Speculation: No.3 Goalie to Colorado

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow, he's still on the books until 2029? I need that kind of severance package.

Fortunately for the Islanders, it's just money and not cap space.

Word. Couldn't we all use that kind of long-term financial security? Where's my Garth Snow deal? Where's my Charles Wang? :laugh:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
This is exactly the type of trade Detroit needs to make in order to give some playing time to Cossa, Olkinuora or Brattstrom can be sent for a 5th or 6th rounder, or a RHD prospect.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
This is exactly the type of trade Detroit needs to make in order to give some playing time to Cossa, Olkinuora or Brattstrom can be sent for a 5th or 6th rounder, or a RHD prospect.

Not sure Brattstrom is any better than Annunen as a 3G, but Olkinuora could be interesting. I just don't know if Yzerman will agree to your plan, given that he just signed Olkinuora as a 31 year old UFA in June.

Reactions: Mister Ed

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Domingue and Hutchinson are both on waivers today. Both guys are only AHL worthy guys. But each could be pressed to start a couple NHL games in a pinch without it being an automatic loss.

Claim one. Problem solved.

He single-handedly lost the 2nd round against Dallas. (Not his fault that he had to be between pipes.) That was Colorado's year. They'd beat Tampa with just a little below average goaltending.

If he comes free to back up Annunen in AHL. Fine.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think it'll be something more like a Tokarsky or Dell type. Some NHL experience but really a AHL-AHL trade for an excess skater

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He single-handedly lost the 2nd round against Dallas. (Not his fault that he had to be between pipes.) That was Colorado's year. They'd beat Tampa with just a little below average goaltending.

If he comes free to back up Annunen in AHL. Fine.

Sure, that's a solid point.

But I'm not really championing for Hutch, specifically. Any waiver pickup will do. We're talking about a guy who will split duties in the AHL. If not Hutch then Dell, or Subban, Tokarski, Hellberg, Bibeau, Legace, Warrener, Domingue, Copley, Dansk, Delia, or whoever.

I bet you didn't notice that I made one of those names up. There's a dozen goalies about to hit the waiver wire. They're all capable of the job. AHL goalies are easy to find.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Not sure Brattstrom is any better than Annunen as a 3G, but Olkinuora could be interesting. I just don't know if Yzerman will agree to your plan, given that he just signed Olkinuora as a 31 year old UFA in June.

Cossa seems to be further in his path than what it might have been earlier this spring. It could alter the plans.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Sure, that's a solid point.

But I'm not really championing for Hutch, specifically. Any waiver pickup will do. We're talking about a guy who will split duties in the AHL. If not Hutch then Dell, or Subban, Tokarski, Hellberg, Bibeau, Legace, Warrener, Domingue, Copley, Dansk, Delia, or whoever.

I bet you didn't notice that I made one of those names up. There's a dozen goalies about to hit the waiver wire. They're all capable of the job. AHL goalies are easy to find.
And I do not think you have followed all those names that you dropped from the internet enough in action to be able to even give an opinion of a potential of each of them. The goalie coaches and scouts do not have that kind of time in there hands ;)

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Cossa seems to be further in his path than what it might have been earlier this spring. It could alter the plans.

Maybe, but the conventional wisdom is that it's much better for Cossa to get ice time in the AHL than to watch NHL games from the bench in the event one of Ned/Husso gets hurt. I think Olkinuora gives them that option, in the event that Cossa isn't ready to take over the starting NHL job yet.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad