News Article: No guarantee, but Berube confident he'll return as Flyers coach

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
No guarantee, but Berube confident he'll return as Flyers coach

Berube was asked if he felt his chances were good that he would return.

"I'm confident, but I don't really think about it," he said after the morning skate Thursday at the Wells Fargo Center. "I've told you guys before, there's no sense worrying about things like that. I just do my job, enjoy my job. It's unfortunate where we're at right now, for sure."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...e_confident_he_ll_return_as_Flyers_coach.html

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
If he stays, I don't think I'm gonna pay for the NHL package to watch the games next season... :shakehead

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
You can believe if he's coach they won't have me watching or going to any games, enough is enough, he's not a real nhl coach nor does he deserve another season, he has shown inability to make REAL coaching decisions

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
My flyers rep calls or emails me about renewing for 15-16 like every week and my response has consistently been I will when berube is fired. If he's here then I won't spend a dime on this organization next year. Having season tickets was a dream growing up but I'm just not going to spend thousands to watch this idiot attempt coach a professional organization. It's an insult to me as hockey fan knowing that 3/4 of the Wells Fargo center stands could do a better job as a coach. Give me Riley cote at this point, I honestly don't see how he could do much worse.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
These words have no weight to them. He said what he is supposed to say.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
My flyers rep calls or emails me about renewing for 15-16 like every week and my response has consistently been I will when berube is fired. If he's here then I won't spend a dime on this organization next year. Having season tickets was a dream growing up but I'm just not going to spend thousands to watch this idiot attempt coach a professional organization. It's an insult to me as hockey fan knowing that 3/4 of the Wells Fargo center stands could do a better job as a coach. Give me Riley cote at this point, I honestly don't see how he could do much worse.

I agree with ya man. :yo:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
its a growing trend...

i said the same thing months ago..

if Berube is back... im out till hes gone..

i'l just find something else to do, and spend that money elsewere..

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
its a growing trend...

i said the same thing months ago..

if Berube is back... im out till hes gone..

i'l just find something else to do, and spend that money elsewere..

After all these years I finally made the trip to Philly for flyers and Eagles and hope to make it an annual trip, I won't be doing it again until he's gone. Even met him at Eagles tailgate party and he was a dick

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Man, you guys are dramatic. :laugh:

I'd be annoyed if he's back, but I wouldn't stop watching because of it... especially as some type of futile, nonexistant protest.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I usually buy center ice or gamecenter and I didn't this year because I knew we weren't going to be very good and berube would make them worse than they should be. I just didn't feel like spending a couple hundred dollars on something i knew would not be entertaining to watch.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

I'd be annoyed if he's back, but I wouldn't stop watching because of it... especially as some type of futile, nonexistant protest.

Not a protest for me, I will still get CI and watch every game, just won't invest $3,000 to see his product in person.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh, I see. I just assumed since I've seen a bunch of people say they're doing it as a protest as if them choosing not to watch will be some big blow to the team and team them a lesson or something. :laugh:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Oh, I see. I just assumed since I've seen a bunch of people say they're doing it as a protest as if them choosing not to watch will be some big blow to the team and team them a lesson or something. :laugh:

I'm down in TX. I only get the tv package to watch the Flyers. As the other guy stated about his money for the tickets - I probably won't bother either if they keep Berube.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015

Agreed. I'd bet hardly any of you will stop watching... Not that I don't empathize with your suffering ;).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I already stopped watching games to an extent this season because of Berube. Not as a protest, but because watching a team give up one bad PP goal after another and struggle to move the puck and score ES goals is not fun to watch.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I don't see him having much of a chance at all to be back. There are too many quality coaches out there for him to coach one of the more better teams out there every season.

I won't stop watching the games with him back, but this season was sure boring. I am not the biggest fan of taking all the emotions away and playing penalty free. I like structure but you have to have energy too.

canada14

Feb 13, 2015
I don't mind Chief, I definitely won't stop watching if he's back, but he will absolutely be fired. Snider wants to win now and something has to change with this team. Losing 12 games in a row to non playoffs team is indefensible, it means the team is unprepared or not playing to potential. There will be a lot of good-great coaches available in the offseason. The group of high end players should make us a some what desirable destination, but if they want a top end coach, it's going to have to be a big dollar contract. Hextall will get to choose a coach that matches his plan for the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad