Confirmed with Link: No Captain This Season : Markov, Plekanec, Pacioretty & Subban Assistants

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
excellent. Galchenyuk will be this team's captain one day. book it.

Galchenyuk will be the habs best player this year, and top 10 in the league by year's end. book it.

Galchenyuk will be more than a ppg this year. book it.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Great decision! Also glad to see that Gionta and Gorges aren't part of our leadership group no more...this team is starting to look real good now.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
They will alternate A's like that till half of season and then give the C to the one of those guys, the one who stood out the most as a leader.

I'm pretty sure it's the strategy, win-win for the team and the individual.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
That photo tho. Patch and Subban look happy, Pleks looks concerned and Markov just looks like an aging, bald mr bean.

I think that was pretty much the consensus top 4.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
It's funny seeing the enthusiastic response here among other places, and then looking over at RDS.ca...

27xo3ts.jpg

Way to go, amateurs.

Edit for non-Frenchies :

"An already impopular decision : Our experts Gaston Therien and some other shmuck react (they actually mindlessly whine about how "we can't do things like everyone else and have 1C 2As"... probably because there's no leaders in the room, according to them) to the nomination of 4 As instead of one "true" captain."

I'm so glad they're finally having competition. ****ing clowns.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
An American, Czech, Russian, and a Canadian. Almost like the U.N., by committee, international committee. Best things really. How come the Europeans never smile.

Maybe that's what is left, unconsciously, from the communist area. They subconsciously think they're being spied...

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
No problem with that. You don't need a C to be a leader

But you presumably need to be a leader to wear the C. That's also the message being sent by this decision. It's the right decision for this particular lineup but this group doesn't exactly fill one with confidence.

This team will be led by a scared, inconsistent power forward, a defenseman who has matured but, not so long ago, was a coach headache and a Russian mime.

It's not catastrophic, but the Habs certainly need to address the leadership void on this team sooner or later.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don't mind this. It's gonna come down to Patch and PK anyway, it's just seeing who emerges this year as a true leader.

It just goes to show that they want someone for the long haul if they didn't really feel comfortable giving it to Plek or Markov. Good choice.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
A typically conservative decision, but not the worst idea in the world, IMO.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Pretty indecisive. You should know who these players are and what they are all about by now.

It basically also eliminates Pleks and Markov from the running.

firewagon77*

Look who has the biggest smile in the picture the guy who just signed for 9 million per year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I like Therrien's respect for Price. Goalies can be leaders and Price is definitely the calming center of the team.
My guess is that he would've been named captain if not for being a goalie. He seems to carry a lot of respect in that dressing room.

The four guys they chose were the right ones in my opinion. And I don't think this is a bad move. They can pick a captain next year.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
But you presumably need to be a leader to wear the C. That's also the message being sent by this decision. It's the right decision for this particular lineup but this group doesn't exactly fill one with confidence.

This team will be led by a scared, inconsistent power forward, a defenseman who has matured but, not so long ago, was a coach headache and a Russian mime.

It's not catastrophic, but the Habs certainly need to address the leadership void on this team sooner or later.

Don't underestimate the signing of Malhotra who's been describe as an absolute leader everywhere he has played. But I agree Habs will need someone in the top 9 sooner than later.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Further to what I said above too, you've gotta think that this might push one of the vets out by the end of the year. When they finally do name a captain, they're not just gonna tell Patches or PK they can't wear a letter anymore and expect everything to go back to normal.

But hey, maybe not and they'll just keep alternating an A between two guys. Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad