No bargin bin signings?

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Aren’t you only allowed to go 10 percent over the cap in the off-season? Not sure if LTIR is
included in that.
Maybe once Murray has been resolved there will be some as others have suggested close to camp.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There are a number of intriguing names still available, that will be low dollar contracts, but there is also a World Junior 2018 cloud that needs to be clarified at this point.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There are a number of intriguing names still available, that will be low dollar contracts, but there is also a World Junior 2018 cloud that needs to be clarified at this point.

A lot of those intriguing names would have no connection to that.

Like Pius Suter
Paul Statsny
Tomas Tatar
Josh Bailey

Max Comtois would but most wouldn't

Reactions: SprDaVE

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Aren’t you only allowed to go 10 percent over the cap in the off-season? Not sure if LTIR is
included in that.
Maybe once Murray has been resolved there will be some as others have suggested close to camp.
Therein lies the current problem as the yes there is a 10% overage slush fund in the off season so on 83,500,000 cap ceiling that is $8.35 mi

1689426448213.png

1689426600827.png

Leafs have already exceeded the slush fund and now into LTIR overage already..

Leafs need to dump $3.2 mil in contracts once Muzz goes on LTIR to be cap compliant or resolve that via signing Sammy and dumping Murray.

So Leafs aren't in a postion presently to be taking any flyers on players, as Treliving is still trying to work himself through the mess he inherited.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
A lot of those intriguing names would have no connection to that.

Like Pius Suter
Paul Statsny
Tomas Tatar
Josh Bailey

Max Comtois would but most wouldn't

Stastny and Tatar aren’t likely signing League min contracts though, so that kind of disqualified them from the premise of this thread. They aren’t dumpster diving.

Cal Foote is also part of the 2018 cloud, that would have some interest.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I think the cap situation is holding things up. You're going to see a few sub $1m signings once Murray is dealt with.

I'm fairly sure that Josh Bailey will be a Leaf before the season starts to name 1 player.

Reactions: Menzinger

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Working on signing some bargain bin discard should be a very low priority. There's two star players to extend, the lone serviceable experienced NHL goalie to sign, the Matt Murray contract albatross to jettison, searches for a defense upgrade, summer camps and possible front office changes for the upcoming season.

And I'll state it explicitly again: this Al Bundy crap is about undermining the new GM. It's a classic subversion tactic. Those of you seeking stability with the team and the discussion of the team participating in this won't get you there.

Reactions: egd27

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Toews on a PTO would be my top choice for #3 C
if he is healthy enough to play, he could be a very solid pickup.
I also think Brodie needs to be moved out too, we need his $$$ more than we need him

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Stastny and Tatar aren’t likely signing League min contracts though, so that kind of disqualified them from the premise of this thread. They aren’t dumpster diving.

Cal Foote is also part of the 2018 cloud, that would have some interest.
2018 World Junior player...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Well they amounted to nothing in the end. Bunting was fine, but a lot of other duds in there.

I prefer the higher impact potential of Bertuzzi and Domi to be honest.

We also have Knies on his ELC, Robertson trying to save his career and guys like Holmberg who are ready to challenge for a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad