Post-Game Talk: No Goals In My Net And Miracles Of The PP... (Isles 0-4 Habs)

POGT? (21/03/2019)

• Total voters

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Columbus with their 5th straight road loss
The torts post game presser had a lot less fireworks than I would have predicted.

They have not benefitted from the acquisitions but they are still in the mix. If they don't make it, yikes!

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I still think my Habs don't make it. But props to them for not letting it go so easily. Gotta like their efforts.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Surprised we won 4-0 but SHOCKED the Oil won

Duchene is looking like the new Vanek, teams are better off without him

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I voted Thompson merely for that PK. Totally could have been a huge momentum changer for the Isles but Nate went out to dominate that kill

I voted Thompson as well. He was a beast out there last night. If the Islanders scored on those PP's in the 1st period, the game could of been much different.

Thompson had a 5 minute span of brilliance!

Weal also made a sick sneaky pass to Armia for the first goal.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
RNH is one guy I really wanted the Habs to get last summer. I feel like he would really do well in the East and he certainly brings more offense than Danault.

Agreed. The Oilers are in cap trouble. I think they would accept that swap with an add from Montreal.

Only issue is he’s bad at faceoffs which would be missed from Danault. But RNH isn’t a non-factor offensively like Phil.

Reactions: donghabs98

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This upcoming week is huge. Not only because we play two teams we are chasing but because they are the games the Habs have the best shot in. Even if Tampa or Toronto or Washington rest some guys, they will give us real trouble and Winnipeg will likely be out for revenge after we took them to the woodshed last time.
Yep. Those last five games are going to be really hard.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If we beat them this Sunday, we most certainly are in the 1st wild card conversation

They have a pretty tough schedule i find.

Minnesota. On the outside of the playoffs - and they never miss. I think they're going to be very tough down the stretch, and i expect them to win.
Montreal
Washington (Washington doing great lately)
Washington
Philly
Pittsburgh (playing great lately)
Toronto
NJ
Philly

I think they could lose the Minnesota game, the 2 washington games and Pitt. Philly i'd say 50/50, so maybe win 1 lose 1. And let's be optimistic and say habs beat them. That's potential of only 3-4 victories to finish season. Puts them around 93-95 points

Habs have:

Buffalo (beatable)
Carolina (let's be optimistic and say we win)
Florida (beatable)
Columbus (important game - winnable?)
Winnipeg
Tampa (end of season - will they rest players)
Washington (end of season - will they rest players)
Toronto (end of season - will they rest players)

I like our chances in our schedule.

I think we can easily win 5 of those games. I know I just said Washington might beat Carolina twice, but then lose to us. But Washington plays Carolina early, while Caps still trying to seal off #1. By the time we play them towards end, they might be safely in #1 and trying to rest some players. Toronto/Tampa may do the same, so 1 of those 3 matches (or more) could be slightly easier. I could see us ending up with 95 points by the end.

Columbus:

Vancouver (winable)
NYI (probably lose)
Habs
Nashville (Nashville is better and needs to finish strong - i think Nashville wins)
Buffalo (winable)
Boston (boston should win)
NYR (winable)
Ottawa (winable)

If we beat Columbus - that gives them 4 wins in 8, or around 92 points.

All just guesswork of course - but i like our chances.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Minnesota. On the outside of the playoffs - and they never miss. I think they're going to be very tough down the stretch, and i expect them to win.
Montreal
Washington
Philly
Toronto
NJ
Philly

I think they could lose the Minnesota game, the 2 washington games and Pitt. Philly i'd say 50/50, so maybe win 1 lose 1. And let's be optimistic and say habs beat them. That's potential of only 3-4 victories to finish season. Puts them around 93-95 points

Habs have:

Buffalo (beatable)
Florida (beatable)
Winnipeg

I think we can easily win 5 of those games. I know I just said Washington might beat Carolina twice, but then lose to us. But Washington plays Carolina early, while Caps still trying to seal off #1. By the time we play them towards end, they might be safely in #1 and trying to rest some players. Toronto/Tampa may do the same, so 1 of those 3 matches (or more) could be slightly easier. I could see us ending up with 95 points by the end.

Columbus:

Vancouver (winable)
NYI (probably lose)
Habs
Nashville (Nashville is better and needs to finish strong - i think Nashville wins)
Buffalo (winable)
NYR (winable)
Ottawa (winable)

There is simply no easy game and the teams out of the playoffs are playing loose with less pressure. I think the back to back games on back to back nights is a bigger factor.

One thing we learned about the Habs this year is we are resilient. They are healthy and if they play sound D in front of Price, they got a shot in every game.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed. The Oilers are in cap trouble. I think they would accept that swap with an add from Montreal.

Only issue is he’s bad at faceoffs which would be missed from Danault. But RNH isn’t a non-factor offensively like Phil.

Oilers will be hesitant to make any major moves IMO. But I do agree, they are in cap trouble and their ability to improve is limited. I think they explore options to unload Lucic but that will be difficult with his NMC and how his contract is not buy out friendly

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
If we're in the first wild card spot do we play Washington or will it always be Tampa?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Montreal
Washington
Philly
Toronto
NJ
Philly

Habs have:

Buffalo (beatable)
Florida (beatable)
Winnipeg

Columbus:

Vancouver (winable)
NYI (probably lose)
Habs
Buffalo (winable)
NYR (winable)
Ottawa (winable)

The next 4 games will be more than important cause i don't like Habs chances if it goes down to the last couples of games of the season mainly because we faced tough teams and Columbus are facing easier team.

On a positive note our games against Florida and Tampa will be the 2nd game in a back to back for them.

But let's not put the Hurricanes out of reach either.
They are facing the Wild and the Habs this week-end on a back to back.
Then they are facing Washington twice in a row.
Then another back to back with the Flyers and the Pens to end the season against Toronto, Devils and Flyers.

Not exactly an easy schedule.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we're in the first wild card spot do we play Washington or will it always be Tampa?

1st wild card spot gets the Metro division winner and stays in the Metro bracket (if they move past the 1st round). Last wild card spot will get the Lightning and stay in Atlantic bracket. Lightning have the 1st seed locked in place and will face the last wild card spot.

If we are able to get the 1st wild card spot and go on a magical run... Caps, Pens, and then one of the Lightning, Bruins, Leafs. Dreaming big is an understatement

Reactions: Redux91

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Love watching Victor Mete......he can fly, did make one bad pass but hes so fast he can recover quickly......kids going to be pretty mint for years to come!
Pretty sure hed give Byron a run for his money in a foot race. Thought I hit the fast forward button when he went for that rush in the second

Reactions: CHarlie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2