NLDS: St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Cards in 4. That just me being a homer, it's going to overcome the injuries to win this.

I've got tickets to games 3 & 4 in Chicago, which should be fun.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
One thing that could have a big say in which direction this series swings is the health of Yadier Molina. Last report I saw said that he was "cleared for an attempt to make the postseason roster". That sounds sufficiently vague. As many injuries as the Cardinals have endured, being without Yadi in the playoffs could definitely be the straw that breaks the Cardinals' back

I don't even care if Molina can hit they need him behind the plate.

He could go 0 for the series and I still rather have him in than a healthy Tony Cruz, who'd probably get on base as much as a one-handed Molina anyway.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I don't even care if Molina can hit they need him behind the plate.

He could go 0 for the series and I still rather have him in than a healthy Tony Cruz, who'd probably get on base as much as a one-handed Molina anyway.

Exactly this. The whole "If Molina can't swing a bat at 100%, he'll be off the roster and Cruz will start" narrative I'm seeing from writers is puzzling.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Cards NLDS Roster:

Molina
Reynolds
Wong
Peralta
Carp
Holliday
Heyward
Grichuk
Piscotty
Jay
Pham
Cruz
Moss
G Garcia
Lackey
Wacha
Lynn
J Garcia
Lyons
Villanueva
Wainwright
Maness
Rosenthal
Siegrist
Broxton

Pretty straightforward other than maybe Cishek getting dumped for Jay or Pham which I agree with. I like 6 bench spots and am very happy that only 1 of the gasoline spitters (Cishek and Broxton) made the team. That's one less knife for Matheny to stab in our eyes.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
you just know he's going to get broxton up in a key spot and somehow it'll end up broxton v. schwarber with men on base and matheny will have that matheny face where he looks like someone just did an amazing magic trick in front of him.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Cards NLDS Roster:

Molina
Reynolds
Wong
Peralta
Carp
Holliday
Heyward
Grichuk
Piscotty
Jay
Pham
Cruz
Moss
G Garcia
Lackey
Wacha
Lynn
J Garcia
Lyons
Villanueva
Wainwright
Maness
Rosenthal
Siegrist
Broxton

Pretty straightforward other than maybe Cishek getting dumped for Jay or Pham which I agree with. I like 6 bench spots and am very happy that only 1 of the gasoline spitters (Cishek and Broxton) made the team. That's one less knife for Matheny to stab in our eyes.

Jay/Pham made it over Adams. They were always gonna carry an extra bench player.

Surprised Villaneuva made it when Matheny barely ever used him during the season. I guess with Lyons as the only other lefty they needed someone else to be the long man.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Probably the best offensive lineup the Cards have fielded all year. Which still isn't saying all that much.

3B Matt Carpenter (L)
1B S. Piscotty (R)
LF Matt Holliday (R)
CF Jason Heyward (L)
SS Jhonny Peralta (R)
RF Randal Grichuk (R)
C Yadier Molina (R)
2B Kolten Wong (L)
P John Lackey (R

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If the Cards can manage more than 2 wins this series, they should be fine.

TIL John Madden is an HF poster

That lineup looks killer on paper but with the health of 4 of the 8 highly in question, we'll have to see how it goes

S A W F T*

Man... this TBS Pitch Tracker is even more off than the NL WC Game.

S A W F T*

Guess it's just me tonight.

Cards take an early 1-0 lead.

Lester getting hit hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad