an automatic transmission seamlessly shifting gears. We've had to do it so many times as Oilers fans preserving our remaining give a shit. I'm getting lots of sarcastic out of town likes as well so must be some shift happening.

Even a week or two ago I was still a daydream believer. or wanted to be.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The worst part about this Tweet is that Dave Tippett is still the coach…

also, my neighbour says we are the Cleveland Browns of hockey. What does that mean?

It means we will suck forever no matter who we draft or trade for.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've pretty much lost all emotional attachment to the team. It's just entertainment now and it's probably why I barely make it through a period of each game since the Oilers product is horrible to watch about 99% of the time.
We are a highlight team. you watch everything you need in the highlights the next day

Reactions: Kerberos

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The way the MSM is absolutely carving Koskinen today is so embarrassing and entirely predictable. Smith has been just as bad the last few years and they never have a word to say to him. Holland and Tipp have gutted this team and Spec, Jones and Matty all have the knives out for Koskinen and nobody else. He hasn't been good, but what a joke.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm switched back into just amused mode. Laughing at how the team is run, managed. Its interesting how automatic that transition feels by now. Its like an automatic transmission seamlessly shifting gears. We've had to do it so many times as Oilers fans preserving our remaining give a shit. I'm getting lots of sarcastic out of town likes as well so must be some shift happening.

Even a week or two ago I was still a daydream believer. or wanted to be.
I just hate how all the analytics guys, the negative guys and everyone was right about this team. I wanted to believe the winning was sustainable even though the numbers said otherwise.
I hated that I KNEW this was coming and this team was way worse than the record showed but so many refused to see it.
But I mean, I enjoyed the winning when it happened.

As Yaremchuk keeps saying. When Ken Holland took over he needed a top 4 left d, a 3c and a starting goalie. We still need that.
Although McLeod might actually be becoming that 3c

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Same.

makes me happy to know I’m not the only one

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The way the MSM is absolutely carving Koskinen today is so embarrassing and entirely predictable. Smith has been just as bad the last few years and they never have a word to say to him. Holland and Tipp have gutted this team and Spec, Jones and Matty all have the knives out for Koskinen and nobody else. He hasn't been good, but what a joke.
Smith was one of the best goalies in the league last year, that buys you a bunch of rope.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hope not. I want to get rid of this thing.

Bob did say the upcoming break could make it easier to replace the coach if that's what the Oilers are doing. He also was critical of Tippett for how soft the Oilers have become over the last month.

Rob Brown said that last night as well and it makes sense. That said, no coach is going to suddenly make Mike Smith 10 years younger and Koskinen able to stop a beach ball. Holland needs to get a goalie. That said....the Oilers play an emotionless, passionless, passive game and that is on coaching. This team has so many warts that it feels we are back in 2018 again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00