Switzerland: NLA 2020-2021 (Zug wins championship)

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
All National league teams agreed on continueing until 1st December. They will reasess the situation then and, depending on the epidemical situation and the financial aid, decide wheter to go on or not.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
All National league teams agreed on continueing until 1st December. They will reasess the situation then and, depending on the epidemical situation and the financial aid, decide wheter to go on or not.

I saw on mysports youtube channel title "schwarz tag fur Eishockey" ?! what does it mean ? I know what it means in translation (black day for ice hockey), but what is it behind it, because my first thought was that NL was postponed.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I didn't watch the video but it's probably about not being able to play in front of spectators and about how tough this is gonna be financially in 2021 and beyond.

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
I saw on mysports youtube channel title "schwarz tag fur Eishockey" ?! what does it mean ? I know what it means in translation (black day for ice hockey), but what is it behind it, because my first thought was that NL was postponed.
It's basically an interview with Ueli Schwarz (He has a seat on EHC Biel's supervisory board and is a well known expert on TV).
He says that he understands that the Swiss government bans mass gatherings due to the bad situation regarding Covid19. But he also mentions that there's gonna be serious damage to the clubs, and therefore the league and that they don't have any possibilities left to make any money and are forced now to take loans from the state and get in debt. Some clubs could fold if those loans aren't turned into subsidies.

In the second part he basically just mentions that the clubs have to get together and find solutions ASAP. He himself would prefer to put the league on hold for a while.

Note: The league will at least continue until the first of December.

Reactions: pukovnik

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Omark is dominating. 17 points in 9 games.

Well he is one of the best (veteran) players outside the NHL, so its not that surprising. He is just as good as he was in Zug a few years ago. Also a very spectacular player that enriches the entertainment factor of the league, so i am really glad he is back.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Is it true...Davos is the worst squad in the league this year? Really need to find a way to watch live games ...I speak mediocre German so no translation needed. Go Lugano and Ambri !

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I'm still amused by that part.

To answer your question; I wouldn't say that Davos has the worst squad in the league this year. They had a bad start and played the least amount of games in the league. You can look at the standings here and sort them by points/per game, which puts Davos at 9th place right now.

Well, I don't like both Real Madrid and Barcelona :)

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Jesus Christ that would be horrible. Its hard enough to make the NLA as a young swiss player right now and it will be next to impossible if that rule gets implemented.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
On a more positive note: Old man Ambühl is tied for second in league scoring and first in PPG at 37. What a player. If he was born 10 or 15 years later, he could have probably had a nice NHL career with a bit of luck. It still bugs me how he was treated in Hartford/New York. It will be sad day for swiss hockey when he retires...

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
What the hell? Some strange desire to be more competitive in the Champions League? In a weird way it may actually drive more borderline talents to North America to take more of a shot at the NHL via the AHL but i just don't think using the DEL model will be a good thing overall.
The NLA is already on second place in the CHL after the SHL and I don't think they care enough about the tournament. Their plan is to reduce salaries with (better) foreigners playing for less money than Swiss players. But it's already hard enough for a young player to earn a spot in the NLA and I think it will hurt our NT developement.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
The NLA is already on second place in the CHL after the SHL and I don't think they care enough about the tournament. Their plan is to reduce salaries with (better) foreigners playing for less money than Swiss players. But it's already hard enough for a young player to earn a spot in the NLA and I think it will hurt our NT developement.

I would say if this foreginer number take place within 10 years NT could go back to dark-ish '90-s level... :(

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I just read the article about imports, I think this will throw the league a little back, and raise the cost for imports. Some guys who now say, the heck with you, I will go play in swiss (instead of KHL), may no longer have that option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad