Confirmed with Link: No Captain This Season : Markov, Plekanec, Pacioretty & Subban Assistants

PricePkPatch*

Hold the presses!

Ron Fournier is going to officially say why PK shouldnt have said captain. The absolute argument.

Right after the commercial break on 98,5

PricePkPatch*

All right. Basicallt, he just saying that he doesnt want Subban to risk doing a repeat of Phaneuf: the combined pressure of a new contract with the C might not have been a good thing.

Also saying that its better not to have a Captain than swapping captain after a year because you chose wrong. Nobody wants to become like the Sens.

Saintpatrick*

Was listening to Dandenault, Fichaud and Ciccone yesterday, about Subban. They all claimed he was lacking maturity on the ice and off the ice. That he was too reckless, too selfish, and that he was taking too many risks on the ice... etc. etc.

I didn't know Dandenault was that stupid. I knew Ciccone wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and that Fichaud wasn't all that clever, but I didn't know Dandenault could go that low.

They then proceeded to say Karlsson was ready to be Ottawa's leader, without bringing up the same "on-ice risks" factor.

I guess that's what happens when you get an era represented by guys like Martin, Gauthier and Gionta as the faces of your franchise. You get to the point where you want someone as boring and colourless as possible to represent your team.

A scrub defenseman, a goon and a career backup could only hope to have as much talent as Subban when they played. What they say doesn't really matter.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A scrub defenseman, a goon and a career backup could only hope to have as much talent as Subban when they played. What they say doesn't really matter.

The over-commercialization of the Habs is starting to show up everywhere.
More and more panels filled with fewer good hockey minds.
Watch the game on RDS hoping to get a good observation out of Marc Denis.
Tune in to AC hoping Vinny is on the panel as he is somewhat coherent.
God know what goes on over the radio waves and what TVA will ultimately be spewing.

Honestly there are far more astute people here when their fandom doesn't get in the way...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd like to see a C on that famous jersey. Plekanec likely as he should be as good as a Koivu or Carbonneau. Bergs must see something, didn't want to put extra pressure on him or something. Or trade coming later in year, didn't want to trade another captain. PK be long term captain after that big contract, and his performance on ice and leadership ability

PricePkPatch*

Habs need a captain who have a.strong relation with the media...

[Yt]F2yWDg4WuKU[/MEDIA]

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs need a captain who have a.strong relation with the media...

[Yt]F2yWDg4WuKU[/MEDIA]

Absolutely...
Delayed 1yr is all. This is PK's team.
If he continues to grow on the ice (which he should).
He just needs to avoid beating on women or taking a switch to Malcom and the job is his. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad