Post-Game Talk: NJD @ WSH | 1/2/22 (!) | 3:00p ET

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Happy new years everyone. Hope everyone's New Years started off better than mine. Got the covid with symptoms, pop :sarcasm:. Ugh

gif1.gif

Edit: phew got rapid results back with negative. PCR results later. But thank God. Still feel like shit tho

Last edited:

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Edit: phew got rapid results back with negative. PCR results later. But thank God. Still feel like shit tho

Glad to hear you’re clear, hope it stays that way! I had Omicron in mid-December and my breathing and cough still aren’t resolved. Half expecting (or wishing for) Lavi to announce when I’m finally out of ‘COVID protocol’…

Reactions: tenken00

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

Should be interesting to see who plays today. Surprisingly Protas sent to Hershey.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Also looks like Eller is in judging by the picture the Caps posted of him walking into the arena. Interesting they sent down Protas instead of McMichael, for those that were on the Protas > CMM train.

Will be interesting to see what the 2nd and 3rd lines look like.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Also looks like Eller is in judging by the picture the Caps posted of him walking into the arena. Interesting they sent down Protas instead of McMichael, for those that were on the Protas > CMM train.

Will be interesting to see what the 2nd and 3rd lines look like.
I was definitely on that train. Seemed like coaches were as well based on minutes played. I certainly don’t dislike CMM and hope he continues to grow. But i am surprised. And I guess Leason will stay up as well but that makes sense as he is a RW (not Center or LW).

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I was definitely on that train. Seemed like coaches were as well based on minutes played. I certainly don’t dislike CMM and hope he continues to grow. But i am surprised. And I guess Leason will stay up as well but that makes sense as he is a RW (not Center or LW).
Well. Just like that Backstrom and Oshie are out due to illness so we will not get to see a healthy (minus Mantha) top 9 once again.

Guessing:

8-19-43
43-20-10
24-23-49
62-26-21

As for Protas, I think the coaches likely felt more comfortable with him as a center and thought he was more defensively reliable to play with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. To my eye, McMichael creates a lot more offensively and would be a better fit in a top 6 role with more reliable players in Backstrom and Oshie. Protas really surprised me with his effectiveness though and hopefully he gets a lot of TOI and PP time in Hershey. He’s gonna be a really solid player.

Reactions: DWGie26

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Glad to hear you’re clear, hope it stays that way! I had Omicron in mid-December and my breathing and cough still aren’t resolved. Half expecting (or wishing for) Lavi to announce when I’m finally out of ‘COVID protocol’…

This virus is brutal. Tearing through my household right now. Asthmatic son is struggling, and a family friend 38 male (fit as a fiddle) been in hospital for three weeks. Unvaccinated…sigh

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
@txpd just want your thoughts.

Do you really? They are getting players out of protocol and need roster space. Both of the players assigned to Hershey are free roster moves. Beyond that Ive not seen a comment from Laviolette on the subject? Have you? I still think come playoffs that given the choice Protas plays and Sprong is scratched until I have more info.

Reactions: notDkristich

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Do you really? They are getting players out of protocol and need roster space. Both of the players assigned to Hershey are free roster moves. Beyond that Ive not seen a comment from Laviolette on the subject? Have you? I still think come playoffs that given the choice Protas plays and Sprong is scratched until I have more info.

Yeah but why Protas over other AHLers still on team? Lavi does sing his praise during pressers for playing a complete game. Just wondering.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Kempny looks lost. Scoring chance and odd man rush galore when he’s out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad